Don’t forget to tune into tonight’s ALL NEW episode of Best Week Ever at 11pm. And all weekend long (because you know how VH1 loves to do that). Here’s a taste…
- Gay people, not to be discouraged by the feeble persuasions of the Academy, have formed an ad campaign of their own in order to thank the filmmakers of Brokeback Mountain. Thank God SOMEBODY is recognizing such an ignored, under-the-radar little film.
- The FBI arrested two bloggers for posting unreleased tracks from a Ryan Adams albums released last year. The bloggers were let go when Feds realized that by the time the tracks were uploaded to the website, Adams had already recorded 7 more albums.
- Doogie Howser was recently spotted on a NYC subway train. Coincidentally, Vinnie was recently spotted in a NYC unemployment line.
- Lindsay Lohan’s smoking habit makes her mommy cry. Her alleged coke habit, however, isn’t a problem.
- HBO Sunday is back with the return of The Sopranos and the premier of polygamy drama Big Love. So cook up some spaghetti, have a threesome and get ready for some great television!
Don’t know which movies you want to check out this weekend? Well, Doug Benson and Paul Scheer are here to make your decision a little easier– by checking out 2 minutes of some new releases. Watch it now!
When I was in college, auditioning for the Real World was just another way to put off finding a real job. But these days landing one of those shows IS a real job and the perks are endless. Landing an MTV reality show means a ticket to the Gauntlet and an automatic hosting gig on E! But thanks to Absolute Dawg, the real world/road rules blog, we’ve discovered that’s just the beginning.
This entire month, Katie Doyle and her Gauntlet 2 cast-mates Derek, Trishelle, Jamie and Landon are being put up in a fancy Acapulco hotel for MTV’s spring break. Here’s how Katie describes her average day at work this month:
"Landon and I are going to get massages later. There is nothing more relaxing than a massage right on the beach. We got invited on a yacht, and hung out with some cool people….We got more free clothes coming from American Eagle…We have awesome views and and a cool waterfall in our pool."
In my heart I know they’re just as envious of my life (she wrote from her cubicle that smells like onions).
As you may have heard, Mary-Kate and Ashley appear to enjoy a cig from time to time. Well, they’re young and probably aren’t that worried about the long-term effects of smoking. But we ran a program on the BWE computer to simulate what the twins will look like if they keep smoking. What we found was not pretty (see above).
Here’s something by the ol’ reliable National Ledger:
Nicole Kidman‘s honey Keith Urban is having a bit of fun at Nic’s-ex Tom Cruise according to one published report. The country hunk apparently mocks Cruise in private, poking fun at his acting and of course mimicking his couch jumping antics from last year’s Oprah and Jay Leno appearances…. Urban is no Tom Cruise fan and reportedly refuses to meet girlfriend Nicole Kidman’s ex-hubby.
I don’t know why he shouldn’t make fun of Cruise. Everyone else does.
This picture was taken at the Universal Studios Hollywood Apprentice casting call. What’s your caption?
Thanks to everybody who participated in the first BWE Photoshop Contest. We got so many great entries it was hard to pick just one winner. So, just like the Westminster Dog Show, we’re going to have a bunch of winners, with the grand prize going to the entry the judges deemed Best In Show.
So, without further adieu, I present you the winners of Put Paul Anywhere!
<—- Best Proof That Paul’s a Dog (click below for the rest!)
New York, New York: the city that never sleeps, a melting pot of art, culture and commerce, a place that can overcome monumental adversity. But there’s a new reason to love the city and that’s the local commercial for the Cleaning Hunk. Airing only in the tri-state area and only during daytime TV, Cleaning Hunk advertises a new contest offering women "a one year vacation from cleaning." Nobody is really sure why they’re advertising, what the catch is or whether male-stripper house cleaners even exist, but who cares. The ad is pure Chippendale’s gold.
- From WFMU, The Incomparable Rutland Junior High School Ensemble with "Do the Hustle" It’s sort of like Langley gone disco.
- From comboplate, Voice of East Harlem gives us "Cashing In." Just right for a Friday afternoon.
- From The Ten Thousand Things, Aaron LaCrate with "Blow." Amanda Blank (I think) rules this track.
- From Making Flippy Floppy, DEV2.O with "Freedom of Choice." Just had an uncontrollable urge.
- From Lupatarkastaja, Yakuza‘s â€œCancer of Industryâ€ the " most acceptable track of the record, so itâ€™s good way to dive in to this hybrid of King Crimson, Napalm Death, System of a Down and all that jazz." Amen.
- From my new favorite dead horse to flog, The Soul Club, Solomon Burke‘s version of "Maggie’s Farm." And that’s all for me this week!