Gorilla vs. Bear seems to be as smitten with Princess Superstar as I am.
- American Drunkard has a really nice group of live Josh Rouse tracks – be sure to grab "Feeling No Pain" and "Dressed Up Like Nebraska".
- You Ain’t No Picasso gives us his Nonsense Syllable Mix with all the la la’s, woo hoo’s and ooh ooh ooh’s you can handle.
- Download an entire album from Memphis’ best kept secret – enigmatic singer/songwriter Harlan T. Bobo (then make sure to buy it when you realize how great it is).
- MOKB makes a nice find with a few tracks from interesting newcomers Hot Chip. Sounds sort of like a funkier, less techno version of The Postal Service.
- Fluxblog has a track that proves it’s possible to remix Radiohead without the result of sounding retarded.
The website for Dave Chappelle’s Block Party has lots of good stuff: clips, trailers, photos, downloads (including IM buddy icons, music, wallpaper), and a poster contest. But a lot of them say "Coming Soon" when you scroll over them. How can we be sure he won’t bounce before he updates the website?
Don’t break my heart again, Dave.
This morning on The Howard Stern Show, Joan Rivers announced that when she looks at her crotch she sees Willie Nelson. I’ll give you a second to digest that (not literally.)
Cityrag provides us with a disturbing image of what that might be like for Joan.
Of course, Joan’s statement got me thinking… if Joan’s crotch looks like Willie Nelson, does WIlie Nelson’s crotch look like Joan Rivers? And if so, do other celebrities have a similar problem? Like, for example, does Star Jones’ look like… say… Don King? Or does Nicole Kidman’s look like Tom Cruise? Or does Madonna’s look like Don Knotts? (too soon?)
I’m putting way too much thought into this. I need to stop. Now it’s your turn: what do you think of this possible phenomenon?
Celebrities are just like us. Especially the ones arrested for arson, adultery and indecent exposure. Match your favorite stars with the crimes they committed with the Celebrity Mug Shot Match Game. You’ll be surprised at how much you have in common. We sure were.
Here are the top 5 films Americans spent their hard-earned dollars on this week:
1. Young black male comedians dressed as cranky old black women seem to pretty much guarantee a large opening weekend, no matter how many times it has been done before – $30.25 million (yes, you read that correctly)
2. Paul Walker sleds around Antartica and forms a touching bond with the dogs who pull him – $15.7 million
3. Steve Martin desperately clenching on to his own relevancy – $11.3 million
4. Not another stupid spoof movie – $9.2
5. No one seems to be very curious about seeing George – $7 million
Moe, Curly and Tony
By now everybody knows that Nick Lachey’s brother Drew won ABC’s Dancing With The Stars competition last night. The former 98 Degrees-er proved what I’ve been saying for years: Ex-Boy Band Members are much better dancers than professional wrestlers and aging retired football players. Finally, I have the proof I’ve been searching for.
The craziest moment of last night’s finale wasn’t Drew’s perfect freestyle, complete with a Dirty Dancing-esque leapfrog maneuver. Instead, it was his Brokeback Mountain joke… a joke that was deemed so "controversial" it was edited out of the West Coast feed. Want to see what all the fuss was about? Watch it here:
Scandalous! Check out some of Piper’s favorite Dancing With The Stars moments from this season after the jump.
- Anna Nicole Smith will appear at the Supreme Court on Tuesday. Sure, you laugh, but she’s more qualified than Harriet Miers.
- Jamie Foxx was picked as best male musical artist at the 37th Annual NAACP Image Awards. I’ll support anything that will get another special like Unpredictable.
- The Da Vinci Code author Dan Brown was accused of taking material from a 1982 book about the Holy Grail. Oprah ready to pounce.
- Jessica Simpson was honored at a special dinner with the governor of New Mexico. The governor said she was nice, but a little wonkish.
- Cryin’ fellow: SNL alum Tracy Morgan was given three years’ probation after pleading no contest to drunken driving.
- Want to know how Jennifer Aniston got bikini waxes before she became a star? Her bitter old roommate will be happy to tell you.
The company Shock Absorber sells sports bras, and their website demonstrates convincingly (and quite vividly) the need for their product. If you are a size DD, I really feel for you. The whole thing is educational for men and women, but NSFW.
(Thanks to AdRants.)
When The View was in Vegas last week, Joy’s schtick got a little bit touchy.