Because there are so many good movies it’s hard to only choose 5, here are the top TEN films you spent your hard-earned money on this past weekend:
1. Once again, there is nothing America loves more than movies about cute animals in arctic temperatures (especially when they’re animated) – $70.5 million
2. Spike Lee does the right thing and makes a movie that doesn’t make you want to choke him – $15.7 million
3. ATL? BTW, FYI: BFD – $12.5 million
4. Failure to just go away already – $6.6 million
5. V for Vaguely ignored by arctic animal-loving moviegoers – $6.4 million
New York* needs your help. There have been some tough times lately with economic hardship, violence and job loss, but we if all come together we can make a difference for New York. Some people say New York is dirty, scary and dangerous, but really, New York is all heart. So please sign this petition to save** New York.
*New York is not affiliated with the city, but strictly refers to the jilted contestant on VH1′s Flava of Love
**by "save" we mean sign a petition to get New York, the girl, her own reality show.
++VH1 or BWE is in no way affiliated with the petition. New York created it herself and she wants you to be a part of it (New York, New York)
It’s not much, but it’s better than nothing. Check out The Simpsons The Movie teaser that runs before Ice Age 2. If that’s not enough for you, Ain’t It Cool News has a Ridiculously Minor Spoiler today. I feel like such a tease, but it’s the best I can do. Can’t wait for 2K7.
Nip Slips are so last year. Lindsay Lohan showed us the future last night… at Nickelodeon’s Kids Choice Awards, of all places. So pay attention kids– nipples are out, ass slips are in.
The ass slip movement has already swung into full gear, with elementary school teachers from coast to coast calling in to announce that several attention seeking pre-teens with a history of poor decision making and a killer coca-cola addiction have already begun to "accidentally" slip out of their Underoos. It’s true. Lindsay has made Ass Slips the new Pokemon.
Click below to see the money shot that started the revolution, or just head over to Egotastic to see a whole bunch of Lindsay Lohan money shots. Umm, that sounded dirty. Sorry about that.
TONI J HAD THE BEST NIGHT EVER WATCHING THE SOPRANOS, GREY’S ANATOMY AND DESPERATE HOUSE WIVES.
It’s been a big week.
Naomi Campbell attacked her assistant, a leprechaun took over the internet, Wilmer Valderamma spilled the beans, Kevin Smith called Reese Witherspoon a C-you-next-tuesday, we saw how cracked-out Whitney really is, and Fergie’s boyfriend went into hiding. And that’s just the beginning!
Tune in to VH1 tonight at 11 and all weekend long for a brand new episode of Best Week Ever. And for your viewing pleasure, straight from the editing room, we have this week’s Best Drinking Game Ever for you. Ready?
When you’re watching the show, drink* everytime you hear a reference made to a woman’s… um… hoo ha. You know. That Sharon Stone part. Got it? Okay, so there you have it. Enjoy the show.
*by drink we mean a non-alcoholic beverage, of course. i mean, we would never endorse binge drinking. no. of course not. unless you’re buying.
Look, I will always watch the Real World, whether it takes place on a tropical island or in a bunker in Libya. But I can’t help noticing, the cities they’re basing the shows in are getting less and less, well, cool.
Paris, San Francisco, New York, Hawaii. There was a time when people wanted to get on the show just to live in a really cool place. But somewhere around Boston or even Chicago, the locations lost their "wow" factor. And then came Philadelphia. I’m sure it’s a great place if you’re born and raised there, but in spite of its Liberty Bell, it’s not a mecca for youthful discovery. And as pretty as Key West must be, when Jimmy Buffett is a town’s biggest star, it doesn’t bode well for young urban hipsters.
But now for the breaking news: next season of the Real World will reportedly take place on the campus of Lake Superior State University in Michigan! Is this some kind of joke? I’m sure northern Michigan is beautiful, but I’m positive the moose population out-numbers humans 5 to 1. Nevertheless as long there’s booze, jocks and a hot tub, I will always be a humble servant of the Real World.
(in the meantime check out gratuitous pics of the Key West crew at a recent Miami fashion show after the jump)
According to Miami Herald blogger Leslie Abravnal, some one is making a documentary on the one and only Paris Hilton . The uber-heiress was spotted at Miami’s Opium nightclub on stage. She "commanded the microphone and did shout outs to all her friends in the crowd. As she did that, a camera crew captured every moment for her next dreadful project–a documentary on her life. "
That’s the only information we have so far. But if this documentary is anything like her sex tape, it will expose more about the state of the nation than Farenheit 911 and the Fog of War combined.
Tonight is the premiere episode of the second season of MTV2′s genius comedy program Wonder Showzen. If you’re not already watching this, you’re missing one of the funniest, most subversive and just…wrong shows ever created. Here’s an appetizer:
I think they are. Here are three examples why:
1) Keanu Reeves took a break from thinking just long enough to throw out this gem. Here’s what he learned while filming a rape scene with Hilary Swank: "that some of the ladies don’t mind it… Hah, that’s awful to say."
2) Danny Glover plans on appearing at an early-evening news conference tonight with Cynthia McKinney, the Georgia congresswoman who punched a police officer. What are the first two words that pop into your head when you think of Danny Glover? They’re Lethal Weapon, aren’t they? Probably not the best person to have by your side when you’re awaiting assault charges…
3) Basic Instinct 2. I’m no expert, but I’d say that when 71 of 77 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes.com, are negative, the movie could prooooobably be classified as a mistake. In fact, I think that seals the deal: mistakes are having the best week ever.