- Tom Cruise has designed a workout program to help Katie Holmes lose her baby weight. He’s calling it the “Stop Wearing The Phony Pregnancy Suit” diet.
- Liam Gallagher of Oasis has conceded that his band is no longer the biggest band in the world. He then admitted he thought OJ was innocent, and followed that up by wishing everybody a happy 1996.
- The Black Eyed Peas call their upcoming Johannesburg Stadium show their “gift to South Africa.” South Africa wants to know where they can go to exchange it for something better.
- Teri Hatcher announced that the title of her autobiography, Burnt Toast, is a metaphor. Which is sad, because I bet reading about actual burnt toast is more interesting.
- A teacher has been arrested for trying to kill a student. Geez. Whatever happened to the good old days when they just tried to f**k them?
- Bruce Willis believes he will die alone. I, for the record, still think he willl Die Hard.
So Paris Hilton and her wealthy Greek boyfriend Stavros Niachros have split. After a year of dating and a string of surprise birthday parties all over the Western Hemisphere, the couple have decided their romance has run its course. Hilton was rumored to have originally stolen Niachros from the tiny arms of Mary Kate Olsen, who previously dated the Greek heir. We know Paris likes to date guys, like Stavros, who’ve been tested by like-minded starlets. So we’ve compiled the top five passed-around guys she could date next.
1)Cisco Adler (currently dating Mischa Barton, formerly with Kimberly Stewart)
2)Scott Sartaino (currently dating Jamie Lynn Siglerformerly with Ashley Olsen)
3) Wilmer Valderamma (currently dating no one, formerly with everyone)
4) Jared Leto(formerly with Lindsay Lo, Scarlett Jo, and Ashley Olsen)
5) Brett Ratner (currently dating Lindsay Lohan, formerly with Serena Williams)
Factoring in looks, former girlfriends and financial status, who will Paris conquer next?
It’s Best Night Ever for Monday, May 1st! Bob Castrone is here to walk you through the best of Monday night tv, including The Insider, Wife Swap, Texas Rancher House, and 24!
- REMAKE: A remake of 1984′s classic film Revenge of The Nerds is scheduled to start shooting this summer. And yes, they’re still a threat to our way of life. (CNN)
- GAME: Test your Nintendo trivia by naming the game based on the box cover. I’m a “Nintendo Noob” (I can’t believe I didn’t do better…) (Destructoid)
- GOOD CAUSE eBay AUCTION THAT YOU’D RATHER NOT WIN: Lunch with Bon Jovi (Pop Candy)
- ESSAY THAT MAKES EATING PIZZA SOUND INTERESTING: Chuck Klosterman’s “One Slice With Extra Meaning” (NY Times via ProductShop)
- REASON TO BE EXCITED ABOUT THE MTV MOVIE AWARDS: Jessica Alba is hosting the show. She was obviously chosen thanks to her impeccable comedic timing, of course. (A Socialite’s Life)
- The US Supreme Court ruled in favor of Anna Nicole Smith in the case of The Power of Her Large Wonderful Breasts vs. Their Ability To Think Rationally About the Issues at Hand. They ain’t sayin’ she’s a gold-digger.
- Shaquille O’Neal and his wife welcomed a new daughter into the world. The baby, who weighed 187 pounds and was six and half feet long, has already taken its first steps, signed its first endorsement deal and tied the NBA record for rebounds in a single game.
- Hacky director Brett Ratner got totally busted by Lindsay Lohan when she showed up unannounced and found him in bed with girlfriend Alina Puscau. Guess someone didn’t tell Lindsay that After the Sunset this Family Man and his Red Dragon like to have The Last Stand during a Rush(ed) Hour of sex with the model girlfriend he forgot to mention. Puns are awesome.
- Rush Limbaugh, arrested this weekend on drug charges, is becoming the Pete Doherty of conservative radio talk show hosts.
- Speaking of Pete Doherty, the troubled singer is claiming the recent photo depicting him injecting a needle into the arm of a passed out woman was “staged” and a “misunderstanding”. Yeah, media – did you guys ever stop to think that when he’s not getting high on smack, Pete spends his time giving free blood tests to people on kitchen floors? Huh?
Normally I’d be all for making fun of Sharon Stone. But there’s something about Russell Crowe doing it that makes me want to jump to her defense. Check out what Russell said about the
falling Basic Instinct 2 star and her forever-youthful look:
“A lot seems to have changed. When are you not you any more? At what point do you have to get a name change too? You can end up looking like a startled chimpanzee. The eyes are gone, the lips are like rubber tires – or more like an orangutan that has been kicked in the a**e.”
I’m not going to let Russell get away with this. So here’s my question: If Sharon Stone resembles an orangutan, what does that make Russell Crowe? I think I’m going with Manatee. What about you? Any living creature in the animal kingdom is fair game. Throw your answers in the Comments!
According to Mike Walker of the National Enquirer, Brooke Shields sent an olive branch to Tom Cruise as a kind of truce after their ongoing public battle over postpartum depression. The stars, who had babies in the same hospital only hours apart, have sparred in the media over their approaches to treating the disease.
But Brooke thinks sending Tom an olive branch in the mail will show him she wants to make amends. And that’s just the beginning, for his wedding she plans to send him four blades of grass and a worm.
She also included a card that read: “At times like this, when you have so much to be thankful for, I would like to personally welcome your daughter Suri into the world, and congratulate you both.” Actually that was already printed on the card. She just wrote “Love, Brooke”.
A little while back the folks here at BWE had an idea: What if we get some great indie filmmakers to go out and shoot promos for Best Week Ever? What would they come up with? How far out would they go? How many of them would get arrested? Etcetera.
Well, needless to say we got some great submissions and we want to share them all with you. In the end, we’re going to ask you to vote for your favorites. Here’s the first one from Hungryman.com. Enjoy.
Hot Online News is reporting that Britney Spears has scheduled a press conference in LA this Thursday, May 4th with record executives and select members of the media. Early rumors are indicating that the pop princess is going to make some kind of big announcement, possibly addressing her recently rocky relationship with Kevin Federline, rumors of baby #2, and who knows what else.
Take our poll and let us know what burning secret you think Britney is dying to tell us!
Future View host Rosie O’Donnell has a new poem on her site about her ardor for boss Barbara Walters. In the poetic post, O’Donnell says Walters is in her “4 u anything – file.”
No, it’s not a new pop song by Ashley Parker Angel, it’s Rosie’s way of saying she’ll do anything for Walters, even sign a multi-million dollar contract and return to network TV. What a gal. But while Walters is in her ’4 u anything file,’ based on her last poem , co-host Star Jones in her ‘u fat liar’ file.