- PREDICTION: Simon Cowell thinks Taylor Hicks will be your next American Idol. Yours. Mine will be Katharine McPhee. (CNN)
- COOL GIFTS FOR MUSIC GEEKS: 3-D Album Covers (Hits From The Blog)
- GUBERNATORIAL NOMINEE: Mimi Miyagi (right), former porn star running for governor of Nevada (Wonkette)
- “HOLY S**T, I NEED TO WATCH THAT AGAIN” VIDEO: Mentos + Coke, with a twist (Gorillamask)
- CELEBRITY LOOKALIKES: Check out these hilarious Cartoon/Celebrity couples (Egotastic)
Well, first of all the Internet was set aflame by today’s earlier report that Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan might have – gasp! – said nasty things to each other at some Hollywood nightclub. Nicole Richie is still talking smack about her ex-friend. Mandy Moore calls Wilmer a lying creep. Now we have this story suggesting that Mariah Carey and Christina Aguilera aren’t super BFF? What is the world coming to when uber-famous, over-blown diva starlets can’t play nice with each other? Didn’t these girls learn anything from Tupac and Biggie? How far does this East Coast/West Coast style beefing have to go before somebody’s jewel-encrusted Blackberry REALLY gets hurt?
Your catfights are probably having the Best Week Ever. Now please, ladies – stop the violence!
And today in Pete Doherty news: the Babyshambles rocker squirted a syringe full of blood all over an MTV camera crew after injecting himself chock full o’ heroin. Even though we Viacom minions are a sturdy bunch, the stint forced the camera crew to sterilize thousands of pounds of equipment. Even Doherty’s bandmates took offense to Pete’s antics, apologizing to MTV for his behavior. Props to jim for dropping off today’s requisite Doherty story, but we think we liked Pete better yesterday, when he was a woman.
If you live in the UK, not only do you get free healthcare, you also get to watch the footage of Pete’s blood squirt here on MTV UK.
Got something you want to share with us? Drop it here. Or Prop up stories you want to see on our homepage, here.
The folks over at Office Pirates made a very interesting observation – the latest “digital short” from SNL sure seemed familiar. In the sketch, Andy Samberg plays a suicidal man being talked out of jumping off a building by a man below, who is later hilariously revealed to be only a few feet away. Only problem is, NYC pranksters Improv Everywhere did the same thing back in December. Great minds thinking alike, or lazy plagairism? Here’s the original Improv Everywhere video. Here is SNL’s from last weekend. You be the judge!
- Britney’s record company responds to baby driving debacle saying she did not break the law. She did however almost lose her baby to high winds.
- Julia Roberts was not nominated for a Tony. And while we’re at it, can we get that Oscar back?
- Frankie Muniz gets it on on the beach. Good for you, lil guy!
- Dave Navarro has bravely come clean about his sexuality: he’s not gay.
- Robbie Williams wants to start his own alien cult. Tired of Scientology’s old-fashioned notions of martians.
- American Idol contestants may head to the esteemed stages Broadway. Along with a stuffed lion and former members of Nsync.
Tony’s not always the most gracious host. In fact sometimes he pays more attention to a post-it note than he does to his guests.
We mentioned this last week, but in case you missed it, it’s time for a reminder. Now you can get last week’s FULL EPISODE of Best Week Ever on iTunes. You’ll never have to miss it again. Just head on over to the Music Store, click on Podcasts, then check out Today’s Top Podcasts for Best Week Ever. And Bam. There you have it.
Or you can just click here. Whatever’s easier for you. Enjoy!
Every day we’re getting closer and closer to K-Fed’s album, Playing With Fire, but we still have no clue what it’s going to look like. If Nathan G is correct, it’s going to involve Kevin emerging from the famous Britney Statue with a handful of Benjamins. Sounds about right to me. But what do YOU think the album cover is going to look like? Email your submissions to email@example.com. Our favorite ones will get a prize. Good luck, and PapaZao!
We’re sure Ellen Pompeo puts her heart into portraying Meredith Grey on Grey’s Anatomy. And after years of struggling as an actress, we know she wants to keep her job. So we’ll just chalk up this recent interview Pompeo did with Buffalo News, to ‘having a bad day.’
The interview starts with Pompeo explaining her role on the show: “I just show up and say my lines. There’s no collaboration on the characters and the writing.”
She goes on to enthuse: “This is a 9-to-5 job. I have to show up and say what they write. ”
Pompeo continues to show passion for her job after the jump.
If you haven’t seen it, check out “Go Away” by Dustball at Cookie Dough Records. Really funny stuff. Of course, I disagree with the message; the last thing I want to happen is for Paris and Lindsay and K-Fed and Ashlee to go away. Who would we have to make fun of? I don’t even want to think about it.