At NBC’s upfront event celebrating the network’s new fall lineup, Today show hosts Al and Ann lent new host Meredith Vieira their support. Matt , however, went one step further and offered underwire protection.
- Stereogum gives the thumbs up to this awesome song from buzz-band Lansing-Dreiden. But if you don’t agree with him, just head to our store and get your very own “F*ck Stereogum” T-Shirt! (Don’t worry – he approved it!)
- One Died Simply has three of the new Zero 7 tracks. And be sure to check out their awesome new music video here.
- Usounds, and lots of the other cool kids, are saying some very nice things about the hot Latin sounds of Juana Molina – what do you think?
- Roll on over to Undomondo and get yo’self a little of that new Ghostface Killah goodness. Shaolin!
- MOKB is going crazy for the first full-length album from Silverspun Pickups, and he ain’t lyin’. They’re what awesome would sound like if awesome were a band.
- Nicole Richie and on-again off-again fiancee DJ AM are finally off (again).
- Nicky Hilton has another grueling day at work. But just seeing the smile on those manicurists faces makes it all worth it.
- Lindsay Lohan begs Wilmer V for help getting into Danny Masterson’s club. Possibly the lowest point in anyone’s career.
- Riahnna is reportedly trying to steal Beyonce’s man. Also her career.
- Chris Daughtry’s fans are boycotting American Idol. Still not enough fans to make a difference.
- Jessica Simpson is furious that sister Ashlee is trying to cop her style. But the person who’s nose she stole is even more pissed.
Maxim Magazine, the widely respected paragon of hard-hitting high-brow journalism, has once again released their annual list of what they deign to be the Hottest Hundred babes on the planet, with Eva Longoria once again on top of said list. These lists are kind of silly, as they completely reduce the entire concept of beauty to a series of air-brushed bimbos in bikinis. Booooring.
Since you’re classier than that sort of superficiality, why don’t you go give some love to CollegeHumor’s list of the 25 Un-Sexiest Women. Because everybody knows – beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Taylor Hicks may just be the only American Idol finalist old enough to remember the game Pac-Man. So naturally, he’s been re-made into the classic Atari pellet-chomper in a game appropriately called Taylor Hicks Pac-man. Big Props to Vandar02 for dropping this game which features Hicks gobbling up votes avoiding the deadly grasp of his other idols. And just like the real thing, in this version of the game, there is no Mrs.
… and other things I learned from watching this video of Paris Hilton and Brandon Davis mocking America’s Sweetheart Lindsay Lohan.
Another thing I learned: Davis would rather f**k Lindsay’s dad than Lindsay. I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or not.
The gloves are off, bitches.
Tabloids are speculating that Katie Holmes is suffering from a bout of Post-Partum depression. According to reports the actress is “exhausted and “constantly in tears” since giving birth to daughter Suri.” Most doctors prescribe anti-depressants to combat what they call a hormonal reaction to intense bodily trauma. But we’re with Tom. It sounds like she’s just being glib.
I happen to think The Office is one of the best shows on television, but all anyone ever talks about is “Jim and Pam” this and “Jim and Pam” that. I am of the opinion that the “Jim and Pam” will-they-or-won’t-they storyline is boring, re-hashed “Ross and Rachel” pap. The only real love story on The Office is the one about the secret, forbidden love of Dwight Schrute and Angela from Accounting. And that’s why this parody trailer is the funniest thing I’ve seen all day.
Two big movies are premiering this week: Over the Hedge and The Da Vinci Code. Both have big star power(Tom Hanks, Steve Carell) and affiliations with powerful rulers(The Pope, WalMart). The only difference is that one challenges the fundamental tenets of Christianity and the other deals with a raccoon on a lawn. Nevertheless, both films are getting equally tepid reviews. Can you guess which review belongs with which movie?
So everybody’s talking about Katharine McPhee’s amazing performance of “Somewhere Over The Rainbow” last night. Was it enough to keep her on the show another week? Watch this slideshow with the audio (no video = YouTube not taking it down) and let me know what you think.
I’m pulling for Katharine all the way. I love this chick– and NOT just because she looks like Victoria Beckham in a fat suit.