- Aquarium Drunkard has posted some old tracks from Beck’s1994 indie release "One Foot In the Grave". What’s interesting is Beck was doing "freak folk" over ten years before anyone ever heard of Devendra Banhart or Joanna Newsom. He’s the OG (or OFF, whatever).
- Speaking of Devendra Banhart, Muzzle of Bees has a nice group of tracks from his live appearance on KCRW’s always-amazing "Morning Becomes Eclectic".
- MOKB’s got tracks from a Bella Union sampler. Be sure to get Midlake’s amazing new song "Roscoe" – that track’s been ripping my iPod up!
- Check out these tracks (scroll down) from The Figurines, and awesome new band from Denmark that sounds a little like a harder-edged, more focused version of Modest Mouse.
- And finally, Brooklyn-based Kidsmoke has a broad-but-rocking track called "Sound It Out" available for download.
Thanks to the Gallery of the Absurd for this amazing card. Be sure to send it to somebody you love… namely, yourself.
And hey, if you don’t love yourself, they also have Tara Reid and Tom Cruise cards for you. It’s going to be the best Valentine’s Day ever.
Now that moviemakers have realized how much America loves the gays, Hollywood is gearing up to open the floodgates and unleash a furious downpour of same-sex-love on theaters near you:
- Hollywood hunk Brad Pitt is actively seeking out roles in which he can play a gay man.
- Comedians Adam Sandler and Kevin James (ew!) are gearing up to play firefighters pretending to be a gay married couple.
- Matt Damon and Ben Affleck are re-uniting (they don’t play gay men, but still).
- A recent study suggests that even G-rated movies are heavily favoring male characters.
- A pigeon mistook Katie Couric for a statue while she was shooting the Today show in Milan for the Olympics. It was caught by the pooparazzi. (I Don’t Like You That Way)
- Oprah Winfrey has signed a three-year, $55 million deal with XM Satellite Radio. Now’s the time to ask her for that $5 she owes you. (Yahoo!)
- A housekeeper pleaded guilty Wednesday to stealing valuables from her celebrity employers, including Robert De Niro. She was also responsible for his recent career decisions and will serve a life sentence for that. (AP)
- Authorities don’t intend to pursue charges against Britney Spears. So y’all let it go now, okay? (AP)
- Kanye West has been chosen to reinterpret the theme song for Mission Impossible III. This rapper will self-destruct in six months. (Billboard.com)
- American Idol drew a larger audience than the Grammy Awards. So it’s settled: between freaks and artists, America loves freaks! (Drudge Report)
This just in: Kanye West makes Brandon Flowers (the lead singer of The Killers) "ill." Them are fightin’ words. Check this out:
Asked if he was a fan of West, Flowers said, "He makes me ill. I wanted
to love him so much when he first came out. He has this sweet voice,
and there’s a cuteness to it. And then you see him in interviews and
he’s like a lion. It just ruined the whole package for me." (continue reading)
Well there you have it: Brandon Flowers doesn’t care about black people.
So what would happen if these two went at it Tupac/Biggie style? Well, I have it all covered in my Tale of the Tape, after the jump.
Page Six–the much-loathed/loved daily gossip column in the New York Post–debuted the first edition of their glossy magazine today. The 74 page issue features gossip, Oscar projections, gossip, a nightclub roundup, a Q&A with Victoria’s Secret models and more gossip.
Here’s what an extra long Page Six magazine really means: a great morning on the can!
Learn about it here. Careful though: once you start playing, it’s really hard to quit.
Last night was Grammy night, so let’s see what everyone’s talking about:
- Terry Hatcher caused a stir with her sheer dress that showed her man-panties (okay, boy briefs). What a transparent effort to get attention. (AP)
- U2 got won five Grammy awards for How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb, including album of the year. It’s about time they got a little attention. (AP)
- Kelly Clarkson thanked Jesus, God, the radio, her fans and her mother but not American Idol. Why should she? It’s not like they plucked her from obscurity and made her a star. (Yahoo!)
- The fire marshal showed up at G.O.O.D Music’s "Heavenly" themed Grammy after party. But that didn’t stop Kanye West: His gloves were made of asbestos. (AP)
- Sly Stone showed up with a blond Mohawk and white jacket to sing "I Want to Take You Higher," but he didn’t stick around for the whole song. He had to work on the sequels to Rocky and Rambo. (Yahoo!)
- Get the round up for the "Worst Dressed of the Day" at PopSugar. (PopSugar)
- The AP has the quotes of the night, including Tim McGraw‘s: "I called up Kanye and said, `Dude what are you wearing?’" (AP)
Matthew convinces Oprah to do a shot of tequilla.
Go to our YouTube
Group to see more from this interview. Matthew also convinces her
that he doesnâ€™t need deodorant and that he has the best ice. While youâ€™re
there, you can sign up to get notifications every time we post