A lot of people have an embarrassing answer when people ask them the question “What was the first concert you ever attended?” For some people it’s a humiliating early 90′s pop act like Color Me Badd, for others it’s a forgotten post-grunge act like Bush or the Gin Blossoms, and for most it’s New Kids on The Block (or even worse, NKOTB.) But as bad as some of those acts are, imagine being the kid who answers, “Well… it was this guy who used to be married to Britney Spears… Kevin Federline.” Would there be anything worse? Sadly, it’s going to happen to somebody. BlogNyc has pictures from a K-Fed performance– people attended, people gave him the finger, people will now be forced to tell people that they went to a Kevin Federline show for the rest of their lives. Poor souls.
- Charlie Sheen has been ordered to stay away from wife Denise Richards. Unfortunately, still allowed to work closely with John Cryer.
- Leonardo DiCaprio suffered a minor leg injury while filming in Mozambique. Unfortunately, Africa’s nearest hosptial had run out of Smurf band-aids for the star.
- Despite his recent arrests, George Michael is feeling fine and set to resume touring. Anything to keep him off the streets.
- Paris Hilton lost her Bentley in a recent gambling game. That’s the equivelent of losing a $20 metrocard for the rest of us.
- Pay five bucks and read Jessica Simpson’s blog, or read ours for free. We won’t try to sell you jeans. Then again, neither will she.
Robin Hopkins had the Best Night Ever, and she’s going to show you why. She’s here to give you the all must see moments from Sunday night TV, including the Sopranos, Family Guy, and Big Love!
Some reality alums go from small screen starlet to Hollywood VIP(UPGRADE) while others can’t get past the bouncer(DOWNGRADE). Which stars should stick around and which one’s should be escorted off the premises?
- Denise Richards accuses Charlie Sheen of threatening her and putting their kids at risk with his porn and prostitution fetish. So she’s just going to give up on what they have?
- Tom uses a decoy to smuggle Katie and baby Suri out of the hospital. Then uses it to take over the world.
- Lenny Kravitz is being sued over an overflowing toilet. It’s full of sh*t.
- Page Six fires gossip scribes. But when you have a really practical skill, you can always find more work.
- Matthew McConaughey saved a kitten. That’s the best his pr people could come up with after details of those false rape allegations?
- Tara Reid’s nipple is back and it’s badder than ever. Seriously, it’s bad.
Well, it happened: Suri Cruise has finally arrived. She escaped her mother’s womb and is now free to run amock and spread the word of Scientology from coast to coast. Is she having the best (first) week ever? There’s only one way to find out. Tune in to VH1 tonight at 11 and all weekend long. I’d do it if I were you. Because if not… Suri’ll GET YA! You’ve been warned.
If you haven’t seen Lucky Number Slevin, the new "stylish" thriller starring Josh Hartnett and Bruce Willis, you’re probably in the majority. That’s why the Weinstien Brothers are luring an audience by giving away the first 8 minutes of the movie for free on You Tube. Now all you have to do is sneak into the theater for the last 102 minutes and you’ll save the $10.75 for RV.
Henry Rollins + a bunch of toddlers = a learning experience for everybody involved. Enjoy this unaired clip from Best Week Ever (and make sure you remember to tune in tonight at 11 for an all new episode!)
We skipped out on it last week, but you guys know the drill – every Friday we like to take a cold, hard look at exactly what happens when people press "shuffle" on their iPods. This week over at The Onion AV Club, they get into the iPod – and the mind – of hilarious writer/comedian/Daily Show personality John Hodgman. As we’re but a small comedy outpost and don’t have access to big stars like that, we’re gonna see just how cool the library of Gothamist music writer and tastemaker Jen Carlson really is.
Bottle of Blues, Beck
Blackout, British Sea Power
I Know There’s An Answer, The Beach Boys
I Think I Smell A Rat, The White Stripes
Hot Winter’s Day, Prefuse 73
Pretty cool indeed! As always, post the first five songs from your own shuffles in the comments section!