It’s Monday, April 24th and there’s a lot on TV tonight. So what are you watching? Vote now!
- I can’t wait for the new Pearl Jam album. A letter never sent has all the tracks you need from their previous releases to put together a nice mix to get you in the mood.
- Kwaya Na Kisser has a live recording of Radiohead’s Thom Yorke guesting with R.E.M. on “E-Bow The Letter.”
- I normally wouldn’t link to Bono solo tracks (sorry U2 fans). But when you have him covering “Give Me Back My Job” with Tom Petty, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson and Carl Perkins you just can’t avoid it. Head over to Cable and Tweed now to give it a listen.
- Mocking Music has a bunch of live tracks from Neutral Milk Hotel, R.E.M., Wolf Parade, Sigur Ros, and supergroup The Bens. Well, they’re super to me.
- Let’s stick with the live music thing: Ear Farm has a whole Red Hot Chili Peppers concert live from London, while Phish & Chips has a solo Ben Harper show live from Boston.
- And finally, m3 online has four versions of Feist’s “Mushaboom.” Why do you need four versions? Because it’s that damn good, that’s why.
Go ahead, take a break from your work and enjoy one quickie game of tetris. Techie geeks created this giant game of Tetris on the side of a building in Rhode Island using â€œeleven custom-built circuit boards, a twelve-story data network, a personal computer running Linux, a radio-frequency video game controller, and over 10,000 Christmas lightsâ€. But they still got screwed by the elusive l piece.
(via A Welsch View)
Tony can’t find the words to express how he feels about Star Jones’ hooters.
After spiltting with husband Richie Sambora, Heather Locklear has found a man who makes her laugh, comedian David Spade. But now it seems that Richie Sambora has moved on as well. People.com reports that the Bon Jovi bandmate is seeing a lot of Denise Richards. She makes Sambora laugh too, but in different ways.
With all these airplane-set movies coming out this year, it’s hard to keep them straight. But I know which one I’m most excited about: Snakes On United 93!
Nicole Kidman has clarified her passive aggressive statement last week in response to the birth of Suri Cruise. The actress was quoted saying “I hope mother and baby are doing well,” but neglected to publically congratulate ex-husband Tom.
But now she’s laughing off reports that she said any of it. She was clearly misquoted. So now she’ll probably make a proper congratulations to both Tom and Katie…. Any minute now…Nicole?
Hollywood loves making crappy movies almost as much as we love watching them. Here are this week’s class favorites:
1. This movie is almost as entertaining as sitting on your buddy’s futon, eating Cheetoh’s and just watching him play video games for hours on end – $20.2 million
2. Hilarious skewering of “topical” pop culture events like Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah’s couch last year, daring and original Brokeback Mountain jokes, and 1997′s Million Dollar Baby – $17 million
4. I’m melting! I’m meeelting! Nooooooooooooo! – $12.8 million
5. They had the talking animals part right, but they forgot about the arctic temperatures – $8.1 million
A lot of people have an embarrassing answer when people ask them the question “What was the first concert you ever attended?” For some people it’s a humiliating early 90′s pop act like Color Me Badd, for others it’s a forgotten post-grunge act like Bush or the Gin Blossoms, and for most it’s New Kids on The Block (or even worse, NKOTB.) But as bad as some of those acts are, imagine being the kid who answers, “Well… it was this guy who used to be married to Britney Spears… Kevin Federline.” Would there be anything worse? Sadly, it’s going to happen to somebody. BlogNyc has pictures from a K-Fed performance– people attended, people gave him the finger, people will now be forced to tell people that they went to a Kevin Federline show for the rest of their lives. Poor souls.
- Charlie Sheen has been ordered to stay away from wife Denise Richards. Unfortunately, still allowed to work closely with John Cryer.
- Leonardo DiCaprio suffered a minor leg injury while filming in Mozambique. Unfortunately, Africa’s nearest hosptial had run out of Smurf band-aids for the star.
- Despite his recent arrests, George Michael is feeling fine and set to resume touring. Anything to keep him off the streets.
- Paris Hilton lost her Bentley in a recent gambling game. That’s the equivelent of losing a $20 metrocard for the rest of us.
- Pay five bucks and read Jessica Simpson’s blog, or read ours for free. We won’t try to sell you jeans. Then again, neither will she.