Tom Cruise may sue Life and Style Magazine over their reportage of his split with preggers girlfriend Katie Holmes. But first he’s got to finish suing the biographer who’s researching his gay relationships and this dog on street who’s looking at him like he might be gay.
A genius has put together scenes from videogames using Legos. Meanwhile, I can’t get Building Bonanza to look right, and I have instructions.
(Thanks to BoingBoing.)
Do yourself a favor and join our YouTube group!
HEADLINE: "Guy seeks police help for something moronic" (Reuters)
SURPRISING DADDY ISSUE: Handsome, critically acclaimed and universally popular movie star George Clooney is still seeking his father’s approval? (Yahoo! News)
PERVERTED JUSTICE: Former rocker turned repeated pedophile Gary Glitter is going to be tried on rape charges in Vietnam. Here’s to hoping that Vietnamese prisons are as sleazy as he is. (BBC)
SALT IN THE WOUND: A teenage girl’s prosthetic leg has been stolen — for the second time. (Yahoo! News)
SPIELBERG MOVIE INSPIRATION: A man who publicly denied the existence of the holocaust was sentenced to three years in prison in Austria. (MyWay)
TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE: Apparently all excited about President’s Day, Bush says we’re on the verge of an "energy breakthrough" that would help wean the country off foriegn oil. (MyWay)
In the past minute:
- Paris Hilton has just earned $55
- The Olsen Twins earned $175
- Tom Cruise earned $260
- And you probably earned 32 cents
Check out the Forbes’ money meter to find out how your salary compares to that of celebrities. Cheer up: you may be short on cash, but you’re rich in unfilling jobs.
The Strokes "Heart In A Cage" (via The Modern Age)
Yeah Yeah Yeahs "Gold Lion" (via Product Shop)
Improve your street cred by watching these videos from everybody’s favorite New York hipsters The Strokes and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. I love that The Strokes are finally making real videos now (does anybody remember "Hard to Explain"?), and "Gold Lion" proves that Fire + Karen O is a can’t miss combination. Enjoy.
Here’s Toni J with her roundup of the best TV from last weekend:
While you were enjoying your day off, we were enjoying our day on:
- John Legend is "playing the sex angle up a little bit." JFK would approve.
- Lindsay Lohan snubbed Kimberly Stewart at a recent party. Jimmy Carter mediated, and all is well.
- Keira Knightley hates her boobs, just like Mary Todd Lincoln.
- Simon Cowell is a total liar, but Gerald Ford pardoned him.
- Brokeback Mountain won four BAFTAs (British Academy Film Awards) last night. George W. Bush said now he totally has to see it.
- Madonna pats herself on the back for doing something Eleanor Roosevelt could do with one hand tied behind her back.
Originally designed to promote his first film, Zach Braff now uses his Garden State blog to break off engagements. Check out his utter denial of reported engagement to Mandy Moore and his utter adoration for a guy named Joshua Radin.