- Stereogum gets under the covers with a couple tracks from the forthcoming Radiohead tribute album.
- Aquarium Drunkard gives some much-deserved love to Memphis, featuring both freak-troubador Harlan T. Bobo and his whiskey-soaked countrymen, Lucero.
- It’s March madness over at GvB, who has posted their favorite songs from last month.
- The Rawking Refuses to Stop has some moving pieces from Beck, M. Ward and Beth Orton from a recent Elliot Smith tribute concert.
- The Village Indian documents the latest developments in the Gnarls Barkley craze that’s sweeping the nation, with Ray LaMontagne now riding merrily along the bandwagon.
- YANP posts Bearsuit’s latest song, "Steven F***ing Spielberg", which sounds more like something from a movie by "Alfred F***ing Hitchcock".
The Daily Sixer posted this funny bit from the Letterman show called The Katie Couric Effect about the domino effect of shifting talk show hosts in the wake of Katie Couric’s departure from the Today Show.
Funny, I think I saw the same idea somewhere, where was it? Oh right here! Check out our posts The Katie Couric Effect, and The Katie Couric Effect Revised, respectively. I guess great minds think alike. Ok their great minds had a similar idea to my normal person’s mind.
According to whataboutbrian.org, the fishy, "unofficial fan-site" (created innocently by a "venture capitalist who loves Barry Watson" and not at all by ABC executives)for the new show What About Brian about a perpetually single guy with coupled-off friends, 75% of viewers think the show is going to be a hit. Unfortunately, 100% of reviewers disagree.
Personally, I was so excited to see such a refreshingly funny portrayal of the anxieties of a single guy who just wants to belong. We’re talking about What About Bob?, right?
This picture is big in Germany. Huge.
This unholy matrimony of Cruise / Hoff by Marcus is one of the many amazing photoshop entries we’ve received thus far in our Tom Cruise: You Complete Me photoshop contest. It’s about time these two men shared a moment together, isn’t it?
Think you can do better? Email us your entries to BWEphotoshopContest@gmail.com. We’re gonna post our favorites every day until Katie
loses that basketball she’s been hiding under her shirt has the baby. So get cracking.
Click below to check out two more of our favorite entries so far, and to get the Tom photo to work with. Good luck!
Who needs nice weather when you’ve got movies like these? Here are the top five you dropped Hamiltons on this week:
1. Another shi*ty movie making fun of the last year of shi*ty movies makes millions of dollars, thereby guaranteeing even more shi*ty movies – $41 million (that’s not a typo)
3. Another whip-smart classic from the director of Beverly Hills Ninja, Saving Silverman and National Security – $10 million
4. Thank god Disney managed to hang on to Pixar – $9.5 million
5. If a teacher really tried to salsa dance his way into the hearts of troubled inner-city youth, he’d probably get shot in the face – $6.7 million
Remember in February, when George Michael was arrested on suspicion of drug possession in February after being found "slumped in a car"?
Well, he’s slumping in cars again. The U.K’s Daily Mirror reports that George Michael crashed into three cars while trying to park his SUV in London early Sunday. No word on whether he was asleep at the wheel again, but in a statement the singer said: "It is my own stupid fault, as usual."
No, no, George, it’s my fault. You asked to be woken up before you go-go and I guess it just slipped my mind again.
My, how far we’ve come. How far we’ve come…
- Singer James Blunt has dumped the girlfriend
who inspired his massive hit "You’re Beautiful". He’s already working
on his follow-up single, "Get the Fu*k Out, You Ugly Whore".
- Elvira, the Mistress of the Dark, is creating a reality show in which women will compete to become America’s Next Top Vaguely Attractive Vampire Who Introduces Crappy Horror Movies on Late Nite TV.
- Since Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie decided to have their baby in Namibia, they have also elected to give their offspring a traditional Namibian name. Sources are reporting that the couple is torn between Ndugu and Chet.
- Harrison Ford has denied rumors that he is engaged to girlfriend Calista Flockhart, which comes as bad news to would-be terrorists everywhere, who are now going to have to wait even longer to kidnap her, thereby forcing Harrison’s hand in saving her.
- Is Counting Crows singer Adam Duritz’s legendary and baffling streak of dating women way too hot for him finally over?
We thought Namibia was having the best week ever after Angelina and Brad not only chose to have there baby in the remote African location, but also intended to give their baby a Namibian name.
But now according to tabloids, the couple’s presence in the town has upset the lives of the locals. Their massive, bully-like security team is closing off roads, kicking kids off beaches and causing violent eruptions in the area, all in attempts to protect the superstar couple who are spending 6 weeks in a local resort preparing for the birth of their baby.
Next time, guys, just go to Cedars Sinai.
Hulk Hogan + Dolly Parton singing about Hulk Hogan + No Irony whatsoever = the reason YouTube was invented. Watch this video now, and remember: this was actually considered "entertainment" not too long ago. (link via Gorillamask)