It’s been inspiring to see Kelly Clarkson‘s rise from wannabe to Grammy-award winning pop superstar. But recently, there are some disturbing signs that she is turning the corner into some unfortunate territory: Divaville. Here’s why I’m worried:
- She just sold her old house, which was a modest little number in Mansfield, Texas. It’s fine that she’s selling her house, but watch out if she ends up in a Hollywood mansion with a pool shaped like a microphone.
- She broke up with her boyfriend, Graham Colton, reportedly due to their "busy schedules." Once again, this is okay. But she needs to be careful that she doesn’t end up with a Hollywood boyfriend or worse, be caught making out with Colin Farrell.
- Finally, there is the American Idol double whammy: She didn’t want to let AI use her music on their show and she didn’t thank the show when she won the Grammy. Okay, maybe she wants to make a break from the show, but she has to at least acknowledge its role in making her famous. OF course, she’s free to say mean things about Simon.
Kelly, we love you because you’re one of us. Please don’t become one of them.
TMZ has a list of some things that photographers have witnessed but are too classy to capture with their cameras. A partial list:
Britney Spears has gone into the bathroom at a Mobil Gas Station three times — each time she was barefoot. Are they trying to imply that a gas-station floor is dirty?
- Lindsay Lohan was caught picking her nose for several minutes straight. Who says she’s not eating enough?
- Pam Anderson bakes casseroles for her kid’s classmates. She’s an awesome mom, picking
her kids up everyday and, much to their chagrin, kissing them in public. They might just be a little bit of afraid of her lips.
- Mel Gibson plays cat and mouse games with paparazzi, hiding behind cars and startling them. Why are they always trying to crucify Mel?
- Madonna often rides her bike in the exact
same clothing, minimizing the number of photos the paparazzi can sell. Yeah, that’s the reason!
QUOTE: "I didn’t even know my bra size until I made a movie." – Angelina Jolie (3am)
OSCAR NOMINEE PARODY: Conversations I’ve Had During A Normal Day In Los Angeles, Modified To Include The Shocking Depiction Of Racism Found In Paul Haggis’ 2004 Film Crash. (McSweeney’s)
BIGGEST CRASH THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OSCARS: Lindsay Kildow’s (NBC)
THE ‘TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE’ AWARD FOR A STUPID HEADLINE: Jaws Creator Loved Sharks, Wife Reveals (Times Online)
EMBARRASSING VAN HALEN NEWS: Van Halen Headed to Next Season of ‘Rock Star’? (TMZ)
VIDEO OF KATIE HOLMES GETTING THE WOOL PULLED OVER HER EYES BY SOMEBODY OTHER THAN TOM CRUISE: Katie Holmes Punk’d Video (Smit Happens)
I’m not sure why, but I’m pretty sure this is my favorite video on the internet. I really hope "Only in Kenya" becomes the next "Crazy Frog." Watch it now!
After watching the video for about 4 minutes I thought, "I hope this never ends." Then, at about the 12 minute mark I thought, "Okay, nevermind." But still.
What’s your favorite part? Is it the adorable dancing lion? Is it the random calling out of Norway? Is it the song? Or is it the slogan "Kenya Believe It?"
I don’t know what mine is, but I do know one thing: I want to go to Kenya. Because they have lions and tigers.
After finally digging ourselves out of the snow, we bring you today’s belated – but still totally best – BEST NIGHT EVER!
Here’s something from the AP:
Britney Spears, a Louisiana native, will celebrate Mardi Gras in New
Orleans…: ”I am honored to be a part of the Mardi
Gras celebration in New Orleans this year,” Spears said in a statement
Monday. ”It is so important for this amazing city to continue its
annual traditions and I am really looking forward to being involved.”
week, photos were published of Spears driving with her 4-month-old son,
Sean Preston, sitting on her lap instead of being strapped to a car
seat in the back seat…. On Monday, Transportation
Secretary Norman Mineta chided Spears as ”irresponsible” for driving
with her baby son on her lap and announced a new initiative to improve
child car seat safety.
Meanwhile, the Vice President of the United States shot someone in the face.