Here’s a quick look at what’s going on this morning:
Netflix fairness algorithm is unfair! (Boston.com)
- Reports say that when CBSâ€™ Rock Star comes back, Van Halen will be the ones looking for a singer. (Reality Blurred)
- Baywatch is finally coming to DVD, including a best-of set picked by Pamela Anderson. (Yahoo!)
- Guns N’ Roses will release Chinese Democracy next month. I never get tired of that joke. (Launch)
- Courtney Love wants to publish her journals, her father doesn’t want her to. Here’s a quote from the loving dad: "Courtney is a brilliant artist with a photographic memory and a mass of talent, but she can also be a mean bitch, although I put a lot of that down to her mother." (Entertainment News)
- Former Creed frontman Scott Stapp married former Miss New York Jaclyn Nesheiwat Friday then Sunday reports say he wasn’t let on a plane because he was "antagonistic, boisterous and pissed off." Where’s your God now, Scott? (Glitterati)
- And oh yeah, the Vice President of the United States shot a man this weekend. (CNN)
We’re snowed in!!! While the full podcast team digs out of the snowdrifts they drunkenly fell into last night, please enjoy the highlights of Friday night’s tv watching, as posted by our guest podcaster.
We’ll have all the rest of the weekend highlights — Grey’s Anatomy, Desperate Housewives and Chapelle on "Actor’s Studio" first thing Monday!
American Beauty starlet Mena Suvari has a brand new beau. According to People.com, "For "almost six months" she has been dating Mike "Murda" Carrasco, a 23-year-old professional breakdancer" from Las Vegas. The pair reportedly met at Battle of the Year–the World Cup of Breakdancing.
It’s great to see Hollywood stars dating non-celebrities. On the other hand, if it were 1985, Carrasco would be one hell of a catch.
You spent the day working, we spent the day rounding up the day in pop culture:
- You’ll never guess who Joaquin
Phoenix called after his car accident. Hint: She gave him tea and sympathy.
- Three-foot-tall woman gives birth; doctor accidentally slaps her! (AP)
- If you’re expecting Dave Chappelle to come clean to James Lipton, think again. (Yahoo!)
- ABC’s World News Tonight co-anchor Elizabeth Vargas is pregnant with co-co anchor. (AP TV)
- Rapper Penelope Jones will go on Fox TV’s America Most Wanted to talk about the unsolved slaying of her brother, Tony. Why didn’t Busta do that? (Big News Network)
- Gwyneth Paltrow loves living in UK and feels Brits are more intelligent than Americans. She should know. (CelebVilla)
Now, maybe if this was an actual event I’d tune in tonight. Instead, I’ll be watching the 2 hour Arrested Development finale. You should too.
Today on Tyra: Tyra searches for Americaâ€™s next â€œTranssexual Top Model!â€ The outrageous Janice Dickinson, former club kid James St. James and drag icon and recording artist Kevin Aviance judge guests in a â€œTop Modelâ€ style competition to decide who will walk away with a Tyra-directed high-fashion photo shoot, a spread in Instinct magazine, and a modeling contract!
If that’s not worthy of a live blog I don’t know what is. I’ll be posting all throughout the show (5-6pm) on behalf of those TV-challenged office-workers who don’t want to miss this monumental event. Check it out after the jump.
Usually I don’t like sending people "online greeting cards" – but sometime’s they’re just so cute, so perfect that it would just be foolish not to. If you’re looking for guaranteed V-day love, send your sweetheart this charming declaration of love!
(Found via BWE Panelist and All-Around Gentleman Paul Scheer)
E! is reporting that People is reporting that Neve Campbell is engaged the British actor John Light. Meanwhile Jennifer Love Hewitt has a really weird tan.
After last night’s episode of Survivor, I have developed my first ever Reality crush. Shane Powers, is a 30-something father, with cool tattoos, a job as a Marketing Executive and an uncanny resemblance to Tommy Lee. He’s also got a bit of a temper. Last night Powers, who quit his 3 pack a day habit when he arrived in Panama, spent the entire episode jonesing for a cigarette and cursing the day he ever agreed to do the show. In fact he asked his teammates to vote him off.
I was smitten by his candor and his seeming apathy towards screen time. So I decided to do a quickie Google search to find out more about his job as a makerter. You may already know this, but it seems that he’s been working overtime. Check out Powers’ resume after the jump:
According to this, if you want Paris Hilton to attend your event, you better get a jacuzzi:
Paris Hilton reportedly threatened to pull out of the Brits unless she had a Jacuzzi in her dressing room. The sexy socialite, who is supposed to be reporting from the red carpet at the awards bash later this month, was allegedly ready to boycott the show if she didn’t get the special bath.