- Today, not only does Neiles Life give you a scorecard rating this year’s TV shows, they also posted a handful of Clipse tracks featuring Pharrell. Good stuff all around.
- Minneapolis is being well represented over at Product Shop NYC with brand new tracks by Soul Asylum and The Replacements. Wynona Rider must be thrilled.
- Looking at Them has a bunch of live tracks today- everybody from Tom Petty to Lenny Kravitz to Jonathan Richman to Neil Young. Check them out.
- If you’re in your 20′s, as much as you want to love David Bowie, you’re always going to be a little freaked out by him thanks to Labyrinth. Right? Domino Rally has the song “Magic Dance” from the soundtrack. Download it. Bug out.
- Finally, The Rich Girls Are Weeping has tracks by The Sex Pistols, The Smiths, Joy Division and The Buzzcocks today. I’m guessing it’s the Joy Division that’s making them weep.
It seems that Matt Leinart has dumped spring-fling Paris Hilton , in part due to pressure from his team who feared he’d be caught in a compromising position with the heiress. While the couple were spotted all over town earlier this month, Leinart narrowly avoided a potentially career-damaging night on the town with Brandon Davis. Now the football star has ditched the heiress in favor of a mystery woman in Arizona, who presumably keeps a lower profile than Paris…and better company. Sorry, but firecrotch karma’s a bitch.
So am I the only Lostie who was slightly disappointed by last night’s big 2-hour season finale? I mean sure, it was as entertaining as always, but I guess I was sort of expecting more dramatic revelations than the “oh yeah, the plane crashed cause some dude messed up in the hatch” thing. Is there really an intricate, cohesive Truth tying all the mystery together, or are the show’s producers just really good at making us “press the button” on our remotes out of sheer curiosity? Tell us what you think in the comments. Also, if you missed last night’s Jimmy Kimmel Live, one of the guests was “Hugh McIntyre” from “The Hanso Foundation”. It’s kinda long and, again, no stunning revelations, but if you’re interested…
Britney Spears’ mysterious poem, No More Chains, which was first posted on her website on Saturday but was taken down shortly thereafter, is back up. Tabloids are interpreting the poem as a reference to K-Fed cheating (re: “you trick me once, you trick me twice , now it’s three”). But we think there are just too many layers to the stanzaic composition to be interpreted so narrowly. Luckily she included a picture when she re-posted the poem yesterday. And we think it best explains what the poem is really about: too many appletinis with the girls.
If there’s anyone in the world who has practical wisdom to pass on to America’s college graduates, it’s the man who once wrote a song called “Ego Tripping at the Gates of Hell”. In this two-part video series, Flaming Lips frontman Wayne Coyne gives one of most…interesting…commencement speeches in the history of education. The second half of the video can be found at Scenestars.
The AMC channel understands that Brokeback Mountain was a huge success, but they just don’t understand why. Posters for their first ever original movie Broken Trail (airing June 25th) –plastered all over New York City– are identical to the posters for the groundbreaking gay cowboy film. Only they’ve replaced Heath and Jake’s profiles with those of Thomas Hayden Church and Robert Duvall. And based on the movie’s summary, they’ve also replaced hot gay sex with middle-aged heterosexual romance. But judging by the movie poster and the word ‘broke’, the two men have just as strong a connection–platonically speaking of course.
It takes a lot to make David Hasselhoff cry. And by a lot we mean, a gray-haired white guy winning American Idol. Check out the grand finale of last night’s show. Taylor Hicks takes the title, but the Hoff steals the spotlight.
(via socialite life)
After last night’s American Idol we’re still unclear who really won. Was it Taylor Hicks who stole the title of American Idol? Or was it Clay Aiken’s new strategically rockin’ haircut which stole our hearts? You tell us…
Okay, so I have good news and bad news. The good news is there are a lot of great shows on tonight– The Office, ER, CSI, Numb3rs, Everybody Hates Chris… the list goes on and on. But the bad news? They’re all repeats. Yep, it’s that time of year.
Outside of Fox’s 2-houir premiere of So You Think You Can Dance, threre’s really nothing new on tonight. Sure, you can watch Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle on ABC or The Hulk on Sci-Fi if you’ve never seen them before, but maybe it’d be better if you made plans and went out for a change. You know– be social.
What are YOU watching tonight? Vote now!
- Taylor Hicks is the new American Idol. So you better start worshipping him.
- Rapper The Game arrested for possessing a deadly weapon. Beat that Milton Bradley!
- Pussycat Dolls not as popular with kids as Cabbage Patch Kids. Maybe if their butts were signed…
- Anna Wintour shows up to screening of Devil Wears Prada. Wearing Ann Taylor Loft.
- Jessica Simpson misses Nick Lachey, hit reality show.
- Ashton Kutcher really wants to have kids. Demi’s three teenage girls surpisingly not filling that paternal void.