- MyExBestFriend is my new best friend for posting far and away the best mp3 update I’ve ever seen. Styx, REO Speedwagon, MJ, Bay City Rollers, Rod Stewart… the list goes on and on. This is why the internet was invented.
- There’s something you need to know: If somebody posts a song from The Karate Kid II soundtrack, I’m going to link it. Latitude 44.2N has the Peter Cetera masterpiece “Glory of Love.” Download it, then name it something else so nobody discovers you have it on your iPod.
- Quick, let’s move onto good music. Like the Spoon rarities and B-Sides over at Captain’s Dead.
- Or how about the 14 live Ryan Adams tracks that I Am Fuel, You Are Friends has up. You can never have enough Ryan Adams, right?… Right?
- And finally, Dreams of Horses has a track by Pony Up! which may just have the best song title ever: “The Truth About Cats and Dogs (Is That They Die).” Sorry Uma, it’s true.
Yesterday, we were so enamoured of the Hello! pictures of Angelina, Brad and the brood, looking all family-oriented in the Nambian desert, we neglected to mention something rather odd.
Who is this woman in the picture? Why does she seem resistant to Zahara’s potent cuteness? And why was she invited to be in this staged family photoshoot? Is she one of those nannies who are “like family” ? Or in addition to their Cambodian and African children, did the couple adopt a bored, white 19-year-old American ? I think that would make them true humanitarians.
- LOST star and convicted drunk driver Michelle Rodriguez has chosen to spend 5 days in jail instead of doing 240 hours of community service. But don’t worry – all those less fortunate people she could have helped still got served.
- Nick Lachey falls victim to the old Rolling Stone cover “bait and switch”, instead landing on the front of Us Weekly, where he rightfully belongs. Just like they say: there’s a publicity-starved sucker born every minute.
- Tom Cruise admitted to hitching rides with prostitutes and their johns across the Holland Tunnel back in his younger, poorer days. But he swears he only provided “fluffing” services when he was REALLY broke.
- When not throwing stones at other Hollywood “Stupid Girls”, singer Pink enjoys throwing back drinks in her glass house, Hollywood’s “Dragonfly” nightclub.
- President Bush has chosen Fox News’ “fair and balanced” Tony Snow as his new press secretary. Apparently Bill O’Reilly was just a little too liberal.
A television writer has filed a lawsuit against J.Lo saying the star stole his idea for a series called “South Beach Miami” based on his move from Brooklyn to Miami and his involvement in modeling. Meanwhile UPN’s Web site says “South Beach” is about 2 best friends, who “abandon their world as they know it and head to the alluring paradise of sandy beaches, beautiful people and hot spots in glamorous South Beach.”
Beautiful people in Miami? Sounds like the real victim here is the very similar series 8th and Ocean. And the ugly people of Miami who never get to be on TV.
Saturday night’s grand opening of Randy Gerber’s new nightclub Cherry in Vegas was one crazy party. With A-listers like Lisa Rinna, Peter Horton and Kenny G it didn’t take much time before everyone was getting jiggy with it. But nobody got jiggier than Jim Belushi!
Watch what happens when he climbs on a baquette and sandwich dances with Lisa Rinna. While it may look like he takes a fall, it’s just another one of his crazy dance moves.
Hey, so while you’re getting used to the new site, be sure to check out our brand new Drop It feature. Anytime you’re messing around on the web (when you should actually be working) and you stumble upon something funny, strange, or just plain interesting– Drop It our way. Then, readers can give it “props.” Everyday we’ll post the stories/videos/pictures that get the most props on the front page. I know it sounds a little confusing, but I promise it makes sense. Just play around a little bit, you’ll see.
So far garbnzgh has the most popular link on the page– a clip from The Montell Williams Show that features a dog that walks solely on his hind legs. You have to see it to believe it. Watch it here, then drop something of your own!
By the looks of this recent TV commercial featuring Paulie Walnuts from The Sopranos, it would seem that Netflix is getting a bit more aggressive in their marketing tactics.
Okay, I figured it out: The folks over at The Huffington Post don’t hate President Bush like I initially thought– they LOVE him. They’re just not good at showing it. Instead of walking up to him and handing him a flower or planting a kiss on his cheek they’re running around the
playground internet saying bad things and writing songs about him. I did the same exact thing with Corrie H. in the first grade. Of course, my songs didn’t include lines like “I am the egg-head, I’m the Commander, I’m the Decider, Koo-Koo-Ka-Choo.” But I bet they totally would have if I had an appreciation for classic rock back then. Oh well.
Check out “The Decider.” It’s a pretty clever song… and definitely better than throwing rocks at him after school. Koo Koo Ka Choo.
- Lost’s Michelle Rodriquez opts to go to jail as opposed to doing community service. Helping people is like a prison of the soul.
- Heather Locklear tell’s ex-best friend Denise Richards essentially to F-off. Richards agrees on the condition that she do it with Sambora .
- Angelina tells Ann Curry in Dateline special, she and Brad never discuss their relationship with each other “. He still thinks they’re on a great first date.
- Teri Hatcher is injured on Desperate Housewives set when a light bulb explodes. Ok, who had the bright idea?
- Kevin Costner is accused of performing a “sex act” in front of a massuese. Well, all his movies get happy endings.