Tony really, really loves Dr. G. Watch as the two shoot hoops, dance, kiss, bounce on beds, and so much more!
Coldplay, Danger Doom, Death From Above 1979, and Blur? Yes please. Nellie’s Life is on point.
- N.1 in Belgium is hosting 3 tracks by The Replacements today. Don’t fault them for inspiring bands like the Goo Goo Dolls– just go listen.
- This site (I’m not even going to try to write the title) has three Johnny Cash songs, including his amazing cover of "I Won’t Back Down." I don’t think any of these songs are in Walk The Line, though, so I apologize to casual fans.
- Clever Titles Are So Last Summer has two guilty pleasures for your enjoyment: Kelly Clarkson’s "Since U Been Gone" and Britney Spears’ "Toxic." Which one is more guilty? That’s your call.
- An Aquarium Drunkard got their hands on an entire lost album by The Black Crowes. Go give it a listen, and try not to think about Kate Hudson every time Chris Robinson whines about how he still hasn’t found true love.
- Have you ever heard "I’m Glad I Hitched My Apple Wagon To Your Star" by The Boy Least Likely To? Me neither, but I’m willing to give this track on Village Indian a try based on the title.
Last night, we had to say goodbye to one of our favorite characters on television. The beloved Chef. I’ll give you a moment to collect yourselves.
In case you missed it, The Rooftop Report has most of the show up right now. Go watch it, before Tom Cruise demands they take it down.
What’d you guys think of the episode? Was it an appropriate send off for the man, the myth, the legend… the Chef? I sure hope so.
If your trying out to be a contestant on Survivor, be prepared to answer questions about your physical agility, your problem solving aptitude and your background in world travel. But according to Survivor: Guatemala winner Danni Boatwright, to get cast on the show, it all comes down to three tough questions:
- Would you take your top off for peanut butter?
- Who is the most famous person you’ve slept with?
- If you’re conservative and Republican, do you hate Jews?
We’re not sure how Boatwright answered the first two questions, but we do know the Kansas native defended her conservative principles by saying some of her best friends are Jews. I have a hunch some of her best friends are also peanut butter.
- Grandmaster Federline hates the haters over at Us Weekly so much that he even spit some of his flow right into their faces. Don’t f*ck with Fresno.
- Jessica Alba says she’s "sick of being a sex kitten." Funny, cause I’m sick of her being such a pussy.
- Porn star Savanna Samson has the wine community standing at attention after creating a top-rated new wine. To fully enjoy the full-bodied flavors: first sniff, then spit, then swallow.
- According to Page Six (3rd item), Elton John changed the lyrics from "Daniel" to "Donald" during a recent concert, in a tribute to Donald Trump’s newborn son. Funny, I would think he’d have chosen "Levon", seeing as how much Trump "likes his money".
- America voted Kevin "Chicken Little" Couvais off American Idol last night. When the sky falls, you people are really going to be sorry.
- I think Chuck Sheen might need a tinfoil hat.
Now that everyone is love with Snakes on a Plane (even though it doesn’t come out until August), the movie seems like a no-brainer. But when it was first conceived, there were concerns about, wait for it, the title. According to Reuters, people at New Line thought the movie was "nothing but a simple programmer with a ‘stupid title.’" But once Samuel L. Jackson got attached, they got more enthusiastic about the movie and changed the name to Pacific Air Flight 121 for "casting purposes." One agent said at the time, "Who wants to be in a movie called Snakes on a Plane?" Jackson, apparently, who now says, "That’s the only reason I took the job: I read the title…You either want to see that, or you don’t." Well, I do, and I wouldn’t have if it weren’t for the title. Also, if it weren’t for the title, there wouldn’t have been this kick-ass logo!
Forget Grand Theft Auto, forget O.J. (if you haven’t already)–CNN.com has the hands down best car chase ever. Go to their site and click on "car chase threads the needle" to watch what happens when you combine a four wheel drive with some one who really, really doesn’t want to be caught. If anyone knows what this guy did that’s so bad it’s worth hoofing it, drop us a line in the comments section. And if anyone knows what kind of bionic super-truck he was driving, alert the car company. That footage alone is worth a CLIO or two.
Last week Eva Longoria claimed she gives her boyfriend NBA star Tony Parker lessons on how to have sex. "I’m the experienced one. I’m the teacher, especially about love." But now the Desperate Housewives actress claims "when the lights go out, he’s the sex teacher." So let me get this straight Eva, you’re saying when the lights are on you’re the sex teacher and with the lights off he’s the sex teacher? So you have different sex teacher shifts? So who subs for you on sick days, the gym teacher?
This is the kind of thing that makes me proud to be a member of the Vh1 family. This Sunday, March 26th, Vh1 Classics is going to be playing the AMAZING video for 80′s classic "99 Luftballoons" over and over again for an hour. And guess what? It’s for charity, benefitting Hurricane Katrina Survivors!
That’s right – "99 Luftballoons". For an hour. For a good cause. It’s like all the all the holidays rolled in to one big ball of wonderful. If you want a little preview, crank up those speakers, sit back and enjoy:
(YouTube link via Stereogum)
According to Female First, Lindsay Lohan is "desperate" to play Wonder Woman in an upcoming movie based on the comic book/TV show. She says, "I’m trying to find roles right now that are different to anything I’ve done to show my abilities, to show that I have some sort of stretch in me. Because most of the things that I’ve done so far are aimed at younger girls and are light-hearted." (And of course, Wonder Woman would be a gritty crime drama.) I think Lohan would do a fine job, but Lynda Carter will always be Wonder Woman to me.