When asked in a GQ interview about how Katie Holmes knew she was pregnant, Tom Cruise explains: "Yeah, she did the whole stick test; I think she just touched the box and they all turned blue."
Neither women nor men, can figure out the mystery of Counting Crow’s singer Adam Duritz and his surprising success with hot women. The pudgy, side-show Bob-esque singer has dated stunningly attractive women like Courtney Cox, Jennifer Aniston, Monica Potter and Mary Louise Parker. And now he’s reportedly linked to Real World/Surreal Life sexpot Trishelle Canntella. So how did dowdy Duritz land another hottie? Well, Trishelle was linked to effeminate comedian Andy Dick. So maybe she likes dating ‘down’ and we know he only dates ‘up.’ Maybe somwhere in the middle is love. (I think I just wrote the single on Duritz’s next album.)
History has shown us that nothing ruins art as quickly as commerce, but that was before celebrities came along. If things keep up like this, in 15 years the Metropolitan Museum of Art is going to look like Madame Tussaud’s.
As if the emotionally-scarring "Britney Spears Debuting Sean Preston To the World" statue wasn’t enough, now there’s the "Kate Moss Coke-Fueled Pre-Coital Vagina Presentation" sculpture you’re unable to stop looking at on your left.
Look, I know it’s tempting for you starving artists to throw together a "Lindsay Lohan Saturday Night Bathroom Break at Bungalow 8" sculpture to get some press and sell some work, but this trend seriously needs to end now before real damage is done and someone unviels their inevitable "Katie Holmes Gives Silent Birth While Tom Cruise Hovers Above Her Like Zool From Ghostbusters" Masterpiece.
I just don’t think my fragile psyche can handle that.
- A Japanese cinema will screen the Colin Farrell movie The New World in "smellovision." They tried this with Farrell’s last movie, Alexander… It stunk. (Thank you, I’ll be here all week.)
- Pete Doherty missed his most recent court appearance because he was stuck in Paris. Miss Hilton has yet to comment.
- Tickets for Madonna’s forthcoming shows at Madison Square Garden sold out in ten minutes. Unlike Madonna, who actually waited a couple of years before selling out.
- The NY Post reports that scientists have developed a formula that determines what makes a great ass. As expected, working for the NY Post is one of the characteristics.
- Michael Douglas impersonates legendary actor Richard Burton to get wife Catherine Zeta-Jones hot in bed. Like Burton, he just lays there, dead.
- "I just picked up something and knew at that moment she was pregnant, because I notice things in people."- Tom Cruise, on how he knew Katie was pregnant before she told him, and how he knows the rest of us think he’s completely insane.
For those of you who’ve been unable to properly rest or relax since last week’s announcement of the big Katie Couric-Meredith Vieira-Today-The View switcheroo, fear not!
A quick glance at this video from Comedy Central and your misgivings will be quelled, as you realize that these two women are really just one in the same.
Life really does go on.
Shea had the Best Night Ever watching American Idol, Top Model, Lost and Black.White.
OFFER YOU PROBABLY CAN REFUSE: A 55-year-old Italian Pornstar has offered herself to Osama bin Laden in exchange for an end to his tyranny. (Adult Industry News)
DENIAL: Jennifer Love Hewitt throws a wrench into the Wilmer Valderrama sexual empire by saying she never slept with him. (Egotastic)
LIST THAT MAKES YOU FEEL INADEQUATE ABOUT YOUR LIFE: Money Magazine’s list of the Top 50 Jobs in America. ‘Blogger’ is nowhere in sight. (CNN Money)
NEWS STORY THAT HOPEFULLY DOESN’T INSPIRE A REALITY TV SHOW: While cameras rolled, three men in North Carolina castrated a willing patient. Next on FOX! (Court TV)
Brett Ratner, the undisputed holder of the title "Hollywood’s Hackiest Director", is like that guy in high school who, despite being a total jackass, always had the hottest girlfriend, the coolest car, the best scholarship, and all-around luck that would make the Irish weep into their whiskey.
Anyway, in the course of the past week or so, he’s got Jessica Simpson and Lindsay Lohan (who he might be dating) fighting over him, Ashton Kutcher punking Hugh Jackman at his house, the Malibu Film Festival honoring (!?!) him, and to top it all off, his longtime friend Robert Evans (above) has ‘stayed in the picture’ yet another week without croaking.
Sounds to me like a classic case of Best Week Ever.
- Desperate Housewife Nicolette Sheridan’s even more desperate ex-husband is selling her engagement ring on eBay. Classy.
- John Travolta and wife Kelly Preston won’t acknowledge their autistic child’s autism, instead blaming it on a Japanese motorcycle company. I think it’s ironic and cute that Scientologists are so bad at science. RELATED: the Travoltas defend TomKat’s choice to have a silent birth.
- A picture of Lindsay Lohan looking more animated and life-like than she has since The Parent Trap!
- Jake Gyllenhaal, apparently feeling lonely and emotional following his sister’s recent happy news, can’t quit taking in Lakers games with his heterosexual life partner.
- EXCLUSIVE BREAKING NEWS: Alec Baldwin, who always likes to keep it topical, finally weighs in on Paris Hilton’s three year-old sex tape – he thinks it’s dumb. You can exhale now.
- Sure, you’ve already made big plans for tonight’s Passover Seder. But what are you doing about Gassover later?
According to Star, Black Eyed Peas singer Fergie is pregnant with Josh Duhamel’s baby. The tabloid claims she’s been pregnant for 8 weeks now and the couple are deciding on when to tie the knot.
Congrats Josh! Now you’ve got two kids to potty train.