- Brian from Bows + Arrows posted the first five songs that came up when he shuffled his iPod today. So head over there for some Dylan, Elton John, M83, Mountain Goats, and DJ Shadow. Mine would be way more embarrassing.
- You Aint No Picasso has a great Saturday Looks Good To Me song you should check out. Quite a wordy introduction, no?
- The Pillows are big in Japan. Awesome Until Proven Guilty thinks they should be big here too. Download 3 tracks now and do your best to sing along.
- Neiles Life posted some tracks from the new Death Cab for Cutie “Crooked Teeth” single. Go make Seth Cohen proud.
- Be the hippest kid on the block- head over to Red Blondehead for a bunch of tracks by Gnarls Barkley, The Walkmen and Dirty on Purpose. Oh, and Snow Patrol.
- If you want some prime Radiohead B-Sides head over to Stage Hymns. If you want A-sides, buy the damn albums already, will ya?
We thought we were cured from homosexuality with Kirk Cameron’s last religious video, so why do we feel all tingly when he and his mustachioed partner unpeel a banana? Watch another enlightening video on faith and repressed sexuality courtesy of the Way of the Master
(via College Humor)
- Chris Rock hired embroiled detective Anthony Pellicano to investigate a woman who claimed to be his babymamma…after Rock’s initial investigation of the woman, led to the accusation.
- Maury Povich is being sued by a producer on his show who claims he forced her to watch porn and expose herself. Sounds like this could all be worked out on Maury’s show.
- Angelina and Brad issue a plea for privacy while she has her baby in Africa. Also asking for a masseuse and prenatal yoga instructor.
- Tom Cruise says he changes diapers and burps Suri while Kate breastfeeds her. We didn’t ask.
- Mischa, Nicole and DJ AM spend the day painting pottery…Blackberry’s count as pottery right?
It’s pretty rare that I get excited about a commercial, but this American Express spot directed by and starring Wes Anderson, is more entertaining than 90% of the feature films that will come out this year:
Bob Castrone dropped in on his old friend, the Best Night Ever. Together, they watched American Chopper (starring Billy Joel!), Deal or No Deal, The Apprentice, and 24.
Tom Cruise says he used to hitchhike with truckers who were picking up female prostitutes outside New York’s Holland Tunnel.
Cruise, who was 18 at the time, explained he simply hitchhiked to save a little cash but he never got invovled with the women. And you know what? We believe him.
There was a time when life was simpler. We believed we could make a difference by tieing flannel shirts around our waists. We thought our doc martin combat boots were intimidating to adults. We all wanted to move to seattle for the music but more so for the coffee and we even believed Wynona Ryder was a role model.
Well those days are long gone, but the music is back. Smashing Pumpkins is reuniting for an album. Eddie Vedder’s on tour and Soul Asylum is in the studio recording a comeback. Even Courtney Love may be working on an album with the help of Moby (and hopefully a sponsor).
Now if we could just bring back My So Called Life, Bill Clinton and the 20 pounds missing from Ethan Hawke’s face, it’d be like the good old days.
If you’re anything like me, you would have given just about anything to be one of the lucky people in attendance at a recent screening and reunited cast Q & A of one of the most awesome and hilarious movies ever to emerge from the 80′s – The Monster Squad! Check out the pics and recap here!
It’s Monday, April 24th and there’s a lot on TV tonight. So what are you watching? Vote now!
- I can’t wait for the new Pearl Jam album. A letter never sent has all the tracks you need from their previous releases to put together a nice mix to get you in the mood.
- Kwaya Na Kisser has a live recording of Radiohead’s Thom Yorke guesting with R.E.M. on “E-Bow The Letter.”
- I normally wouldn’t link to Bono solo tracks (sorry U2 fans). But when you have him covering “Give Me Back My Job” with Tom Petty, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson and Carl Perkins you just can’t avoid it. Head over to Cable and Tweed now to give it a listen.
- Mocking Music has a bunch of live tracks from Neutral Milk Hotel, R.E.M., Wolf Parade, Sigur Ros, and supergroup The Bens. Well, they’re super to me.
- Let’s stick with the live music thing: Ear Farm has a whole Red Hot Chili Peppers concert live from London, while Phish & Chips has a solo Ben Harper show live from Boston.
- And finally, m3 online has four versions of Feist’s “Mushaboom.” Why do you need four versions? Because it’s that damn good, that’s why.