Like many people my age, I grew up absolutely loving Weird Al Yankovic. But for whatever reason, I haven’t heard a new Weird Al song in a very long time (I think “Amish Paradise” might have been the last one). I know Al’s still doing his thing and putting out albums, but he’s not been getting nearly the kind of attention he commanded back in the 80′s. In fact, the last time I heard Al mentioned in the press was for his recent campaign to get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, which he rightfully deserves. But now it looks like Al is finally getting back to what he does best – making fun of crappy pop music. That’s why I can’t be happier that Al is turning his attention towards James Blunt’s ubiquitously awful schmaltz-fest, “You’re Beautiful”. Check out “You’re Pitiful” for yourself, and keep an eye out for Al’s next album!
You have to give it to Jeremy Piven: who else would start a fight with Stephen Dorff to help drum up some publicity for Entourage? Well, I mean I’d like to fight Stephen Dorff, but who else would do that?
What else is going on this weekend? Well, The World Cup is underway, so put aside your complete disinterest in soccer for a couple of weeks and embrace Team USA. Deadwood starts back up on Sunday, as does Bridezillas on WE. And on VH1 you have new episodes of Best Week Ever (of course), My Fair Brady, Hogan Knows Best, and Supergroup. So what are YOU watching? Vote now!
- Brangelina and co. will return to Malibu this weekend, to resume rubbing their joy in Jennifer Aniston’s face.
- Pete Doherty checked into rehab again, but he claims he thought it was a supermarket.
- Jessica Simpson and P.Diddy have a red carpet scuffle at CFDA Awards, over who’s more three years ago.
- Lindsay Lohan says she never hooked up with a member of the band McFly. But Marty McFly should give her a call
- Right Said Fred are making a comeback. Willing to admit they’re not too sexy.
- Lots of celebrities smoke pot to relax. But mostly they’re just using it as a gateway drug.
- Kelly Osbourne to host UK’s Project Runway. Singing career was just a way to get into to reality show hosting.
- Angelina Jolie has replaced her Bill Bob tattoo with one that honors kids Maddox and Zahara. Like that relationship will last.
It’s Best Night Ever for Thursday, June 8th! Dan Hopper is here to walk you through the best of Thursday night tv, including Gameshow Marathon, MTV Movie Awards, and Windfall!
- FREUDIAN PHOTO: Hugh Jackman is really bending over backwards to disprove those pesky “gay” rumors. (Dlisted)
- OBVIOUS OBSERVATION: Scarlett Johansson’s breasts voted “Best In Hollywood”, making official what everyone with vision has already known. (Life Style Extra)
- GOOD NEWS FOR PEOPLE WHO LIKE GOOD NEWS: Hot Grey’s Anatomy star Katherine Heigl says she wants to make a sex tape. (ITLYITW)
- BUSIEST RETIREE: Jay-Z, who keeps putting on shows despite his constant claims that he’s not going to do any more shows. (MTV News)
- POTENTIAL TARGET FOR DRIVE-BY BB GUN SHOOTING: Britney’s buff manny is causing bodyguard drama unseen since Whitney Houston sang all those crappy songs about Kevin Costner. (Daily Dish)
When some celebrities make out in! public, it’s like Christmas all over again. UPGRADE) While others should get a room, lock it and throw away the key. DOWNGRADE! Vote on which stars make PDA look sexy and which ones have you pleading Make it stop! Make it stop!
- The first blog I ever visited, The Modern Age, has a cover of the greatest rap song of the past 5 years: Kanye’s “Gold Digger.” Go check it out.
- I love me some Adam Green. A Plague of Angels has a few tracks off his new album, as well as the must-have “Dance With Me” from Garfield.
- The good news: Finally, there’s a new Jurassic 5 track out and it’s on Gorilla vs. Bear. The bad news: It features the Dave Matthews Band. Maybe you have to be in a fraternity to appreciate that.
- Watching that David Hasselhoff video a thousand times got me in the mood for some more actor/musicians. Thank god The Late Greats posted Minnie Driver tracks today!
- And finally, today Musikoon is featuring three tracks from Pavement, three from the Mountain Goats, and three from Sonic Youth. You really can’t ask for more than that.
Dealing with crazed, stalkerish super-fans is part of being a superstar, but a kid from San Francisco named Zach Slow is lowering this criteria a bit with his crazy scheme to raise $10,000 in order to “go out and party for a night” with Lady Sovereign, a female rapper who’s popular but not really famous enough to warrant this kind of extreme fanatacism. Slow doesn’t seem to have a specific reason for his bizarre quest, but he’s put a lot of time into his website, raised almost a third of his stated goal, and has gotten official world that Lady Sovereign will accept his date if he raises the full amount. So go consider his strangely amusing plea and decide whether or not you want to help. Who knows what could happen – nobody ever thought Britney Spears would end up marrying some back-up dancer from Fresno.
Now that the lovable, lisp-able Full House star/ recovering meth addict, Jodie Sweetin is making a comeback, as the host of the new Fuse Network show Pants-Off Dance-Off– a series that challenges contestants to strip to popular videos, it got us thinking about the career successes of the rest of the Full House cast. 20 years after the show first aired, who’s on top of the world and who’s fallen off the face of the earth? We needed some way to compare the careers of all the castmastes. So we crunched some numbers, sniffed some markers and constructed the very first pop-up Full House Career Pyramid. CLICK ON THE IMAGE, THEN SCROLL OVER THE HEADS WITH YOUR MOUSE to find out why Stamos is on top of the heap and why Kimmy Gibbler, is lucky she made it on the pyramid at all.
- Sharon Osbourne says that Ozzy’s sex drive has been completely ruined by his 2003 motorcycle accident. I would have guessed it was the decades of massive drug abuse, or maybe a crippling fear of polluting the world with any more of his spawn.
- Britney Spears has taken steps to legally trademark “Sean Preston”, her son’s name. She was more than a little miffed to then discover that husband K-Fed had already traded rights to the name to his dealer for a bag of weed and a FUBU hat.
- Lindsay Lohan’s repeated bathroom breaks during a recent awards show annoyed nearby Vogue editrix Anna Wintour to the point of telling Lindsay-sitter Karl Lagerfeld to “control her behavior”. The starlet defended herself by saying, “You try staring at Karl Lagerfeld and Anna Wintour for two hours without having to puke a few times”.
- Denise Richards’ restraining order requiring Charlie Sheen to stay at least 300 yards away from her and their children has been extended for another month. This is fine with Sheen so long as Richards doesn’t take the kids anywhere near strip clubs or high school sporting events.
- The lead singer of Papa Roach says his band’s new album is “like a meat locker”. In that it stinks, sounds like animals being slaughtered, and will probably make you want to vomit.