- DMX is considering changing his name for “spiritual reasons.” Reasons like, he wants to go back to the 12 states where DMX has a warrant out for his arrest.
- A new study reveals that smoking marijuana regularly does not lead to cancer. Snoop Dogg now expected to live forever.
- Ludacris and Kanye West performed part of their hit single “Stand Up” for the jury at their liability trial on Thursday. Observers called it the best thing to happen to the judicial process since Night Court.
- Jaime Pressly was worried she’d have to star in a sex tape to make it in Hollywood. My Name is Earl producers forced to apologize for casting the actress and depriving us all.
- Michael Jackson will make his first public appearance since his acquittal last June in Tokyo to accept MTV Japan’s “Legends Award.” Of course, since Thriller just came out there, they won’t even hear about the molestation stuff for another 15 years.
Ugh. Coming out of the closet on AIM is sooooooo 1998. Please.
Thanks to A Socialite’s Life for leading us to this amazing AIM interview with
Jordan Catalano 30 Seconds To Mars’ Jared Leto. Yes, he talks about Lindsay and his new movie and a bunch of other boring stuff– that’s not important. What is important is that in the interview he admits to being “gay as a goose” (which is pretty damn gay, if you ask me.) I’m sure he was kidding when he said it (and I’m sure he was kidding later in the interview when he compares himself to Morrissey), but still. It must be fun to wake up in the morning and see that picture with that quote under it on AOL.
Poor Angela. This is going to devastate her.
It’s Best Night Ever for Thursday, May 25th! Dan Hopper is here to walk you through the best of Thursday night tv, including So You Think You Can Dance?, Numb3ers, and CSI!
- BITRHDAY BOY: Hef, who doesn’t actually need to be born on a specific day to celebrate his birthday. (Useless Things)
- INVESTIGATIVE REPORT: What are perverted guys with moustaches doing at the library while surfing the internet? I think you know the answer. (Deadspin)
- TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE: Friendster redesigned their site. It looks just good enough to remind you to go check your MySpace. (Friendster)
- HOPE FOR OUR CHILDREN: The Pussycat Dolls will not be turned into dolls. Christmas won’t be as slutty as expected this year. (IDLYITW)
One of the great things about working here at VH1 is getting advanced clips from the new show Supergroup. Now, normally I try to avoid reality TV shows at all costs (especially when they involve “celebrities”), but I’m completely intrigued by these people. And I have a $100 bet that Evan Seinfeld will murder Sebastian Bach before the season’s over. Check out these clips. Great stuff.
Mary Kate and Ashley have made fortune as role models for a young audience. And they’re not about to stop anytime soon. The Olsen Twins are pitching a TV show where they teach young kids how to eat nutritiously. The show called Sportee Kids will be aimed at 4 to 5 year-olds and will focus on “fitness and healthy eating.” They plan to follow that up with a show for 17-to-18 years olds that will focus on cigarettes and Diet Coke.
Finale season is now over (save The Sopranos and Big Love), and we the viewing audience have been through a lot. We’ve seen Jack get kidnapped, Jim declare his love, and Dr. Frasier Crane pick up a paycheck from the folks at Medium. But now what? Now we’re forced to wait months for our favorite shows to return, leaving us with those season finales on our TIVOs to watch over and over and over again. Unfortunately, not all of them are worth repeat viewings. Sometimes a season finale is so good it leaves us satisfied and longing for the Fall– Upgrade! Other times, you wish the producers tried a little bit harder before taking an extended summer vacation and leaving you in the cold– Downgrade! Vote now!
So you may have noticed that here at BWE we use a lot of music in our videos and our podcasts. We’re constantly searching for new, fun music to score Best Night Ever, because- hey, it wouldn’t be the best night ever without a good soundtrack. Right?
Well, we want to open it up to you. Are you in a band? Are you an up-and-coming singer/songwriter who would love to get your music out to hundreds of thousands of people a week? Are you on MySpace? If you answered Yes to any of these questions, then you’re just what we’re looking for.
Click here for details, (it’s easy, I promise) and in no time you could be hearing your stuff on the BWE Podcasts. Let’s rock… as hard as a blog can, that is.
Good news for the millions of US citizens who operate motor vehicles – the roads are about to be a lot safer! Not one to be left out of all the LOST finale buzz despite getting killed off, convicted DUI offender and anti-charity-work spokesperson Michelle Rodriguez informed a TMZ camera man that she’s planning on “leaving the country and never coming back” after she serves her 60-day jail sentence for violating probation. She went on to explain about a mythical land known as “France” where “people don’t bother you”, incorrectly presuming that the wine-loving frogs don’t mind if you happen to enjoy speeding along the country-side with a bottle of scotch in one arm and a bi-curious blonde in the other.
- TomKat attend another little league baseball game. They love their sports.
- Paris Hilton suffers nipslip while shooting her video. We’re sure she’s mortified.
- Madonna thinks cross stunt would make Jesus proud. Makes fans yawn.
- Cate Blanchett to play Bob Dylan in biopic. She also has a man in her.
- Mormon mom Marie Osmond discovers daughters’ sexually explicit myspace pages. Hilarity ensues.
- After years together Jack White finally picks up leaves Detroit for good. Men.
- Gisele Bundchen doesn’t want to be photographed with younger models. Unless they’re plus size.