- NOTICEABLE OMISSION: Brad Pitt topped the list for “Dad of The Year” according to Life + Style magazine. K-Fed? Nowhere to be found. (D-Listed)
- T.REX NEWS: Every morning Eva Longoria likes to ‘bang a gong.’ No word about whether she follows that up with ‘getting it on’? (Egotastic)
- THERE GOES THE NEIGHBORHOOD: Billy Joel is moving to Brooklyn. No sleep till, indeed. (BlogNYC)
- TAKE THAT, LISA: Samuel “Screech” Powers is packin’ 10 inches. His robot Kevin? 26″. (Cityrag)
- Daryl Hannah is protesting to save jobs for urban farmers, but the long-term goal is to save jobs for urban actresses.
- Brittany Murphy drank milk at the Tony Awards. But still shut out of Got Milk ads.
- A poll shows that most people want to have dinner with Jay Leno. In an unrelated poll, most people like to be the funniest person at the dinner table.
- Eminem is planning a comeback in film. Critics agree he’s an amazing actor when portraying himself.
- Toni Braxton shows her yaya a second time in two days while performing again with pop-era group Il Divo. Ok which one of you Divos is the joker?
- Eva Longoria likes to bang gongs. Tony Parker isn’t the only one with a sex teacher
- Funtime OK (ironically) posted an extensive break-up mix today. So if you’ve just had your heart broken, turn to Roy Orbison, Wilco, the Magnetic Fields, Radiohead and a whole bunch of other artists to provide a soundtrack for your down days.
- The Sho’Nuff Audioblog posted a handful of tracks from Bonnaroo artists including The Magic Numbers, The Streets, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Blackalicious and more. Check it out.
- Rewriteable Content believes the hype, posting tracks from the two biggest blog bands of the year (so far): Tapes ‘N Tapes and Cold War Kids. Download them all if you want to fit in.
- Mocking Music is very serious when it comes to Best Of lists. So when it came time to make a Best Songs of 2006 list, they made sure to include tracks by Beck, Beirut, Islands and more. It’s seriouisly awesome.
- And finally, Kwaya Na Kisser has posted more Boston tracks than you could ever possibly need. And by that, I mean 5.
Making it on Broadway is every actor’s dream. But it doesn’t matter if you’re an A-list actor, Broadway reserves its esteemed stages for only the best performers in the biz. And Haylie Duff is no exception. After wowing the critics with her star turn in the Certs flavor crystals commercials, the other white Duff has been asked to play Amber van Tussle in Hairspray the Musical. She will be following in the footsteps of a long line of skilled masters of the Broadway stage, namely Drew Lachey, Christina Applegate, Jason Biggs and of course, the great Joey Fatone. Brava Duffster, and if bring your sister to next year’s awards, we’re sure you’ll snag a Tony too .
Just in case you were ever curious, this is what happens on TV while you’re busy at work. I’m not going to say anything else. Just watch.
I’m quitting my job. Who’s with me?
In a bold move that would likely have sent Tom Cruise into an apoleptic seizure of furious furniture-bouncing, LA “punk” film director John Roecker wore a T-shirt with Cruise’s face – along with that of fellow Scientologist John Travolta – that read, “Scientology Is Gay, Very Gay”. This ballsy fashion statement did not go unnoticed by the minions of the church, as he was soon accosted by Jenna Elfman and her husband, also Scientologists, who angrily scolded the director and inexplicably demanded to know whether or not he had ever “raped a baby”. I’m not really sure what that particular query had to do with the situation, but the good news is that Roecker escaped the confrontation without harm to anything other than his chances of directing M:I4. And after a few sessions of intense auditing and Thetan-cleansing, the Elfmans were able to safely continue on with their day. So all is well that ends well.
Not sure where you can get the T-shirt.
Everybody’s looking forward to Nacho Libre. Jack BLack, plus the director of Naploen Dynamite– if these two men both bring their A-games, this could end up being the most quotable movie in the history of cinema. White frat guys with backwards hats all over the country are STOKED!
The movie comes out this weekend, but in the meantime you can practice your kung-fu moves with this Nacho Libre game. Click here, then scroll down to Nacho Kung-Fu. Just to give you a heads-up; your first opponent is a pig. I wish you the best of luck. You may need it.
Ever since Tara Reid’s dress strap slipped-off her shoulder, the nipple has been in. From Paris to Lindsay, every big star in Hollywood has shown a little nip.
So it makes sense that this dreamy male actor– who’s copped the surreal styles of everyone from the King of Pop to the Pirates of Penzance– would want to show off his goods in a blue ruffled chemise. Yup, just like the potato chip, these ruffles have man-ridges. Find out whose man-ridges after the jump.
This morning’s Regis and Kelly really classed things up with guests Paris Hilton and Janice Dickinson. While we couldn’t really understand Paris’ boring, incoherent rambling, our patented Celebrity Translator was able to fill us in on what exactly she was talking about. Incidentally, when we tried to use the Translator on Janice Dickinson’s portion of the show, it didn’t work because she isn’t a celebrity.
If you’d like to try your luck deciphering Paris without the help of the Celebrity Translator, here’s a clip of her appearance on Letterman last night. See what you can make of it, but it just sounds like gibberish to me.
Family Guy creator Seth Macfarlane took a break from stealing material to speak to some Harvard graduates. Taintpuncher (great name) Dropped this link to the entire 20 minute speech where Seth assumes the identities of Peter, Stewie and Quagmire. The only thing the speech is missing is random cutaways to interchangable comedy scenes that distract from the poor writing. Besides that, in the words of Peter Griffin, it’s frickin’ sweet. Watch the Peter portion below, then click here to see the rest of them.
Got something of your own you want to pass on? Drop it now!