No Britney on Will and Grace? The National Ledger has the info:
Reacting to pressure from Christian groups, NBC canceled an episode of "Will & Grace" that featured Britney Spears as a conservative who hosts a cooking segment called "Cruci-fixin’s" on a Christian TV network. [â€¦]
The American Family Association said NBC canceled the segment after pressure from its affiliates and AFA. But the network said its own description of the segment was a mistake. In a memo to affiliates, NBC said "the information was mistakenly included in a press release describing an upcoming episode of ‘Will and Grace’ which, in fact, has yet to be written. The reference to ‘Cruci-fixins’ will not be in the show and the story line will not contain a Christian characterization at all."
But the AFA wasn’t born yesterday:
If watching overpaid babies bump into each other isn’t your thing, you should have spent your Super Bowl Sunday watching what was quite possibly the cutest thing in the history of cute – Animal Planet’s Puppy Bowl! If you missed the gridiron action, take a look at some of the adorable highlights. And don’t forget to vote for your Most Valuable Puppy!
In an interview with Matt Lauer on this morning’s Today Show, Paula Abdul revealed details on a new music gadget she’s hawking. Abdul described the device as "The World’s Smallest Clay Mini DVD MP3 Player That Has The Smallest Color Screen with Music Inside Of It." For Abdul, the product is a return to her musical roots and her days of flirting publicly with rapping cartoon cats.
Some paparazzo is trying to file charges after being attacked while shooting photos at Chris Penn’s funeral.
Showing up at Sean Penn’s brother’s funeral and trying to take paparazzi pics is pretty much like showing up at a Black Panther meeting in Klan Robes. Sorta had it coming, bro. Also, mental note – even though he may look all "indie and sensitive" you DO NOT f*ck with Mark Ruffalo.
When the Danza comes marching in.
- According to Yahoo News rocker Courtney Love told a judge that she has put her drug problems behind her and said she has a renewed outlook on life…thanks to happy pills.
- Jay Mohr and Nikki Cox are engaged, Cox’s publicist announced Friday. It is now Monday and there has still been no response from the media–however Cox may do an In Touch at home spread after the wedding.
- According to Page Six, P.Diddy doesn’t like his profile- he thinks it accentuates his overbite. We thin it accentuates the fact that he NEVER TAKES OFF HIS SUNGLASSES.
- Angie Harmon loves Bush and fur but surprisingly not Pam Anderson.
- Ashlee Simpson is dating her band mate Braxton Oleta. Oleta is dating his boss.
- R.Kelly is touring this spring under the moniker Mr. Showbiz in an attempt to appeal to a younger audience (who hopefully like to be peed on.)
The choice of a new generation
As Iâ€™m sure most of you saw last night, after months of brainstorming, focus groups, and board meetings, and the good people at Pepsi came up with: â€œBrown and Bubbly.â€ Apparently they didnâ€™t stop to think what else out there is brown and bubbly, so I went to Google to do the research they might have done before spending $8 trillion on the ad campaign. Hereâ€™s what else is brown and bubbly:
I’m really trying to decide which is funnier – that Mariah Carey has created her own language of "Mariahisms", that she would share said language on her official website, or that she truly actually uses the phrase "Be a Lamb" when asking people to help her out. What do you think?
(Link via CityRag)