Coldplay’s Chris Martin broke out into song when discussing Mariah Carey’s boobs. "Mariah Carey’s boobs are so nice, and she doesn’t mess around, if she had been aboard the Titanic, there’s no way that ship would have gone down." When asked about wife Gwyneth Paltrow’s boobs, however, he merely responded with a haiku.
- Speaking of the happy couple, Gwyneth gave birth to their second child over the weekend. Bizarre fruit name developing…
- Kiefer Sutherland has signed on for three more years of 24. This guarantees Jack Bauer will have at least 8 miserable days before the writers mercifully kill him off. Poor guy.
- Condoleezza Rice had Playboy and Penthouse magazines pulled from State Department newsstands. Department officials say they have no problem with this, but would appreciate it if Condi made up for it by showing a little more skin around the office.
- NIcole Richie is not "dangerously thin" and she wants you to stop talking about how skinny she is. At least that’s what she told reporters before a strong breeze blew her away.
- Mel Brooks is thinking about bringing Young Frankenstein to Broadway. Fine by me. It would bring us one step closer to Spaceballs: The Musical.
Bob watched the Sopranos, the Simpsons, and Free Ride in a brave attempt to face down the Best Night Ever.
Welcome one and all the first BWE Film Festival. Today we have three wonderful online videos for you featuring some of your favorite BWE panelists. First up, the David Wain produced short "The Proposal," starring Paul Rudd. Next, we have a re-imagined segment of "Ask Best Week Ever" starring Michael Colton and John Aboud. And finally, we have an episode of The Post Show titled "Persons," featuring the one-and-only Pete Holmes. So grab some popcorn, get comfortable, and enjoy the first BWE Film Festival.
- HEADLINE: "Feds want to seize suspects’ grillz." (AP)
- POT KETTLE BLACK: Pink, who recently admitted to doing live webcam sex with her husband, is just so bummed about living in a world in which "sex tapes are cool". (MTV News)
- BUMS: Dudes who payed homeless people to fight on film, then sold the tapes, settled out of court. Too bad someone couldn’t film them getting raped in jail. (Yahoo! News)
- ROADRUNNER VICTORY: A report on what killed Central Park’s famous coyote. (The Smoking Gun)
- CINEMA REVOLUTION: Rap video director Hype Williams is "changing up his style", presumably from "lots of hoes shakin’ dey booty" to "even more hoes shakin’ dey booty".
- ADS THAT DON’T SUCK: Check out these cool posters & billboards. (Just Elite)
- ULTIMATE SYSTEM FOR DEVELOPING MAD HOPS PRACTICALLY OVERNIGHT EVEN IF YOU THOUGHT IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE: "Go Up Strong" (Go Up Strong)
Pop Star Jessica Simpson is being sued for entering into a multimillion dollar licensing deal for low-priced jeans and apparel and then failing to promote them as promised.
According to the Smoking Gun: The Tarrant Apparel Group alleges that Simpson, 25, failed to support the clothing lines and even refused to be photographed wearing items from the JS by Jessica Simpson and Princy collections.
Now the brand is suing her for upwards of a $100 million. Between this lawsuit, Nick’s divorce demands and sister Ashlee’s dwindling career, it seems like everyone wants a piece of Jessica. Especially her dad.
The first week of the 2006 Major League Baseball season is just about over, and so much has already happened. Don’t worry. Just watch this Exclusive Best Week Ever short and you’ll be up to speed.
While most 16 year-olds are happy to snag the keys to dad’s car, Matthew Kennedy of Alberta, Canada scraped up a few bucks to by his very own used pick-up truck. But that’s not why he’s having the Best Week Ever.
The black 1950 GMC truck he bought wasn’t used by just anyone, it was driven by Jake Gyllenhaal’s character Jack Twist in Brokeback Mountain. Kennedy, who bought the truck at an auction with the intention to fix it up, won’t say what he paid for it. But after starting the bidding on eBay at $8000, he walked away today with $61,000 in cold hard cash.
Kennedy says he didn’t know what a huge impact the movie would have when he originally bought the truck. But his mega profit has earned him the Best Week Ever, an honor he’ll have to share with Randy Quaid, who will promptly be suing him for a cut of the profits. (mad props to ONTD)
Those sleuths over at The Smoking Gun are doing more than breaking busted celeb stories these days. Check out their hilarious video re-imagining of the abusive supermodel:
After digging a little deeper, we were finally given a more detailed look at what’s coming out of the pro-life Britney statue. Turns out it’s Chicken Little, Kevin Corvais! Who knew?!?
This entry by Tom is just one of the many amazing entries we received for the BWE Corvais In Yo Face Photoshop contest. Click below to see the rest of our favorites.
Thanks so much to everybody who participated. You’ve ensured that Chicken Little gets at least another 30 seconds on his 15 minutes of fame!
One of my favorite Brit Pop bands, The Charlatans UK, have a new album coming out next month. Mars Needs Guitars has a brand new track, as well as whole bunch of other ones from their back catalog. If you’ve never given them a try before, start now. They’re worth it.
- Another day, another new track by Jack White’s side-project The Raconteurs available on Awesome Until Proven Guilty. This time it’s a"Yellow Sun."
- Okay, I didn’t want to post covers two days in a row, but REM’s take on "I Will Survive" over at Trees Lounge is too good to pass up.
- Neiles Life is fruity today, posting "My Heart is an Apple" by Arcade Fire, "Strawberry Fire" by Apples in Stereo, "Chewin The Apple of Your Eye" by The Flaming Lips, and "Across The Universe" by Fiona Apple.
- Dodge over at My Old Kentucky Blog highly recommends "Piano Man" by Ghostland Observatory. If I’ve learned one thing over time it’s to trust that man. So go get it now, before all the "kids" on the "blogosphere" go out and "blog" about it.
- Finally, IndieBlogHeaven is rockin’ some americana today, with can’t miss songs by the Old 97′s and Merle Haggard. Download them for your country.