This might be the most awesome game ever, of all time, for serious. Wrap your brain around THIS: a mash-up up classical games Duck Hunk and 1945, that requires you to shoot ducks AND enemy Nazi soldiers. Win the war while killing your dinner! Check it out!
(link via Gorillamask)
Drunk Kiefer Sutherland stories are my absolute favorite. From what I hear, just about everybody living in LA has one. Here’s the most recent (from Page 6)
"24" STAR Kiefer Sutherland shocked staffers at the Ye Rustic Inn in Los Feliz, Calif., the other morning when he bellied up to the bar around 9 a.m. demanding to start a tab, reports Steppin’ Out magazine. Editor Chaunce Hayden says the normally thick-waisted Sutherland looked "rail-thin" when he entered the tiny dive bar with a group of rowdy pals and ordered a round of drinks. According to witnesses, when presented with the bill, Sutherland claimed his wallet was "indisposed" – "It’s been stolen! I promise I’ll come back and pay." At that point, things got weird. "He started to go into a series of karate kicks in the middle of the floor while the bartender, waitress and several customers looked on," Hayden reports.
Don’t these people know who they’re dealing with??? That’s Jack Bauer! Don’t charge him! God knows what he’s capable of. And c’mon, we’ve all seen 24… the guys’ been through a lot.
Sure Jamie Foxx released a chart-topping album following his Oscar win for Ray and child star Macaulay Culkin is embarking on a much-hyped writing career. But the hardest career transition to make is from hawking phone dating services on late night TV to holding down a fulltime job.
We salute you Evangeline! (thanks outhouse rag!)
* Jennifer Love Hewitt mulls over offers from Playboy. Thinks showing her curves might show her edge.
* Demi and Ashton might be adopting a baby, grandmothers in Ethiopia terrified.
* Minnie Driver is starring with Eddie Izzard in a drama for FX. They play traveling married con artists with a â€œcomplicated relationship.â€ We can think of a few complications.
* Now theyâ€™re saying Brangelina will be a boy.
* Either way, Angelina says the child will be a bastard.
News from the last century: Madonna appeared at a Gaultier show in Paris.
* Steven Soderbergh: box-office poison?
Richard Hatch was convicted of failing to pay taxes on the $1 million winnings in 2000 and about $391,000 he earned from half a dozen other source, reports Yahoo News.He will remain in custody until his April 28 sentencing.
According to network execs, nudity and backstabbing alliances will not necessarily behoove the former champion in this edition of the game.
According to Amy, the Strangers with Candy movie will be released in June 2006. She provided no further details, but we’ll update this site as more become available.
All that finger crossing seems to have worked!
So who got the better of the WB / UPN merger? Best Week Ever bloggers Bob and Piper debate in the all new F*** You! / No, F*** YOU! Forum.
Click on the picture to read it NOW!
(A Best Week Ever Retrospective)
With Harrison Ford’s new film "Firewall" coming soon to a theater near you, we thought you might like to know that this film is actually much more significant than your run-of-the-mill "use some fancy computer word as the title for a by-the-numbers action movie" techno-thriller. No, "Firewall" is actually a single part of a much larger, much more awesome body of work (like Votron) that you may not already be aware of.
You see, in the late 1980′s, Harrison Ford was almost exclusively known for playing the brash, smart-mouthed, romantically inclined action hero (ie. Han Solo, Indiana Jones, Jack Trainer from ‘Working Girl’, etc.) – men who would save the world, then kiss the closest pretty lady on the mouth, really hard.
However, with 1988′s "Frantic", Ford began taking his very first steps down a new career path that would ultimately come to define his latter years as an actor: the action-thriller in which he must save his imperiled family. Over the next two decades, whenever someone wanted to make a movie about a middle-aged "regular guy" whose wife or family’s well-being was somehow put into high-concept, life-or-death danger (usually at the hands of "terrorists"), Harrison Ford became THE go-to guy. Consider the examples below:
- Frantic (1988) – While in Paris attending a conference, Dr. Richard Walker’s wife Sondra mysteriously disappears. When the French police prove to be of little help, he begins the search by himself and kicks a bunch of asses and saves his family.
- Presumed Innocent (1990) – After his former girlfriend (close enough) is killed and he becomes the prime suspect, D.A. Harrison Ford goes on a search to find the real killer and finds out he/she may be closer to him than he thinks, and kicks a bunch of asses and saves his family.
- Patriot Games (1992) – Jack Ryan and his family ruin the IRA’s plans to assasinate one of England’s highest rated political men, and soon end up being targeted by them. Jack Ryan tries to prevent this, leading to action and terror, and a bunch of kicked asses and a saved family.
- The Fugitive (1993) – Wrongly convicted of murdering his wife, Dr. Richard Kimble escapes from a prison bus and tries to find out why she was killed and who the murderer really was and kicks a bunch of asses and saves his family.
- The Devil’s Own (1997) – Harrison Ford and Brad Pitt star in this thriller about an IRA gunman who draws an American family into the corssfire of terrorism. Ford plays a local cop who finds out the truth about Pitt and kicks a bunch of asses and saves his family.
- Air Force One (1997) – Hijackers seize the plane carrying the President of the United States and his family, but he (an ex-soldier) works from hiding to defeat them, kicks all their asses and saves his family.
- Firewall (2006) – With his family held for ransom, the head security executive for a global bank is commanded to loot his own business for millions in order to ensure his wife and children’s safety. He does this by kicking a bunch of asses and saving his family.
- Indiana Jones and Loss of the Family (2007) – When someone messes with his family, Dr. Jones is forced to run through caves, snake pits, sunken cities and volcanoes to track down the people responsible, kick their asses, and save his family. (Okay, we’re just kidding on that one.)
And so, kids – the lesson for today is you DO NOT mess with Harrison Ford’s family, or you WILL get your asses kicked.
Hereâ€™s a list of some of the people who worked on The Dana Carvey Show: Steve Carell, Dave Chappelle, Stephen Colbert, Charlie Kaufman, Robert Smigel. Gorillamask says it all.