This picture was taken at the Universal Studios Hollywood Apprentice casting call. What’s your caption?
Thanks to everybody who participated in the first BWE Photoshop Contest. We got so many great entries it was hard to pick just one winner. So, just like the Westminster Dog Show, we’re going to have a bunch of winners, with the grand prize going to the entry the judges deemed Best In Show.
So, without further adieu, I present you the winners of Put Paul Anywhere!
<—- Best Proof That Paul’s a Dog (click below for the rest!)
New York, New York: the city that never sleeps, a melting pot of art, culture and commerce, a place that can overcome monumental adversity. But there’s a new reason to love the city and that’s the local commercial for the Cleaning Hunk. Airing only in the tri-state area and only during daytime TV, Cleaning Hunk advertises a new contest offering women "a one year vacation from cleaning." Nobody is really sure why they’re advertising, what the catch is or whether male-stripper house cleaners even exist, but who cares. The ad is pure Chippendale’s gold.
- From WFMU, The Incomparable Rutland Junior High School Ensemble with "Do the Hustle" It’s sort of like Langley gone disco.
- From comboplate, Voice of East Harlem gives us "Cashing In." Just right for a Friday afternoon.
- From The Ten Thousand Things, Aaron LaCrate with "Blow." Amanda Blank (I think) rules this track.
- From Making Flippy Floppy, DEV2.O with "Freedom of Choice." Just had an uncontrollable urge.
- From Lupatarkastaja, Yakuza‘s â€œCancer of Industryâ€ the " most acceptable track of the record, so itâ€™s good way to dive in to this hybrid of King Crimson, Napalm Death, System of a Down and all that jazz." Amen.
- From my new favorite dead horse to flog, The Soul Club, Solomon Burke‘s version of "Maggie’s Farm." And that’s all for me this week!
While the jaded American press is convinced that Angelina and Brad are already married, those fun-loving, optimistic Italians are still holding out for a wedding invitation.
According to Italian press, the couple will be married on a "traditional boat" in Lake Como on March 18th. In the meantime the Paparazzi is keeping a close eye on George Clooney’s Lake Como Villa. You can watch footage of the couple and read more about the story if you speak Italian. If you don’t you’ll have to settle for pictures of the couple after the jump and a lifetime of mispronouncing ‘mozzarella.’
- Looks like Friends spin-off, Joey, is being canceled. I guess NBC hasn’t heard of the golden rule.
- Leif Garrett ordered to stay in rehab. Reality show producers foiled again.
- Ben Affleck and Jen Garner’s neighborhood fraught with crime. Their decision to play crime fighting superheros in Daredevil finally making sense.
- Keira Knightly looks glum as she poses for the cover of Vogue. We know Keira, we miss Tom Ford too.
- Reese and Ryan’s marriage is not so perfect after all. He’s jealous of her career, she’s jealous of his eyebrows.
to the Amazing Erotic Adventures of Georgina Bush. This is an
interactive story in which you get to be George W. Bush, 43rd president
of the United States. As leader of the free world, your schedule can be
exhausting. You must juggle presidential briefings and panty-shopping,
diplomatic sessions and drag-queen karaoke contests.
Take a wrong step, and the world will discover your secret. .
I’m not sure what the inspiration was for this game, but I havne’t had so much fun with a Choose Your Adventure since the 6th grade.
Link via the one and only Gorillamask, naturally.
So everyone from The Sun to The Star to Perez Hilton (ok maybe just them) has confirmed that Britney is pregnant. So doesn’t that mean she can indulge in some pregnancy cravings? Not according to Kevin. The poppa zao of Preston, reportedly called a restaurant in Hawaii where the two had reservations and demanded in advance that they don’t bring his wife any dessert.
Poor Kevin. No one told him the first time around that Britney’s extra 30 pounds wasn’t tirimisu, it was baby.
The Onion AV Club has posted another "Random Rules", in which they ask a (pseudo) celebrity to shuffle their iPods and post the first 5 songs that come up, no matter what they are.
This week, their guest is the uber-funny comedian Patton Oswalt, of Comedians of Comedy and King of Queens fame. He’s one of the funniest mofo’s I’ve ever seen, but is his music any good? Read the article and find out!
As always, when you’ve finished reading, shuffle your iPods and post the results in the comments section. Just to keep you honest, I’ll post mine first:
1. Hope of the States – "Black Dollar Bills"
2. Elliott Smith – "Angeles"
3. Stereolab – "Lo Boob Oscillator"
4. Bravo Silva – "400 Days"
5. Magnolia Electric Company – "The Dark Don’t Hide It"
out the new video for "Rapture Riders," a mashup of
"Rapture" by Blondie and "Riders on the Storm." (Read the story of the song here.) Debbie Harry and Jim Morrison would have made one hot couple, don’t you think?