After very publicly giving birth to her daughter in the African country of Namibia, Angelina Jolie has receieved a personal thank-you letter from Sam Nujoma, the President of Namibia himself. Through our shadowy network of Namibian operatives, BWE has gotten our hands on an exclusive copy of Angelina’s actual letter, which you can read for yourself after the jump!
Tonight marks the series finale of Commander in Chief– a show that, apparently, did not end two months ago like I had assumed. Who knew?
Beyond that, there’s still a lot to watch tonight. While there are new episodes of So You Think You Can Dance, Blue Collar TV, Criss Angel: Mindfreak, and the hilarious Dog Bites Man, but I think tonight’s best bet has to be Celebrity Poker Showdown: New Orleans. Putting Fred Savage, Jennifer Tilly, Brett Butler, and Cool Runnings’ Doug E. Doug in a room together sounds like a can’t miss show to me. But what are YOU watching tonight? Vote now!
- David Lynch files for divorce. Which means Lynch won’t hear the pitter patter of little embryos falling from the sky anytime soon.
- Tom Cruise lends his private jet to Brangelina for safe passage from Namibia. Now they have to lend him their frontal lobe for alien testing.
- Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton are fighting again, but this time they cut out the middleman.
- Nick Lachey has rekindled his relationship with Vanessa Minnillo. Or as he sees it, he hooked up with her again the other night.
- Cousin Balki joins the Masons secret society. Step 2 in his plan for world domination.
- Now that Shiloh is a few weeks old, we can finally give a little attention to little whathisname Rossdale-Stefani.
It’s Best Night Ever for Tuesday, June 13th! Alex Blagg is here to walk you through the best of Tuesday night tv, including Fear Factor, Last Comic Standing, and Tuesday Night Book Club!
- NOTICEABLE OMISSION: Brad Pitt topped the list for “Dad of The Year” according to Life + Style magazine. K-Fed? Nowhere to be found. (D-Listed)
- T.REX NEWS: Every morning Eva Longoria likes to ‘bang a gong.’ No word about whether she follows that up with ‘getting it on’? (Egotastic)
- THERE GOES THE NEIGHBORHOOD: Billy Joel is moving to Brooklyn. No sleep till, indeed. (BlogNYC)
- TAKE THAT, LISA: Samuel “Screech” Powers is packin’ 10 inches. His robot Kevin? 26″. (Cityrag)
- Daryl Hannah is protesting to save jobs for urban farmers, but the long-term goal is to save jobs for urban actresses.
- Brittany Murphy drank milk at the Tony Awards. But still shut out of Got Milk ads.
- A poll shows that most people want to have dinner with Jay Leno. In an unrelated poll, most people like to be the funniest person at the dinner table.
- Eminem is planning a comeback in film. Critics agree he’s an amazing actor when portraying himself.
- Toni Braxton shows her yaya a second time in two days while performing again with pop-era group Il Divo. Ok which one of you Divos is the joker?
- Eva Longoria likes to bang gongs. Tony Parker isn’t the only one with a sex teacher
- Funtime OK (ironically) posted an extensive break-up mix today. So if you’ve just had your heart broken, turn to Roy Orbison, Wilco, the Magnetic Fields, Radiohead and a whole bunch of other artists to provide a soundtrack for your down days.
- The Sho’Nuff Audioblog posted a handful of tracks from Bonnaroo artists including The Magic Numbers, The Streets, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Blackalicious and more. Check it out.
- Rewriteable Content believes the hype, posting tracks from the two biggest blog bands of the year (so far): Tapes ‘N Tapes and Cold War Kids. Download them all if you want to fit in.
- Mocking Music is very serious when it comes to Best Of lists. So when it came time to make a Best Songs of 2006 list, they made sure to include tracks by Beck, Beirut, Islands and more. It’s seriouisly awesome.
- And finally, Kwaya Na Kisser has posted more Boston tracks than you could ever possibly need. And by that, I mean 5.
Making it on Broadway is every actor’s dream. But it doesn’t matter if you’re an A-list actor, Broadway reserves its esteemed stages for only the best performers in the biz. And Haylie Duff is no exception. After wowing the critics with her star turn in the Certs flavor crystals commercials, the other white Duff has been asked to play Amber van Tussle in Hairspray the Musical. She will be following in the footsteps of a long line of skilled masters of the Broadway stage, namely Drew Lachey, Christina Applegate, Jason Biggs and of course, the great Joey Fatone. Brava Duffster, and if bring your sister to next year’s awards, we’re sure you’ll snag a Tony too .
Just in case you were ever curious, this is what happens on TV while you’re busy at work. I’m not going to say anything else. Just watch.
I’m quitting my job. Who’s with me?
In a bold move that would likely have sent Tom Cruise into an apoleptic seizure of furious furniture-bouncing, LA “punk” film director John Roecker wore a T-shirt with Cruise’s face – along with that of fellow Scientologist John Travolta – that read, “Scientology Is Gay, Very Gay”. This ballsy fashion statement did not go unnoticed by the minions of the church, as he was soon accosted by Jenna Elfman and her husband, also Scientologists, who angrily scolded the director and inexplicably demanded to know whether or not he had ever “raped a baby”. I’m not really sure what that particular query had to do with the situation, but the good news is that Roecker escaped the confrontation without harm to anything other than his chances of directing M:I4. And after a few sessions of intense auditing and Thetan-cleansing, the Elfmans were able to safely continue on with their day. So all is well that ends well.
Not sure where you can get the T-shirt.