So last week you people overwhelmingly decided that Bob’s playlist was superior to mine, possibly due to the embarassing appearance of Lee Greenwood’s “God Bless America” on my list. ANYWAY, since Bob is the reigning champ, this week we pitted him against the musical powers of our own Paul Scheer, and filmed it to make sure nobody could cheat! Check out their shuffles, vote on a winner, and post your own results in the comments! Click here for a text version of the lists (first comment).
Jack Osbourne announced yesterday that he has closed a deal with a publisher to release his memoir. Through our shadowy network of media operatives, BWE.tv was able to procure the ENTIRE text of the autobiography, which will be the shortest in history, considering he was only 20 years old when he wrote it. Here it is, unabridged, for you all to enjoy:
My dad’s weird so my family was on TV and I got wasted a lot until I had to stop partying so much then I went to rehab and lost weight. THE END
Riveting stuff – we might have a regular Hemingway on our hands here.
There’s been so much celeb fighting this week, I thought I had finally reached a point where nothing would really surprise me. Then I read this story about clothing designer Tommy Hilfiger punching Axl Rose in the face before being escorted out of Rosario Dawson’s birthday party. After convincing myself that I wasn’t on mushrooms and had in fact just read that, I was left feeling kind of sorry for Axl. I mean, how can you get any less Rock & Roll than fighting with an aging fashion designer at some starlet’s private birthday party? With the exception of getting b*tch-slapped by Estelle Getty at a Build-a-Bear store in a suburban shopping mall, I don’t think it’s even possible.
- 98 degrees’ Jeff Timmons could face prison for DUI. And you know what they do to boy-banders in prison.
- Nic Cage buys another island.Good place to hide out once reviews of 9/11 movie comes out.
- Christina Aguilera does promos for Pepsi. Doesn’t compare to “Brown and Bubbly” campaign.
- Fergie will star in the next Quentin Tarantino movie. As Mr. Tan
- Halle Berry calls a British DJ racist. He still thinks she’s smoking hot.
- Kevin wanted to profit off of Britney’s pregnancy news. But now all he’s got is another lousy baby.
After years of doing their part, Fergie’s fake breasts are no longer enough to divert attention away from her face.
pic from IDLYITW
Breaking up is hard to do. Now that DJ AM and Lindsay Lohan, are spinning sweet music together, Nicole Richie is totally coming undone. These pictures taken yesterday outside of an Indian grocery store are baffling gossips who can’t figure out if she’s planning something for her reported album or for another season of The Simple Life. But we’ve seen this before, when Steve Martin hit rock bottom in The Jerk, only all he needed was a thermos and some matches, not a trunk full of world music instruments. (via ONTD)
UPDATE: Spin has a sample of Nicole Richie’s new song Dandelion, a cover of an LFO song. Based on this brief clip we can easily say she’s just as good a singer as she is a writer.
- Do you know what you need today? You need 19 versions of Joy Division’s “Love Will Tear Us Apart.” MOKB is here to provide.
- Looking at Them has a nice mix that includes Stephen Malkmus, X, Beck, Neko Case and so much more. Look at them, then download.
- Warning: The last three posts on Kwaya Na Kisser have included a ton of tracks by The Cure, The Clash and Morrissey. You may have to update your bookmarks pronto.
- Okay, it’s time to mix things up a bit. Head over to Polloxniner for tracks by Ghostface Killah and Pharrell featuring Kanye West.
- And finally, in honor of Axl Rose’s return, The Good, The Bad and the Unknown has a couple of Axl solo tracks including his duet on “Free Fallin’” with Tom Petty. Have a great weekend.
Defamer points us to an interesting side-note from the World Trade Center trailer released earlier this week. As if having Nicholas Cage play an “action star cop” as directed by the guy who did Natural Born Killers, in a movie about the single most affecting tragedy to befall America in the last 50 years wasn’t bad enough, the film’s executives at Paramount found it necessary to prominently display a billboard for their movie Zoolander in the trailer. However, I guess it’s true that no image could encapsulate what we were all feeling that day as much as Ben Stiller giving us the “Blue Steel” pose directly below a building upon which a plane has cast its very ominous shadow.
Normally we wouldn’t make assumptions, but since DJ AM did just break up with Nicole Richie (again) and Lindsay Lohan does have a way of nursing the broken hearts of other people’s boyfriends, we’re kinda curious about this photo taken last night at a party in LA. The two look like they were engaged in a very intense conversation. Of course, we don’t want to fan the flames of the firecrotch.
If baby Brangelina is born today, the mystics at the New York Post are on to something. Check out the horoscope they published today for people with a May 19th birthday:
Mercury, planet of the mind, moves into the money sector of your chart on your birthday this year, so use your brain power and make your talents pay. But don’t think you have to follow the same path to fame and fortune that others have taken before you. Think of new ways to cash in, ways that will get you noticed, and rewarded.
Like being born.