Baby needs a new pair of shoes! By the way, have you signed our Save Danza petition?
The lead singer of U2 has just been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize– which means he can finally wrap up all of his humanitarian work now that he’s got his point across. Bono, who’s worked tirelessly to prove to the world that he’s a great guy, deserves this medal more than competitors Rudolph Giuliani and Indonesian President Yudhoyono who have been preoccupied organizing peace deals in disaster-ravaged regions of the world.
Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich is the last person on earth who hasn’t heard of the Daily Show. He has now.
Tom Cruise reportedly allegedly possibly could be might be attached to a remake on the 1957 western 3:10 to Yuma. But it might just be a rumor.
Paul Stanley says the new Kiss perfume will be like their fans. You wouldn’t believe how easy it is to get its top off.
Tracy Morgan has copped a plea on a DUI charge. That’s hilarious!
Donald Trump and Martha Stewart still can’t get along. And it’s the kids who suffer.
The sound technicians who work at The View are some of the best in the business. But the other day, we caught a little mistake. Apparently, all the effects on the microhpones failed, and we heard what the women of The View actually sound like to the naked ear. We had to slow down the footage to catch the mistake. Enjoy.
While you’re there, why not join our YouTube group?
Well, if you’re looking for Buffalo Wings, I would highly suggest calling Buffalo Road. I would also highly suggest watching this commercial. (via)
NOTE: We’re always looking for great local commercials. If you see something hilarious, be sure to YouTube it and send it along to us!
You know that song "So Sick" by Ne-Yo? (It’s that song that goes, "Gotta change my answering machine/Now that im alone/Cuz right now it says that we/Cant come to the phone" or something like that.) Well, the first nine thousand times I heard it, I thought it was the worst song I’d heard in a very long time. But through the magic of brainwashing, I officially like it now. I held out for a long time, but I finally went over to the other side when I heard it on some guy’s cellphone in the subway. I surrender, Ne-Yo. You win.
Did anyone catch True Life: I’m a Competitive Eater last night? The documentary followed three players on the circuit: a novice from Kentucky, a stock trader by day with and a nationally ranked eater by afternoon, and the worlds greatest eater ever. The show served as a cursory introduction to the sport but it only grazed the surface.
Want to know more about a game you can truly excel at? Check out our collection of
baseball competitive eating cards and get to know the major players in the league.
- First-Class Airfare to Hawaii: $1000, Luxury Resort Accomodations (per night): $800, Not Being Photographed While You’re Overweight and Standing Next to Your Idiot Wannabe Rapper Husband: "Priceless".
- RELATED: If you were married to a gem like K-Fed, why would you not wear your wedding ring???
- Good news! It is still absolutely legal to pull up to an 11 year-old girl, ask if she has a boyfriend, and tell her you’re "fixing to do an R. Kelly".
- Morrissey was questioned by the FBI after he spoke out against George W. Bush and Tony Blair, calling them "terrorists". Authorities were apparently concerned that the Mozzer’s new album might be a Weapon of Mass Emotional Destruction.
- Howard Stern is planning to start his own film festival with TV’s In Demand Networks. Sources say that the festival will reflect Stern’s own sensibilities, meaning that it will be pretty much like watching porn on the Internet.
- BREAKING NEWS! HOT OFF THE PRESS! According to Reuters, "Gay Cowboy" movie Brokeback Mountain appears to making some sort of significant impact on pop culture in America. NO WAY!!!
- Brad Pitt has finally ended his 2006 European Tour of Romance, Love and Family Togetherness. He was spotted today alone – yes, ALONE! – here in New York City. Could the Brangelina Fairy Tale really be over?
A Robot Cometh has posted a bunch of random mp3s, including songs by Spoon, Bloc Party and The Faint. The Bloc Party song is unbelievable… I don’t think these guys could write a bad song if they tried.
- You Ain’t No Picasso has two brand new Ted Leo demos.
- Me gusta LEVY. So does Buffet Libre. "On The Dance Floor" is too good to pass up, so you must download it now.
- I feel like today’s my lucky day. Bows + Arrows posted my favorite Constantines song. Or "favourite" Constatines song, if you want to get all technical about it.
- Motel de Moka put a ton of songs up today… but you should scroll down to yesterday’s tracks and dowload the Feist track.
- Said The Gramophone has a great song by The Research. "Lonely Hearts Still Beat The Same." You know how I knew it was going to be good? Because it was posted on Said The Gramophone… Sean never fails to impress.
- And finally, the absolute BEST mp3 find of the week…Domino Rally has 4 tracks from The Muppets! Don’t worry, that’s not the name of an indie band trying to be cool. We’re talking actual Muppets. If listening to "Hugga Wugga" doesn’t make you happy, I’m pretty sure you don’t have a soul.
The recent Celebrity Sex Tape with Scott Stapp and Kid Rock reveals the fundamental flaw of the genre: The celebrities themselves are usually quite icky. That got me thinking about which stars could make a sex tape that people could watch without having to overcome their gag reflex. Here’s my top five:
Brad and Angelina: I don’t think I have to explain this one.
- Matthew Broderick and Sarah Jessica Parker: Of course, they’d have to be in the same city to make the tape, but I’ll be it would be smoking. But would she still wear her bra?
- Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe: Something tells me they wouldn’t use the missionary position.
- Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward: Sure they might be getting a little long in the tooth, but I’ll bet they could show us a thing or two.
- Danny DeVito and Rhea Perlman: Okay, maybe they aren’t going to make People’s 50 Most Beautiful People issue, but I say it’s always beautiful to watch people who truly love each other making love.