This week Forbes predicted the futuristic fashion we’ll be wearing in 10 years. Meanwhile yesterday at LA Fashion Week celebrities were already sporting garb that looked like it’s from another millennium. While Forbes’s futuristic fashion is multi-purpose, celebrity high-fashion fashion serves no purpose at all . After the jump, guess which items are futuristic and which ones were donned by your favorite celebrities at LA Fashion Week circa 2006.
Judging by the looks of this video, Joe Rogan is already hard at work training for his next battle with the Apollo Creed of MySpace known only to us as Kevin. He’s got the touch, indeed:
Also, it seems that Joe already has new challengers lining up for witless battle…
Or is he planning on getting in the ring with some strippers?
For today’s Friday Five, we’re joined by NYC writer/blogger Lindsay Robertson, who will be listing – totally honestly – the first five songs that come up after shuffling her iPod. Check out the Jane Magazine blog where Lindsay will guest blogging all this month!
1. "Abdulmajid", David Bowie
2. "The Holiday Song", Pixies
3. "I Know It’s Gonna Happen", Morrissey
4. "Soft Revolution", Stars
5. "Wake and Bake", from Doug Benson’s MarijuanaLogues (why am I not surprised?)
I’ll post mine after jump – you should too!
While being embedded in Iraq is a dangerous task for American journalists, nothing is riskier than anchoring a news show from CNN’s studios. Two days ago, a minor electrical fire erupted during a live broadcast, forcing the anchors to panic and flee their desks mid-report. Thank god they made it back to their desks alive. But rest assured, the memory will scar them forever.
NBC totally loves this online business. First there was the whole YouTube/"Lazy Sunday" business, then they announced that they were going to produce new episodes of The Office that will be online only, and now they’re allowing fans of Scrubs to name Turk and Carla’s baby on NBC.com. (By the way, they are my absolute favorite couple on TV. They’re the anti-McDreamy/Addison.)
I love all this interactivity! In fact, even though your answers won’t count in the official contest, why not give us your suggestions in the comments section? I’m going with DJ.
- Natalie Portman says she’s not a whore like many of Hollywood’s starlets, and would "never take a role just for a big fee." Where the Heart Is? In the right place.
- The trailer for Flight 93 – a movie about one of the planes hijacked in 9/11 – has hit the internet. In case you forgot.
- Is Kanye the new Diddy? And does this mean he’ll start changing his name every twenty minutes? And does the world really need another Diddy?
- Lindsay Lohan, Nicole Richie and Paris Hilton starring in a hot new short film called Advertising Gimmick Gone Wrong!
- Ever wanted to give someone a Happy Birthday fatality?
I’ve been playing this "Don’t Shoot the Puppy" game all morning, and I just can’t seem to win. Is there something wrong with me?
Looking at the pictures of "ATAS Presents ‘An Evening With Liza Minnelli’" I was struck by how easily an episode of Hollywood Squares could have broken out, with Rip Taylor as the center square of course. Pictures after the jump…
Colin Farrell and Kate Moss bond over rehab. It’s a match made in Hollywood.
- The animated band Gorillaz will probably break up by Christmas. Fans believe it’s because the lead singer has gotten a big head. Literally. His head is bigger than everybody elses.
- Tom Cruise has been voted the person people would least like to go camping overnight with, ahead of Saddam Hussein. I don’t get it– I bet Tom’s scary Scientology campfire stories are better than anything Saddam could come up with.
- Buena Vista games is developing a computer game based on Desperate Housewives. No word yet on whether they’re including a secret code where you can make the women prove just how desperate they really are.
- Drew Lachey is set to co-host the next Miss America Pageant. Nick Lachey is set to pick out his next girlfriend from it.
Warning: If you’re a gossip blog, you’re going to be crushed by this breaking news. The subject of adoration and pink hearts aka Jakey Poo, may be getting back to together with his ex, Kirsten Dunst. Why? For the sake of the two dogs they share. "Jake Gyllenhaal and Kirsten Dunst jointly own two dogs, Boo Radley and Atticus, and, therefore, can’t help seeing each other on a regular basis," according to a source.
So officialy, it was their custody visits with the dogs that brought them closer again. But we think it had something to do with our Jakey G Photoshop contest. Maybe Kirsten got jealous after seeing Jake in so many compromising positions.