Vin Diesel wants to sing and dance in a remake of Guys & Dolls. Marlon Brando rolls over in his grave, whispers, "But Vin Diesel sucks."
- Demi & Ashton may be adopting a baby. The couple cites "age" as the reason, meaning that The Kutch just can’t get it up like he used to.
- George Clooney DID NOT write a blog for The Huffington Post. He wants to leave the blogging to the ugly.
- The author of the short story that Brokeback Mountain was based on thinks the movie was robbed at the Oscars, and does not appreciate Crash’s come from behind victory. Because coming from behind was Brokeback‘s thing.
- Courtney Love is headed back to the studio. This marks the first time I’ve ever finished a sentence that starts with "Courtney Love is headed back" with two words other than "to rehab."
- Movie theaters may ask federal authorities to jam cell phone reception in movie theaters. If this does go through, pricks from coast to coast are already prepared to protest.
- Jay Leno apologizes for not being funny. It’s about time.
It was the shot heard ’round the world. Now it can be the shot heard on your iPod… backed with a funky dance beat!
Download BWE’S Do The Malanga! Remix here:
After listening to the song over 30 times, I still have no clue what Uncle Junior is saying. It doesn’t matter though; it’s not going to stop me from singing along. Gotsa a Malanga!
Based on the last season of Lost, we knew J.J Abrams was a creative producer but we didn’t know how skilled he was as a director. With Tom Cruise as his leading man in upcoming Mission Impossible III, he was faced with the awesome challenge of making the actor’s on-screen romance look believable.
Based on these production stills from the new MI III, Cruise is way more comfortable being physical with a woman under the direction of J.J Abrams, than he is in real life. More pictures after the jump…
With J.J. Without J.J.
We’ve got The Real World: Key West on in the office, and yet another group of people are having the same problems that the original cast of the Real World had: too much drinking, how to deal with the gay roommate, how to deal with the a-hole dude, who will hook up with whom, etc. But even though I’ve seen it all before, it’s still the best reality show on TV (and he first cast was the best ever). That got me to thinking: What are the five best reality shows of all time?
Here’s my list:
1) The Real World 2) The Osbournes 3) Wife Swap 4)
Celebreality The Surreal Life 5) The Newlyweds
I’m not an expert on reality shows by any means, so if you are one, send me your top five in the comments section. I want to learn.
"Sex is for after marriage. [Men] have to respect that this is my choice. If there’s no respect, that means they don’t want me."
Those are the words of model-slash-reason I steal my neighbor’s Victoria’s Secret catalogs, Adriana Lima, according to Page 6.
Now, Lima has dated Yankee shortstop Derek Jeter, and (I use this term loosely) rocker Lenny Kravitz. I guess they didn’t respect her choice. Idiots.
Adriana, I just want to go on record and let you know that I do respect your choice. A lot. And I agree, sex is for after marriage. So that’s why you should date me. I’ll be perfectly content with third base. I promise.
Check out some crazy (NSFW) Lima pictures over at Egotastic. And while you do, please, show some respect.
Spike Lee has mixed feelings about Condoleeza Rice. On the one hand he hates her, on the other he despises her:
â€œAfrican-Americans will have to really, really, really, really, really, REALLY analyze the Secretary of Stateâ€™s record, and get past the pigmentation of her skin,â€ he said. â€œIf we do that, I donâ€™t think we can vote for her. Iâ€™m not the spokesperson for 45 million African Americans â€¦ but thatâ€™s my right as an American citizen.â€ He laughed. â€œHopefully, that right hasnâ€™t been rescinded yet. Iâ€™m not going to vote for that woman. No. Way.â€
[A confession: I'm just posting this because I think the picture of Rice sitting alone, staring out an airplane window is somehow really funny, though I can't say why.]
- Buffet Libre hosts a few awesomely angsty Mogwai songs. If you read Spanish the blog will have extra special meaning to you, because you’ll understand it.
- Birdmonster’s folky-rocky All The Holes In The Wall is one part Neil Young, Two Parts Jack White and a dash of not-quite-as-good-as-either. But definitely worth a listen (or two)at My Old Kentucky Blog.
- The Hype Machine generously provides us with freshly spilled Built to Spill. Temporarily Blind reminds us of the good old days when Modest Mouse was poor and under-produced.
- Remember when we were young and pure and believed that Billie Jean might actually be Michael Jackson’s lover? Take a trip through you tube to a better time.
- Get down with Donald Byrd’s The Little Rasti at Earfuzz. The ditty from the Ethiopian Nights, an album that explores the African roots of Jazz, "is about as sublime as it gets" according to the blogger. We like it too.
Sunday night’s premiere of The Sopranos had everybody talking the next day. Is Tony okay? What does this all mean? And perhaps most importantly, what the f*ck did Junior say when he shot him?
We don’t really know, but whatever he said, we’re obsessed with it. Check out our new mash-up!
Do the words "Spanish Inquisition" send you into giggles? Is your favorite tree the larch? Did you vote for the Very Silly candidate in the last election? Then the Silly Walk Generator is for you.