Those sleuths over at The Smoking Gun are doing more than breaking busted celeb stories these days. Check out their hilarious video re-imagining of the abusive supermodel:
After digging a little deeper, we were finally given a more detailed look at what’s coming out of the pro-life Britney statue. Turns out it’s Chicken Little, Kevin Corvais! Who knew?!?
This entry by Tom is just one of the many amazing entries we received for the BWE Corvais In Yo Face Photoshop contest. Click below to see the rest of our favorites.
Thanks so much to everybody who participated. You’ve ensured that Chicken Little gets at least another 30 seconds on his 15 minutes of fame!
One of my favorite Brit Pop bands, The Charlatans UK, have a new album coming out next month. Mars Needs Guitars has a brand new track, as well as whole bunch of other ones from their back catalog. If you’ve never given them a try before, start now. They’re worth it.
- Another day, another new track by Jack White’s side-project The Raconteurs available on Awesome Until Proven Guilty. This time it’s a"Yellow Sun."
- Okay, I didn’t want to post covers two days in a row, but REM’s take on "I Will Survive" over at Trees Lounge is too good to pass up.
- Neiles Life is fruity today, posting "My Heart is an Apple" by Arcade Fire, "Strawberry Fire" by Apples in Stereo, "Chewin The Apple of Your Eye" by The Flaming Lips, and "Across The Universe" by Fiona Apple.
- Dodge over at My Old Kentucky Blog highly recommends "Piano Man" by Ghostland Observatory. If I’ve learned one thing over time it’s to trust that man. So go get it now, before all the "kids" on the "blogosphere" go out and "blog" about it.
- Finally, IndieBlogHeaven is rockin’ some americana today, with can’t miss songs by the Old 97′s and Merle Haggard. Download them for your country.
Last night I was lucky enough to catch Jeremy Piven’s Journey of a Lifetime on The Travel Channel. The new series follows the Entourage star in his travels through different regions of India and boy was it inspirational.
Piven leaves all his material possessions from Hollywood behind, (except his new hair, his Penguin shirts and his Barney’s pashmina scarf) and journeys (oh and his cell and his blackberry) and journeys to the sacred region of East Asia.
In last night’s episode, Jeremy shows he can live without LA’s creature comforts when he roughs it in Bombay. After a private yoga lesson on the grounds of a five star hotel ("this is how yoga should be done") he floats down a river on a boat equipped with a four poster bed and a paddle boy, and ruminates shirtless, about being the Jewish Dave Chapelle.
Piven’s spiritual journey continues after the jump…
Page Six reported today that Everybody loves Raymond star Patricia Heaton and Fuse VJ Marianela Pereyra are set to replace Meredith Vieira and Elizabeth Hassleback, respectively, on The View.
On Wednesday, when Katie Couric quit the today show and this whole morning show avalanche began, I posted something called The Katie Couric Effect, a speculation on the domino effect felt around the world as a result of Couric’s resignation.
With this new knowledge of Heaton’s involvment, it’s been revised (after the jump)…
- Kate Moss: still addicted.
- Pete Doherty, clearly hammered out of his mind, has annointed himself "The New Lennon". You know, but without all the hit songs, popularity or talent.
- Mischa Barton apparently wants her character written off The OC and there’s nothing all the indie rock in the world can do to stop it!
- Calista Flockhart, regarding the Ally McBeal Years: "I under-ate." The rest of the world, regarding her statement: "No sh*t."
- Kiera Knightley cares about whether or not you think she cares about poor people.
- W Magazine has been forced to apologize to Lindsay Lohan for misquoting her in a recent article. She’s actually a raging, coked-up whore with daddy issues, and not just a raging, coked-up whore as was initially reported.
Howard Stern pushed Carmen Electra one step closer to leaving Dave Navarro this morning when he convinced the sexy actress to buck up and take a ride on the world-famous Sybian machine– a sex toy-esque machine that he can only usually get pornstars and strippers to hop on– this morning.
I mean, who needs the dude from Janes Addiction when you can just buy a machine that satiates you "whenever you want pleasure for as long as you desire"? You can’t compete with that. Carmen even said it was the best thing she’s ever felt in her life. Sorry Dave.
Anyway, according to MarksFriggin.com, fans were calling in congratulating Howard for getting an A-list celebrity to ride the thing. You can see some pretty hot pictures over at Howard Stern.com. Naturally.
Historically, Busta Rhymes doesn’t like be anywhere near the scene of the crime. But in this home video, Busta broke away from a chill afternoon BBQ, to play live TV journalist when a sports car crashes on his block. Check out his confrontational interview with the driver of the car and tell me he doesn’t deserve a muthaf*ckin Peabody. (thanks A Welsch View)
After the overwhelming critical response to her Homerian Star Jones poem, Rosie O’ Donnell has posted more illuminating verse on her blog. This time the poem is called “Journalism” and it grapples with such weighty topics as Kenny Rogers’ plastic surgery (does kenny rogers think/ he looks better this way), iTunes (I TUNES SUCK), American Idol etiquette (ryan seacrest just said/WITH ALL DUE RESPECT/to simon cowell) and the non-stop high-profile lifestyle of a gay cruise ship proprietor(i am done/ odd/going in and out/ of celebville/ with an ez pass)
Read the poem in its entirety after the jump. Or just wait till her collected works are published posthumously. Maybe Jewel will write the introduction.
Now that he’s no longer hosting Fear Factor, Joe Rogan has lots of free time for doing karate, waging flame wars on MySpace and extemporaneously sharing his wisdom via his online journal. In this latest installment, Joe visits the zoo, feels bad that animals have to be locked up, has an idea for a new reality show about feeding people to lions, contemplates evolution, talks about psychadelic mushrooms, and decides he wouldn’t mind being abducted by an alien so long as "the aliens are as cool to me as I am to my dogs".
Just another day in the life of Rogan.