- HEADLINE: "Feds want to seize suspects’ grillz." (AP)
- POT KETTLE BLACK: Pink, who recently admitted to doing live webcam sex with her husband, is just so bummed about living in a world in which "sex tapes are cool". (MTV News)
- BUMS: Dudes who payed homeless people to fight on film, then sold the tapes, settled out of court. Too bad someone couldn’t film them getting raped in jail. (Yahoo! News)
- ROADRUNNER VICTORY: A report on what killed Central Park’s famous coyote. (The Smoking Gun)
- CINEMA REVOLUTION: Rap video director Hype Williams is "changing up his style", presumably from "lots of hoes shakin’ dey booty" to "even more hoes shakin’ dey booty".
- ADS THAT DON’T SUCK: Check out these cool posters & billboards. (Just Elite)
- ULTIMATE SYSTEM FOR DEVELOPING MAD HOPS PRACTICALLY OVERNIGHT EVEN IF YOU THOUGHT IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE: "Go Up Strong" (Go Up Strong)
Pop Star Jessica Simpson is being sued for entering into a multimillion dollar licensing deal for low-priced jeans and apparel and then failing to promote them as promised.
According to the Smoking Gun: The Tarrant Apparel Group alleges that Simpson, 25, failed to support the clothing lines and even refused to be photographed wearing items from the JS by Jessica Simpson and Princy collections.
Now the brand is suing her for upwards of a $100 million. Between this lawsuit, Nick’s divorce demands and sister Ashlee’s dwindling career, it seems like everyone wants a piece of Jessica. Especially her dad.
The first week of the 2006 Major League Baseball season is just about over, and so much has already happened. Don’t worry. Just watch this Exclusive Best Week Ever short and you’ll be up to speed.
While most 16 year-olds are happy to snag the keys to dad’s car, Matthew Kennedy of Alberta, Canada scraped up a few bucks to by his very own used pick-up truck. But that’s not why he’s having the Best Week Ever.
The black 1950 GMC truck he bought wasn’t used by just anyone, it was driven by Jake Gyllenhaal’s character Jack Twist in Brokeback Mountain. Kennedy, who bought the truck at an auction with the intention to fix it up, won’t say what he paid for it. But after starting the bidding on eBay at $8000, he walked away today with $61,000 in cold hard cash.
Kennedy says he didn’t know what a huge impact the movie would have when he originally bought the truck. But his mega profit has earned him the Best Week Ever, an honor he’ll have to share with Randy Quaid, who will promptly be suing him for a cut of the profits. (mad props to ONTD)
Those sleuths over at The Smoking Gun are doing more than breaking busted celeb stories these days. Check out their hilarious video re-imagining of the abusive supermodel:
After digging a little deeper, we were finally given a more detailed look at what’s coming out of the pro-life Britney statue. Turns out it’s Chicken Little, Kevin Corvais! Who knew?!?
This entry by Tom is just one of the many amazing entries we received for the BWE Corvais In Yo Face Photoshop contest. Click below to see the rest of our favorites.
Thanks so much to everybody who participated. You’ve ensured that Chicken Little gets at least another 30 seconds on his 15 minutes of fame!
One of my favorite Brit Pop bands, The Charlatans UK, have a new album coming out next month. Mars Needs Guitars has a brand new track, as well as whole bunch of other ones from their back catalog. If you’ve never given them a try before, start now. They’re worth it.
- Another day, another new track by Jack White’s side-project The Raconteurs available on Awesome Until Proven Guilty. This time it’s a"Yellow Sun."
- Okay, I didn’t want to post covers two days in a row, but REM’s take on "I Will Survive" over at Trees Lounge is too good to pass up.
- Neiles Life is fruity today, posting "My Heart is an Apple" by Arcade Fire, "Strawberry Fire" by Apples in Stereo, "Chewin The Apple of Your Eye" by The Flaming Lips, and "Across The Universe" by Fiona Apple.
- Dodge over at My Old Kentucky Blog highly recommends "Piano Man" by Ghostland Observatory. If I’ve learned one thing over time it’s to trust that man. So go get it now, before all the "kids" on the "blogosphere" go out and "blog" about it.
- Finally, IndieBlogHeaven is rockin’ some americana today, with can’t miss songs by the Old 97′s and Merle Haggard. Download them for your country.
Last night I was lucky enough to catch Jeremy Piven’s Journey of a Lifetime on The Travel Channel. The new series follows the Entourage star in his travels through different regions of India and boy was it inspirational.
Piven leaves all his material possessions from Hollywood behind, (except his new hair, his Penguin shirts and his Barney’s pashmina scarf) and journeys (oh and his cell and his blackberry) and journeys to the sacred region of East Asia.
In last night’s episode, Jeremy shows he can live without LA’s creature comforts when he roughs it in Bombay. After a private yoga lesson on the grounds of a five star hotel ("this is how yoga should be done") he floats down a river on a boat equipped with a four poster bed and a paddle boy, and ruminates shirtless, about being the Jewish Dave Chapelle.
Piven’s spiritual journey continues after the jump…
Page Six reported today that Everybody loves Raymond star Patricia Heaton and Fuse VJ Marianela Pereyra are set to replace Meredith Vieira and Elizabeth Hassleback, respectively, on The View.
On Wednesday, when Katie Couric quit the today show and this whole morning show avalanche began, I posted something called The Katie Couric Effect, a speculation on the domino effect felt around the world as a result of Couric’s resignation.
With this new knowledge of Heaton’s involvment, it’s been revised (after the jump)…
- Kate Moss: still addicted.
- Pete Doherty, clearly hammered out of his mind, has annointed himself "The New Lennon". You know, but without all the hit songs, popularity or talent.
- Mischa Barton apparently wants her character written off The OC and there’s nothing all the indie rock in the world can do to stop it!
- Calista Flockhart, regarding the Ally McBeal Years: "I under-ate." The rest of the world, regarding her statement: "No sh*t."
- Kiera Knightley cares about whether or not you think she cares about poor people.
- W Magazine has been forced to apologize to Lindsay Lohan for misquoting her in a recent article. She’s actually a raging, coked-up whore with daddy issues, and not just a raging, coked-up whore as was initially reported.