Tabloids are speculating that Katie Holmes is suffering from a bout of Post-Partum depression. According to reports the actress is “exhausted and “constantly in tears” since giving birth to daughter Suri.” Most doctors prescribe anti-depressants to combat what they call a hormonal reaction to intense bodily trauma. But we’re with Tom. It sounds like she’s just being glib.
I happen to think The Office is one of the best shows on television, but all anyone ever talks about is “Jim and Pam” this and “Jim and Pam” that. I am of the opinion that the “Jim and Pam” will-they-or-won’t-they storyline is boring, re-hashed “Ross and Rachel” pap. The only real love story on The Office is the one about the secret, forbidden love of Dwight Schrute and Angela from Accounting. And that’s why this parody trailer is the funniest thing I’ve seen all day.
Two big movies are premiering this week: Over the Hedge and The Da Vinci Code. Both have big star power(Tom Hanks, Steve Carell) and affiliations with powerful rulers(The Pope, WalMart). The only difference is that one challenges the fundamental tenets of Christianity and the other deals with a raccoon on a lawn. Nevertheless, both films are getting equally tepid reviews. Can you guess which review belongs with which movie?
So everybody’s talking about Katharine McPhee’s amazing performance of “Somewhere Over The Rainbow” last night. Was it enough to keep her on the show another week? Watch this slideshow with the audio (no video = YouTube not taking it down) and let me know what you think.
I’m pulling for Katharine all the way. I love this chick– and NOT just because she looks like Victoria Beckham in a fat suit.
Does anybody else find it a little messed up that the couples on The Amazing Race travel through 10 countries and rack up 59,000 miles to win $1 million? The idiots on Deal or No Deal can win the same amount just by saying (wait for) Deal or No Deal. CBS really makes you work for your money.
Well, tonight one lucky couple will walk away with the money as The Amazing Race 9 comes to a close. Other shows ending their season tonight: Bones, Top Model, Law & Order, CSI: NY, and Invasion. Good stuff, but you’re probably going to be too busy checking to see who gets kicked off American Idol (please let it be Taylor.) So what are YOU watching tonight? Vote now!
Yes Britney almost killed her baby the other day when she strapped him into her convertible in a caseat facing the wrong direction. But we swear, there’s a reasonable explanation for this: Britney’s recording a rap album. The pop star reportedly signed on 50 Cent’s producer Jonathan “JR” Rotem to record an album that reveals a whole new side of Britney, a harder side. She’s not a Slave 4 U anymore, and the drive she took with Sean P. the other day proved it. She may not have grown up on the streets of Compton like The Game, or been riddled with bullets like 50, but based on the way she’s been treating her son, she may just be a cold-blooded killa.
Yesterday Nick Lachey appeared on The Ellen DeGeneres Show to talk about his divorce, his new album and his plans for life after Jessica. Understanding what celebs are saying can be tough, which is why we’ve used the power of our patented Celebrity Translator to subtitle what he said with what he actually meant.
If you would like to show your support for what’s left of Nick’s career, why not grab one of our awesome Nick La-Che shirts?
- Nicole Kidman is engaged (again). Call us when she’s actually married.
- Paul McCartney and Heather Mills are separating. They couldn’t work it out.
- Steve Carell injured himself while filming a scene with a sheep on the set of his new movie. No the movie’s not about losing his virginity.
- Shannon Elizabeth snatches camera from paparazzi photographing her with friends Lance Bass, Jamie Lynn Sigler and Reichen. Another day in the life of four A-listers.
- Jennifer Aniston is not as sexy as she used to be according to FHM. Brad Pitt agrees.
- Amercian Idol offers video and audio downloads of performances for up to $1.99. Or you can spend your money on something more worthwhile like a really good candy bar.
It’s Best Night Ever for Tuesday, May 16th! Alex Blagg is here to walk you through the best of Tuesday night tv, including American Idol, Dog the Bounty Hunter, Scrubs, and Law & Order: SVU!
- PREDICTION: Simon Cowell thinks Taylor Hicks will be your next American Idol. Yours. Mine will be Katharine McPhee. (CNN)
- COOL GIFTS FOR MUSIC GEEKS: 3-D Album Covers (Hits From The Blog)
- GUBERNATORIAL NOMINEE: Mimi Miyagi (right), former porn star running for governor of Nevada (Wonkette)
- “HOLY S**T, I NEED TO WATCH THAT AGAIN” VIDEO: Mentos + Coke, with a twist (Gorillamask)
- CELEBRITY LOOKALIKES: Check out these hilarious Cartoon/Celebrity couples (Egotastic)