Here are the top five films people paid their hard-earned money to see this week:
1. Hollywood’s Latest Attempt to Capitalize on the Popularity of "March of the Penguins" and Other Movies About Animals Overcoming Arctic Terrain – $19.85 million
2. Another Studio-Produced Wacky Spoof Movie Composed Entirely of the Cliched, Poorly Constructed Gags Found In Most Other Studio-Produced Movies Over the Past Couple of Years, Except This Time It’s Supposed To Be Funny Because, You Know, It’s a Wacky Spoof Movie – $18.9 million
3. Peter Sellers Continues Rolling In His Grave, Only This Week Steve Martin Is Down Two Notches at the Box Office – $16.5 million
4. George Is Still Curious. Moviegoers Clearly Are Not – $11.25 million
5. After Only One Week In Relase, This Unnecessary Sequel to an Unnecessary Sequel Is Rapidly Approaching It’s Final Destination: Forgotten Irrelevancy – $10.1 million
I know that wacky and unbelievable medical phenomenons are a trademark of Grey’s Anatomy. But last night’s episode which featured a teenage girl with uncontrollable orgasms was a hard pill to swallow. We’ve accepted bellies stuffed with bombs and pregnant men, but had the "Grey Matter" writers gone too far? Especially when they made us feel bad for her? But as it turns out, they weren’t lying:
It’s been documented that "A British 44-year-old woman was prone to repeated and uncontrollable orgasms every two weeks over three years. "They were neither pleasurable nor satisfying and often came on at the wheel of a car," the doctors wrote in the Lancet medical journal. "Sexual seizures are rare and, owing to their nature, may be presented to physicians late," wrote Dr Robert Will and Dr Paul Reading of Edinburgh’s Western General Hospital."
Nope, still don’t feel bad for her.
This may sound nerdy, but I spent a great deal of the early hours of Saturday morning playing weboggle (which is exactly what it sounds like: Boggle on the web). All you do is go here, put your name in the box, then start playing against a bunch of other people. There aren’t a lot of fancy graphics and you don’t get to kill anything, but once you start, I guarantee you’ll find yourself saying, "Just one more game and I’ll stop" about a hundred times.
I’m watching Grey’s Anatomy and my Tivo just caught up to real time, so instead of watching those commercials (shudder), I decided to write something about McSteamy’s beard. It’s horrible.
I just saw the end. No, George, nooooooo!
HEADLINE: Mascot Mayhem: Tree Suspended, Alcohol Cited (you have to read this one) (The Stanford Daily)
NATURAL DISASTER: Michael Jackson’s Katrina Song Said Ready (Breitbart)
THE ‘BITING THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU’ AWARD: NBC is forcing YouTube to remove Lazy Sunday from its site (TechDirt)
THE ‘YOUR 15 MINUTES ARE ALREADY UP’ WAKE-UP CALL: Kristin Cavallari’s Get This Party Started has been cancelled after 2 weeks (The Futon Critic)
MORE PROOF THAT WE LOVE YOU, JOHNNY WEIR: This video (YouTube)
You spent all day working, we spent all day sucking all the juicy bits out of the pop culture orange:
Have a great weekend!
And you thought Star Wars couldn’t get any gayer. I kind of hope that this will be the last Brokeback parody… but you know what… something tells me it won’t be.