After noticing the music from House M.D. inexplicably playing during an episode of Prison Break, TVGasm asks the question “What would happen if TV shows accidentally played the theme songs from other TV shows in the middle of an episode?” The imagined mash-up answer is, in a word, hilarious.
When Tom Cruise attacked New York City last week, we here at BWE.tv went on a mission of our own– deliver Tom a stuffed TomKat for baby Suri. Our agent followed Tom from location to location via land, sea and air (okay, mostly land.) Will he deliver the goods? Watch the video now to see a real impossible mission!
Call us crazy, but doesn’t Lindsay Lohan’s new boyfriend, James Burke, look a lot like J.T. Leroy–the fake writer who turned out to be portrayed by a girl?
But mainly we know he wears the same accessories as a certain fake writer. Call us crazy, but when ever see a guy in a wig, a fedora and dark glasses, we assume they are hiding something, presumably a woman.
- Gorilla vs Bear gives us an all-new, soon-to-be everywhere song from those crazy boys in OutKast!
- Said the Gramophone says that blog-buzz magnet Lily Allen is one of the best new artists of the year.
- Red Blondehead serves as ambassador for the eclectic sounds of Sweden’s shoegazer pop group, Sambassador.
- The Underrated Blog has a new song from Sia, who you might remember as the singer you rushed to download after last year’s Six Feet Under finale.
- Brooklyn Vegan dishes up a few tracks from the hilarious joke-rock group Pleaseeasaur, who has just been picked up by Comedy Central’s record label.
Oversized sunglasses or miniature head? Scientists search for clues…
pic via Hollywood Rag
Despite what those liars at Us Weekly might tell you, celebrities are in fact nothing like us. They’re more like cosmic beings with a mysterious language understandable only to their own kind, which is why your friends here at BWE will employ our patented Celebrity Translator Technology to enlighten you with the real meaning of the Words of the Stars. This week, Lindsay Lohan is doing her best publicity full-court press, giving interviews to anyone who’ll have her. The following translations come from this Q&A with the Coming Soon website – be sure to read all the translations after the jump!
LOHAN, regarding why she chose to join the cast of Prarie Home Companion: “Would you turn down a movie that Robert Altman was directing and Meryl Streep was playing your mother in? I wouldn’t recommend it if you wouldn’t say yes.”
TRANSLATION: “I didn’t know who those people were, but my agent recommended that I say yes.”
Sure she gets a little punchy on the E! red carpet, but why does she wait till she’s all the way in Australia to finally be hilarious. Check out this one of a kind footage of presenter Joan Rivers at The Logie in Awards in Melbourne. This may give a little insight as to why Rivers usually isn’t allowed to work inside most awards shows.
(link via Wow Report via Pop Sugar)
I need to ask– am I the only person who watches season finales for shows I’ve never seen before? I don’t know what it is, but whenever I hear a show is ending I’m suddenly interested enough to tune in. Case in point- Gilmore Girls tonight. Not only are they wrapping up their season, but Sonic Youth and Chloe from 24 are dropping by. That’s enough to make me want to watch. Other season finales tonight: Veronica Mars and MTV’s 8th & Ocean. If final episodes aren’t your thing, don’t worry- we got American Idol on Fox, Scrubs on NBC, a Kathy Griffin stand-up special on Bravo, and a TV movie that’s guaranteed to make you laugh uncontrollably about the bird flu- Fatal Contact: Bird Flu in America. So what are YOU watching tonight? Vote now!
In a recent interview with designer Isaac Mizrahi, Madonna admitted she’s a “crap mother.” The pop superstar said, “It is a struggle to balance my career with my children. I’m always going: ‘Oh God, I’m a crap mother.’ I want to get home and put my kids to bed. And then sometimes, if I’m spending a lot of time with my children, I think: ‘Oh God, I just want to be an artist.’” In terms of skill, we think Madonna’s just as good a mother as she is an artist.
- To no one’s surprise, but to everyone’s utter letdown, it looks like Star Jones will be leaving The View. Our only hope for good estrogen-enriched television now lies in the shaking, nervous hands of the only other worthy adversary for the venmous bile of Rosie O’Donnell – Joy “The Jackyl” Behar.
- I didn’t even know Dennis Quaid was suing the makers of Brokeback Mountain. Was there a deleted scene in which Jack and Ennis visit The Alamo, and end up having a steamy three-way with Sam Houston?
- Keef Richards is reportedly “up and talking” after his recent brain surgery. He apparently keeps demanding the bedside nurse pour “a spot of rum punch” into his morphine drip.
- So to re-cap: David Blaine hung out in a tank of water for a week with the aid of feeding and waste tubes, then almost drowned. Ooooh, magical!
- In case you missed last night’s series finale of 7th Heaven, all you need to know about how things wrapped up are these five words: drug-fueled, Satan-worshipping orgy.