- Nick and Jessica are incredibly close to finalizing their divorce. Finally, they’ll be able to start hooking up with other people again.
- Lil’ Kim gets out of jail on Monday. She plans on heading into the studio to begin work on a new album, but not before she f**ks everybody on the East Coast for old times’ sake.
- Freddie Prinze Jr. is proud to be considered one of Hollywood’s best pranksters. Well, at least he’s considered something in Hollywood.
- David Hasselhoff required emergency surgery after slicing a tendon in his hand during a bizarre shaving accident. Germany breathes a long sigh of relief.
- CBS sports reporter Lesley Visser has become the first female to be elected into the Football Hall of Fame. Immediately after the announcement, Joe Namath called to find out if he could kiss her too.
It’s Best Night Ever for Thursday, June 29th! Dan Hopper is here to walk you through the best of Thursday night tv, including Gameshow Marathon, Master of Champions, and Making The Band!
- PROTEST: Pamela Anderson would rather be naked than wear fur. Hey, I’d rather her be naked than wear fur too! (WWTDD)
- GOOD NEWS/ BAD NEWS: Madonna is giving up acting… but she’s taking up directing. So close! (Hollyscoop)
- GOOD NEWS/ GOOD NEWS: Pulp is reissuing three of their classic albums this summer, complete with B-sides, demos & rarities. Yes! (Pitchforkmedia)
- BELIEVE IT OR NOT: It’s actually more entertaining to read about So You Think You Can Dance? than to watch it. (TVGasm)
- OUTFIT: Jodie Marsh sported a belt to the premiere of Just My Luck in England… and that’s about it. Thumbnails are NSFW (A Socialite’s Life)
The official “announcement” trailer is up for next summer’s live action Transformers movie (have fun trying to load the now massively-trafficked site). I really don’t understand all the rabid Internet frenzy for this flick. Yes, I loved the cartoons and toys growing up. Yes, I’ve always wondered what those robo-vehicles would look like in real life. And yes, I think it would be fun to watch a fleet of Decepticons completely annihilate an entire city (especially if it was Los Angeles). But there’s a very big deal-breaking factor that no one seems to be acknowledging: his name is Michael “cameras flying around while sh*t blows up” Bay, and he’s the director Hollywood has entrusted with the task of bringing this prized property to the big screen. Why they would give this awesome assignment to the creative genius behind The Island, Pearl Harbor and Armageddon, I have no idea – but I really resent the fact his hacky brand of bad filmmaking is going to ruin my precious childhood memories the way Optimus Prime could ruin a Toyota Corolla.
Nothing lasts forever, especially not talk show hosts – just ask Star Jones. But while some TV departures leave you thinking, “Don’t go!” (UPGRADE), others make you mutter, “Good riddance” (DOWNGRADE). Tell us which of these famous farewells was a sweet sorrow, and which ones were just sweet.
About five minutes ago I was feeling kind of down. Kind of lame. Kind of uncool. Then I watched this video dropped by Jim and suddenly everything is right again. Watch Tak’s “I Am So Cool” right this second. It’s guaranteed to make you feel better about yourself– and not just because of the positive message in the lyrics. You’ll see.
There are so many undeserved internet stars out there. Tak deserves. Please, pass this on, and then Drop something of your own! I am so Cool!
Normally when we do these mp3 round ups we here at BWE direct you to a bunch of cool sites and tell you what songs are available on any given today. Today we’re going to break from tradition. There’s only one site you need to visit today: Trees Lounge.
Now, I’m sure that there are tons of other great updates available on the web today, but sadly I’m not going to have time to check. I’m going to be kinda busy downloading the 700+ tracks Trees Lounge is offering. Okay, I’m probably not going to download all of them, but I’m going to try. Wish me luck.
In honor of the 4th of July, each track is about a specific city or state. The mp3′s are categorized by state and… you know what, I’m going to stop now. See for yourself. Enjoy.
Based on my enjoyment of the original franchise, the talented filmmakers continuing it, and the promising trailers for the new Superman movie, I’ve allowed myself an uncharacteristic amount of anticipation for the Man of Steel’s return to the big screen. That’s why it bothers me that everyone seems so irrelevantly obsessed with the movie’s position on homosexuality. Is the new Superman gay? If so, just how gay is he? Is the movie actually a metaphor for gayness? What about the guy who plays him – he gay, too? I really don’t understand exactly what it is about this particular movie that causes people to erupt into a paranoid bout of homophobia. It’s a movie about a well-built young metro guy from another planet who wears underwear over colorful tights and flies around with a cape. How has Superman ever NOT been kind of gay? Hell, pretty much all super hero movies have a certain amount of homosexual undertones, which makes sense considering the fact that they were originally created by and for lonely males who haven’t had much interaction with women.
Anyway, the point is – what’s man love got do with it? I think Superman is going to be fabuluous.
[removed at the request of Splash News]
I really don’t stand a chance in hell, do I?
Pic via Tabloid Whore! Leave your Captions in the Comments.
I sat here for about five minutes trying to think of something funny or witty to write about this clip, and have finally come to the conclusion that some things simply MUST speak for themselves.