If you still haven’t heard about the genius of Jon Brion, your homework is to go to Everybody Cares, Everybody Understands and begin familiarizing yourself. This doesn’t even scratch the surface, so get out there and find more!
- The Rawking Refuses to Stop refuses to stop rocking as they’ve just posted a couple new songs from Norway’s chamber pop master, Sondre Lerche.
- Gorilla vs. Bear has a couple foot-stomping, whiskey-swilling tracks from Wolfmother, the latest pack of rockers to include our fanged friends in their band name.
- You Ain’t No Picasso posted a bunch of songs from Page France, one of my absolute favorite bands right now, and someone you should be listening to if you’re not already. For serious.
- The Muzzle of March Mix is the bees knees.
- Take a peek at Six Eyes, who has posted a spanking new tune from The Stills‘ forthcoming new album.
Most guys who grew up in the early 80′s have two fantasies: 1) to be a rock star 2) to bone Princess Leia. Lucky for James Blunt, the British balladeer, he may have checked both off his list. According to an article in the Independent, the "Beautiful" singer, lived with Fisher for five months and even recorded his album in her bathroom. Find out more about the ‘roomies’ after the jump….
When I first read Jack White‘s comments about VH1 and the dangers of "a failed stand up comedian hav[ing] the final word on the Rubikâ€™s Cube," I was puzzled why he was so passionate about the Cube. After doing some research, I now know why.
See what I found after the jump.
wants to eat brainshas attacked ANOTHER paparazzi photographer. And somewhere, Sean Penn has fallen in love.
- Dave Chappelle says he may never return to his show if Comedy Central goes ahead with plans to air unfinished footage from season 3. Dave feels that the content, in its current state, simply doesn’t have enough catchphrases for white frat kids to quote incessantly for the next 3 years.
- Pearl Jam have announced the release of their 8th studio album on May 2nd. The album will be called Ten…years later, and we’re still here. Sort of.
- ESPN2 will air a new reality show following Barry Bonds on his pursuit of Hank Aaron’s record for career home runs. The show will be called, Pumping Up With Bonds & Franz.
- Angelina Jolie reportedly became upset when she was unpacking boxes and found one of Brad Pitt’s "little black books" of bimbo numbers. Really, Brad Pitt’s black book is "little"?
- Nick Lachey has been seen out with Alyssa Milano a number of times. He reportedly kept muttering, "Who’s the Boss now, Jessica?"
Is this really Clay Aiken? And is the American Idol superstar really involved in another gay scandal? And while we’re on the subject, whatever happened to Ruben Studdard? Sorry, I’m getting off topic here.
Hollywood Rag found these Webcam photos of Clay (or a Clay lookalike) along with some amazing quotes. Like:
I love to cuddle and kiss… I’m an extremely good kisser.
I’m very careful about what I do. I don’t trust the security of this camera.
I don’t think I qualify as gorgeous. [My chest] is boring and white.
I really want to find a guy, but it would have to be somebody I trust.
Well Clay, sorry, but you’re going to have to keep on trying. Better luck next time.
So far, 2006 has been a great year for people who use phone dating services. Since we believe everything we see on TV, we were thrilled to discover last month, that Evangeline Lilly wants to ‘hook up’ with us over the phone at Livelinks. If that weren’t enough, Sarah Michelle Gellar is now on the market and ready to text with us via Zip Code Chat. The actress was spotted on an advertisement for a text message dating service. No word on if she gave her consent, but we wouldn’t be surprised if husband Freddie Prinze Jr.’s kooky bachelor antics (on ABC) are tearing the couple apart.
Someone over at Ain’t It Cool News got his hands on a script from Rocky VI. He gives an overview of the whole story and concludes with this:
Actually, the script’s not as predictable as you think and I don’t want to give away too much more out of fairness to the filmmakers and Mr. Stallone, a man whom I admire and respect very much. His success story in Hollywood is legendary. I will tell you this- I am going to be there on opening day exclusively because of the last shot in the film, which I won’t give away. It’s so good that it gave me goose bumps….
I pity the fool who doesn’t go see it.
Shea Hess is back, and she’s ready to walk you through everything you need to know about Wednesday, March 1st 2006. Lost, Deal Or No Deal, American Idol, Project Runway– Shea’s on top of it.
- MARTYR: Scott Stapp. The poor baby thinks that his sex tape with Kid Rock was released because, "Obviously someone wants to hurt me and doesn’t want me to be successful in my solo career." Someone? I think it’s everyone. (AP)
- STRAIGHT FACE: Cage mom. "Mother of caged kids denies cruelty" (CNN)
- RUSSEL CROWE REVENGE: The hotel clerk at whom the actor Russel Crowe threw a phone. He has been fired from his job. (Contact Music)
- SOUP: Chicken noodle. (Marthastewart.com)
- CHRISTINA RICCI ROLE: Little Wednesday. (IMDB)
- POLYP: Dee Snider‘s. He’s going to get it removed, leaving the world without his voice for at least two months. (E!)
- FORGIVER: Macon Hawkins. He says that he forgives the Nigerian militants for kidnapping him because they were poor. (CNN)
- MARTIAL ARTS ROBOT: Hyperkinetic Humanoid (H2-X) (The Hyperkinetic Humanoid [H2-X] Robot Project)
Lindsay Lohan and her friends must love sunflowers. Just look at that lovely long-stemmed vase on their coffee table. Here’s a list of some other celebrities who allegedly love big, fragrant