- THE NEW BIGFOOT: Look! It’s Suri! It’s Suri! I think it’s Suri… wait, it’s Suri! (Hot Momma Drama)
- MOVIE: The short version of The Big Lebowski. Somehow it’s even more NSFW than the long version. (Gorillamask)
- TOO HOT TO BE EMO: Joanna covers Dashboard Confessional. Oh come on, look at her. What could she possibly be whining about? (Celebutaint)
- MAGIC HANDS: Bush groped German Chancellor Angela Merkel at the G-8 Summit. What’s up with this summit??? It’s like beach week over there. (Huff Po)
- CHARITY: Denise Richards is baring it all for charity. More hot, desperate female celebrities should be this charitable. (A Socialite’s Life)
A couple of weeks ago R&B singer Brandy dropped by The View. Judging by the way Barbara Walters teased her and pawed at her hair, you’d think Barbara had never sat next to a black woman before. Well, not by choice, anyway.
I was willing to brush the hair pulling aside (no pun intended) and write it off as an isolated incident… but that was up until Tanika Ray came in today. Now I know it wasn’t a one-time thing. It’s an epidemic. And Barbara Walters must be stopped. See for yourself.
Is it time for an intervention? I think it might be.
Well it seems that Britney Spears has taken a long enough break from bein’ country to post another one of her Missives of Truth onto her official website (click on “Love B”). Read the screencap below, then find out what it really means with the help of our patented Celebrity Translator after the jump!
Our hearts are a bit a-flutter, and we’re feeling a little bit nauseous. Chances are it’s because we just took another spin on that crazy love rollercoaster known as the “Kid Rock and Pam Anderson Wedding Nuptuals Whirly-Go-Round.”
It was announced today that the on-again, off-again pair are totes ON-again, following a romantic jaunt in St. Tropez for Pam-Pam’s 39th birthday, where Kid proposed. (Sidenote: Only 39! She doesn’t look a day over 415.)
While few details about the wedding itself have been released, our minds are racing: What will Pamela wear? Do they even make such a thing as sheer, thong wedding gowns? Will Kid Rock, aka Bob Ritchie (no relation to Nicole) have his wife-beater bedazzled? Trimmed with lace? Will they order their cake from Masterbakers? Because they’re trashy like that? Or will Pam have her implants removed for the big day, to class it up a little?
Perhaps most importantly, what will their wedding song be? “Afternoon Delight”? “Freak Like Me”? Leave your guesses in the comments!
For your consideration, we are proud and honored to present the acting demo reel of Mr. Micheal Ray Bower, better known to you as Donkeylips from Salute Your Shorts. This might be the most YouTubular thing we’ve ever seen.
- Head over to Looking At Them… because you need more Isaac Hayes, Frank Sinatra and Tom Jones on your iPod. Don’t you?
- IndieChristoph has a ton of great covers today, including Ted Leo covering The Jam, Phantom Planet covering Elvis Costello and Elliott Smith covering Led Zeppelin.
- I posted a link to a couple of Girl Talk mp3s yesterday and I’m doing it again today. Why? Because it’s awesome. Swing by MyselfMyself now.
- Pitchforkmedia loves the new Lily Allen album- what do you think? If you haven’t heard it yet, you can get a big sample over at Sit Down Stand Up.
- And finally, one of my personal faves Ben Kweller has a new album coming out in September. I can’t wait. In the meantime, I’m going to download everything I can off of Think Tank, including a great cover of “Kokomo” with Adam Green. It’s a good day.
And now it is time for a very important BWE After School message, in which we warn our younger readers about the various dangers they might soon be facing. This week, we’re taking a look at an epidemic that’s currently sweeping our nation from Hollywood to Manhattan – the party girl.
Phase One: Initial Seduction
Young, fresh-faced, newly-famous and still innocently untainted, you are easily seduced by a glamorous life of excess and luxury, never knowing the debasement and despair that awaits you once your good looks are finally gone.
Our second favorite song off of the Gnarls Barkley CD, “Smiley Faces”, now has an incredible video attached to it. And it has the added bonus of being narrated by our favorite psycho-cum-actor, Dennis Hopper. It’s so good, it almost makes you forget that it’s 150 degrees outside and that your contact lenses just melted in your eyes.
Link via Stereogum
Yes, we’ve been on a bit of an Oksana Baiul kick lately. But I think what the below pictures prove is that Adrien Brody, her rumored new squeeze, is a total Trekkie. See if you can figure out which of the below people is a Klingon (Lietunant Worf, to be exact), and which is just a leetle too clingy. Feel free to guess in the comments section.
Those boozehounds over at College Humor sobered up long enough to produce another episode of their hilarious CHTV web shorts. This edition features a fairy tale, a paid advertisement for the many uses of Solo cups and, in a genius move, a filmed version of the popular drinking game “Never Have I Ever”. So strap on your beer helmet, pretend you’re not 28 years-old, and re-visit your college years right from your computer!