- While visiting London, Paris Hilton said she’d like to go to "Celebrity Love Island", a UK reality show she mistook for an actual place. When informed of her misunderstanding, Paris was reportedly crushed that her lifelong quest to rule over a utopian paradise populated by people less intelligent than herself will have to remain a distant fantasy.
- Beyonce Knowles revealed that she once danced naked in a room full of men when her dress accidentally fell off. This of course doesn’t include all the times she’s danced naked in rooms full of record executives, producers, talent agents, strip club patrons and other men who could help make her famous.
- Pamela Anderson says she’s officially boycotting the Kentucky Derby due to their affiliation with PETA-enemy Kentucky Fried Chicken. We think Pam is just jealous because KFC has the only breasts people love more than hers.
- Bruce Willis boldly criticizes Oprah’s handling of the James Frey controversy. Tune in to Oprah next week to see Bruce Willis get a very stern talking-to.
- Vince Vaughn has reportedly warned hubby Jennifer Anniston to stop talking about ex Brad Pitt so much. I know I always hate it when I start dating someone new and all they can ever talk about is how their last boyfriend was "Sexiest Man Alive" this and "Hollywood’s Hottest Hunk" that. SO annoying.
- Mariah Carey is blaming her dress for her imperfect appearance at the Grammy Awards. Meanwhile the dress shot back, "Oh yeah? Why don’t YOU try stuffing 140 pounds of cellulite-ridden celebrity diva into YOUR body!"
- Remember when Salt N Pepa’s Shoop made you think of, well, Salt n’ Pepa? Now all I can think about is Ellen DeGeneres and her uncomfortable dance in her 2003 HBO Special. Moistworks brings back the memories.
- New Orleans-born Idris Muhammed smokes The Power of Soul, a Jimi Hendrix tune revised for funk-jazz palate. (courtesy of diddywah)
- Stereogum is hosting some fun mash-ups that really work. Check out the Suzanne Vega/Dire Straights post-collaboration called Tom’s Investigators.
- LA band Modey Lemon is on the up and up with Bucket of Butterflies. Check out their site and their drunkenly artistic tour pictures.
- combo plates has a horn-y Morphine song called Cartoon Capers.
In today’s edition, Tony goes urban climbing and makes some very Danza-esque noises.
There are directions for making your own Yoda doll at Star Wars Kids. It’s really simple. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Green, Brown, Gray and Red Felt Squares
- Straight pins
- Needle and green and brown thread
- Googley eyes
- Black embroidery thread or yarn
- Pillow stuffing or tissues
- The Force
Do or do not. There is no try. -Yoda
(Thanks to Boing Boing.)
George Clooney, Joaquin Phoenix, Frances McDormand, and Jennifer Aniston are reportedly going to drive low-emission hybrids to the Oscars this year. This is the fourth year of "Red Carpet, Green Cars," which is sponsored by the non-profit environmental organization Global Green USA. The "Green" is not what you think. It’s people!
This morning on the Today Show, intrepid reporters Matt Lauer and Al Roker decided the best way to cover the Winter Olympics was to mount each other. Check out the footage of their luge love affair here and tune in to Best Week Ever on Friday at 11 for more on this and other hot n’ bothered moments from the past week.
[delete by youtube...f'in f those guys]
Hot Tip: This clip is even funnier when you close your eyes and listen to it.
Goldenfiddle posted these pictures of Lindsay Lohan dressed as various movie icons featured in an upcoming issue of Premiere Magazine. You may also remember Lohan on the cover of Entertainment Weekly last year imitating the likes of Brigitte Bardot.
Are these subliminal messages orchestrated by team Lohan to make us forget about her unmemorable films thus far? It is odd that she’s reached megawatt status with only Herbie Fully Loaded and a smattering of teen dramas to her name. Then again, she was brilliant in La Dolce Vita and I cried my eyes out when she said goodbye to Bogie and hopped a plane out of Casablanca.
Bruce Willis wants more kids. He’s thinking of following in his ex-wife’s footsteps and just marrying one.
- Character Actor Pedro Gonzalez Gonzalez has passed away. His friends and family will miss him miss him.
- Judge Judy is celebrating her tenth year on the air. At least somebody is celebrating it.
- Rapper Cam’Ron is going undercover on the internet to catch pedophiles. Little does Cam’Ron know, for most of us he’s ‘undercover’ all the time.
- First there was a gay cowboy movie, next up: Gay Muslims. Hmm. Judging by how well the they took to a recent cartoon, I can’t imagine any problems stemming from this. None whatsoever.
Hollywood Rag has the story that Paris Hilton was "flour bombed" after her catwalk appearance at London Fashion Week last night. The protestors were from PETA. "There is nothing remotely fashionable about the torture and death of animals killed for fur," PETA Europe’s Yvonne Taylor told the BBC. She could have added, "I’m so jealous of Paris. I wish I were on the catwalk."
If you haven’t heard of OK cupid, a dating site where you create tests to find your one true/one night love, you’re probably still single. Sucka. The co-creator of spark.com (now defunct site circa 2000) has developed this free service, that allows users to quiz their crushes on grammar, personality or just about anything else that’s crucial in finding your soul mate. We rec commend you take the Genghis Khan Genetic Fitness Test or the Zombie Scenario Survivor Test before you even think of calling us.