Richard Simmons x amphetamines + Tony Danza = why television was invented.
Each week, the writers of Grey’s Anatomy do a blog entry about the show that just aired. You would think that the fans of the show would be grateful for this, but judging by this week’s comments, you would be wrong. They are disappointed. They are angry. And they aren’t going to take it anymore:
Angie writes, "I’m a little disappointed in the blog too. I’ve waited
all day to read it just for the insight as to WHY you people write the
episodes you do and all I get is what wonderful guests you had on. Yes,
Natalie Cole was GREAT as was the Veronica Mars dude, but I have
questions. Love the show – hate this week’s blog."
According to the UK’s Female First: "Britney Spears had to be rushed to hospital after treading on a hypodermic needle. The pop babe – who is on holiday in Hawaii – had stepped out of her car without shoes on when she trod on the needle in a parking lot."
Britney? Barefoot? Hypodermic Needle? My head is swimming. There are so many ripe, perfectly formed one-liners on the tips of my fingers. But I will defer to you, readers. Give us you’re best joke for this Sizzler- we’ll post our favorite later in the day.
Okay, I’m finally willing to accept that none of these fake movie trailers popping up on the internet will ever be as good as The Shining-as-a-romantic-comedy one. However, this one is still really enjoyable. Check out Must Love Jaws. The perfect usage of the Spin Doctors, James Blunt, and R. Kelly make it worth the price of admission.
Unless you’re an aging secretary with too many pets and not enough dates, chances are you probably don’t find the comic strip Garfield to be very funny or amusing.
But what IS funny and amusing is what happens when you remove Garfield’s thought bubbles from the strip, leaving a only a tragic portait of a lonely cat owner slowly sliding down the spiral to madness…
(via Boing Boing)
- The New York Times tries it’s best to base an article around Pete Wentz’s Internet exposure. But once again blogs trump print journalism.
- Nicole Kidman questioned by FBI about phone calls with Tom Cruise. Apparently she crossed state lines with a nut job,
- Bono gossips about world leaders to New York Daily News. After rivaling the career of Gandhi, he’d like to take on Cindy Adams.
- If you weren’t invited to Katie Couric’s fundraiser for colonoscopy, according to FoxNews’ Roger Friedman, it might have to do with being not white.
- Vin Diesel aims for respect of Hollywood by directing a trilogy written completely in the dead language of Punic. Why doesn’t he start by changing his name?
- TV Guide thinks Kristin Cavellieri’s got real talent based on her guest starring roll on Veronica Mars. They also think that number 2 pencil’s performance was a tour de force.
SADDAM HUSSEIN T-SHIRT SLOGAN: "I am the Head of State!" (Breitbart)
STARBUCKS RANT: The Kid from Brooklyn, who doesn’t understand why you’re paying $7 for a coffee and piece of pound cake. (Gawker)
IRONIC NEWS: Kid Rock is afraid of germs. Really Kid Rock? Really? You solely date porn stars. I mean, really?? (Contact Music)
EXCITING NERD NEWS: Filming on the Star Wars TV show is expected to start next year. Cynics are expected to announce that it sucks shortly thereafter. (Starpulse)
MP3: The Sopranos Megamix– Do The Malanga! (Download it here)
- Young MC has sued a publishing company for failing to pay royalties for songs he wrote. The guy he’s suing is his best friend’s Harry’s brother Larry. Young has never respected that guy.
- Sir Sean Connery is suing a country and golf club in America, claiming they used his name to boost business. Meanwhile, Daniel Craig is being considered as the spokesman for Putt-Putt.
- Nick Lachey and Kristin Cavallari keep getting spotted together yet they keep insisting that they’re just friends. And we keep telling you about it.
- Britney Spears was reportedly thinking of splitting with Kevin Federline until she found out that she was pregnant again. So it’s true: Having kids does save a marriage.
- Desperate Housewives is set to shock fans with a lesbian storyline involving Bree Van De Kamp. Sounds like DH is ready to put on the leather jacket and skis.
- "It sucks." That is Lindsay Lohan‘s reaction to the recent crackdown on underage drinking at LA clubs. I think this is a good thing. She already missed out on her childhood, she shouldn’t be deprived of having to get some guy outside the liquor store to buy her some Boone’s Farm like every other teenager.
I think K-Fed’s "PopoZao" is song of the year, hands down. In fact, it excited me so much, that I’ve decided that I want to be a hip-hop artist too. From now on, I will be known as J-Fed. My first single is inspired by "PopoZao" and it’s about the thing I love the most: spinning Yo-Yos. It’s fire!
Lyrics after the jump so you can rap along.