If an alien came to earth to study our culture, it could learn everything it needs to know by studying Kevin Federline. Here’s why:
- He’s multicultural: Nothing says "21st century" than a white guy who celebrates Brazilian culture by rapping like Snoop Dogg and meanwhile has children by both a blond pop starlet and an African American actress.
- He’s shunned traditional gender roles: These days, more and more people have broken away from conventional notions of what it is to be a man, and Federline is a prime example of this. Not only did he reportedly let Britney buy her own engagement ring, but she is also the primary wage earner. Additionally, he is a professional dancer who has long, braided hair.
Is Tony’s hair glued on? Find out! Then sign the petition to keep him on the air!
Everyone really seems to be freaking out over the fact that some person in Nebraska still hasn’t claimed their $365 million state lottery jackpot – the highest single winner in US history. Personally, I don’t really see what the big deal is – there are lots of possible explanations for why someone wouldn’t want such a large sum of money. Here are mine:
1. I’m too busy to deal with that kind of money — Look, it’s a holiday weekend and I’ve got a lot of things I’d like to do with my time off from work: visiting with family, BBQ-ing with friends, seeing a movie. Dealing with the headache of claiming 365 million dollars just isn’t one of them.
2. My friend Ted always needs money - If I had access to that kind of scratch, I know my friend Ted would ask me to borrow money, and I’m just really tired of lending money to Ted. Ted’s thirty – it’s time for him to grow up a little, for Pete’s sake.
Tom Cruise may sue Life and Style Magazine over their reportage of his split with preggers girlfriend Katie Holmes. But first he’s got to finish suing the biographer who’s researching his gay relationships and this dog on street who’s looking at him like he might be gay.
A genius has put together scenes from videogames using Legos. Meanwhile, I can’t get Building Bonanza to look right, and I have instructions.
(Thanks to BoingBoing.)
Do yourself a favor and join our YouTube group!
HEADLINE: "Guy seeks police help for something moronic" (Reuters)
SURPRISING DADDY ISSUE: Handsome, critically acclaimed and universally popular movie star George Clooney is still seeking his father’s approval? (Yahoo! News)
PERVERTED JUSTICE: Former rocker turned repeated pedophile Gary Glitter is going to be tried on rape charges in Vietnam. Here’s to hoping that Vietnamese prisons are as sleazy as he is. (BBC)
SALT IN THE WOUND: A teenage girl’s prosthetic leg has been stolen — for the second time. (Yahoo! News)
SPIELBERG MOVIE INSPIRATION: A man who publicly denied the existence of the holocaust was sentenced to three years in prison in Austria. (MyWay)
TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE: Apparently all excited about President’s Day, Bush says we’re on the verge of an "energy breakthrough" that would help wean the country off foriegn oil. (MyWay)
In the past minute:
- Paris Hilton has just earned $55
- The Olsen Twins earned $175
- Tom Cruise earned $260
- And you probably earned 32 cents
Check out the Forbes’ money meter to find out how your salary compares to that of celebrities. Cheer up: you may be short on cash, but you’re rich in unfilling jobs.
The Strokes "Heart In A Cage" (via The Modern Age)
Yeah Yeah Yeahs "Gold Lion" (via Product Shop)
Improve your street cred by watching these videos from everybody’s favorite New York hipsters The Strokes and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. I love that The Strokes are finally making real videos now (does anybody remember "Hard to Explain"?), and "Gold Lion" proves that Fire + Karen O is a can’t miss combination. Enjoy.