1. Pixar laps the competition with the greatest movie about automobiles since 1988′s License To Drive – and without the help of Corey Haim! – $62.8 million
2. A lot of frat guys are scoring a lot of brownie points with their naively romantic sorority girlfriends – $20.5 million
3. This heat surrounding this movie cooled off like Iceman gave it a full-body Shiatsu massage with a happy ending – $15.6 million
4. Maybe this means we won’t be subjected to 777: The Slot Machine’s Story next July – $15.5 million
5. I’m sure this movie is good and all, but I’ve still got my fingers crossed for a CGI version of Cathy, as voiced by Rosie O’Donnell. That Cathy’s so hilariously frazzled! – $10.3 million
There’s so much on tonight, I don’t know where to start. Wait– yes I do. Let’s start with the Rock, Paper, Scissors Championship on A&E, without a doubt the most ridiculous competition on the planet (besides the Real World Road Rules Challenge, of course.) On TNT we have the series premiere of Saved, starring the drummer from That Thing You Do! and the season premiere of The Closer starring the woman from Singles who married Kevin Bacon. Tonight we also usher in a new season of Hell’s Kitchen on Fox and ABC’s new reality show How To Get The Guy. Now, if cooking and/or picking up men doesn’t interest you, I recommend you tune into the 2-hour series finale of Monster Garage on Discovery or a new episode of Fast Inc. on MTV. See, I told you there’s a lot on. So what are YOU watching? Vote now!
Thanks to garble for Dropping this video that shows what would happen if you mashed up U2 with George W. Bush. Somebody took the time to cut and splice a bunch of W’s speeches to make it appear as if he’s singing “Sunday Bloody Sunday.” Watch the video now so you can see what U2 would be like if they had a frontman who was less politically active than Bono.
Got something of your own that you’d want us to check out? Drop it now!
It’s Best Night Ever for Sunday, June 11th! Robin Hopkins is here to walk you through the best of Sunday night tv, including The Tony Awards, Entourage, and Deadwood!
For the past 9 years, Meredith Vieira has led her co-hosts in conversations about everything from sex to politics, but mostly she’s done her best to keep Joy Behar from clubbing Star Jones with a coffee mug. So raise a glass to Meredith and pour one out for Star, because now that Meredith’s gone, b*tch is going down.
Alex is trusting me with iPod shuffle duties today, and I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little bit nervous. Okay. Deep breath. Here goes nothing:
1. The Yardbirds “Smokestack Lightening”
2. Oasis “Talk Tonight”
3. Arcade Fire “Wake Up”
4. K-os “Freeze”
5. The Beatles “Not A Second Time”
Wow, interesting: no Americans in the bunch. Sorry about that. Well, now it’s your turn. Throw the first five songs that come up on your shuffle into the Comments section. And don’t lie!
Forget Brandon Davis and the whole firecrotch debacle. Lindsay Lohan has a new feud and a new arch-nemesis who’s bigger, more powerful and far more environmentally-friendly. We’re not sure what when down between these two but based on this footage from last night’s Tonight Show, it on. Oh it’s definitely on.