Danza does a little ditty about Dubuque
Stereogum is gearing up for his big SXSW brouhaha with a couple new tracks from Ted Leo & the Pharmacists.
- A catchy track from Essex Green over at BWE favorite You Ain’t No Picasso.
- Not exactly a download, but if you can’t make it to South By Southwest Music Festival in Austin this year, check out the next best thing – the SXSW Player!
- Gorilla vs. Bear has a track from Destroyer’s amazing new album, Destroyer’s Rubies.
- The Rawking Refuses To Stop (one of the most awesome blog names ever) posted three pop gems from the relatively unheard-of, but really catchy band Track A Tiger.
We checked the yahoo buzz log to find out who was being searched for on the internet today. While the usual suspects like Keira Knightly and Scarlett Johannson made the list of buzz-worthy actresses, we were surprised to find Danielle Fischel as the #15 most searched actress on the internet. While there’s no particular reason why the nation
of perverts is clamoring for Topenga from the mid-90′s TGIF sitcom Boy Meets World, we’ve decided not to judge and to simply consildate your search, with the most updated D-Fish info after the jump…
We here at BWE love Paul Scheer. Look at that face, how could you not?
This is the first ever BWE Photoshop Contest. Below the jump we’ve included 3 Paul Scheer heads for you to play with. Now it’s YOUR turn to decide what to do with them.
Email your submissions to: BWEphotoshopContest@gmail.com
Whoever submits our favorite entry will get a prize. The deadline is March 7, 2006, so make sure you get them in before that.
Where do you want to put Paul? The options are endless…
See another example, and get the full Paul Scheer heads by clicking below.
- Smithsonian to collect hip-hop relics. I can’t wait to see the "Street Cred" and "Keeping It Real" exhibits.
- Oliver Stone says that Madonna played Evita like a hooker. And that was a compliment!
- Britney‘s appearance at Mardi Gras heals all the wounds from Katrina by taking people shopping.
- The Bush Administration sided with Anna Nicole Smith in her Supreme Court Case. That has Karl Rove written all over it.
- James Woods and Spike Lee are doing a pilot called Shark. Is it possible for a show to jump itself?
- Mariah Carey coming back to the big screen. My prayers are answered! I’ve been waiting for Glitter 2 for years.
What do you get when you add one part Wife Swap, two parts Soul Man and a dash of Ice Cube, all mixed together in a pot full of bad ideas? FX’s new reality show Black.White., which chronicles the wacky adventures of a white family in blackface and a black family painted white.
I challenge you to gaze upon the show’s official website, roll over the faces of the families, and try to figure out what is more absurd:
- The fact that the white dad in blackface looks more like Martin Sheen in Apocalypse Now than he does any black dude I’ve ever seen, and the black dad in whiteface looks like a sketch character from Chappelle’s Show?
- Ice Cube‘s most "poignant" comment on racial issues since N.W.A.?
- Or is it the startling arrogance of a heavy-handed reality show (on FX nonetheless) that presumes to legitimately illustrate the complexities of race relations in contemporary America?
Be sure to tune in next Wednesday. If you can just get past those icky feelings of offensive awkwardness, you might learn something about how white people and black are so different, they’re actually the same!
The Las Vegas police have decided that it’s time to crack down on underage stars going to 21-and-over clubs. Well, that is if you think Paris Hilton‘s boyfriend, Stavros Niarchos, is a star. The Venetian and Hard Rock Hotel allowed Niarchos into their clubs for New Year’s Eve parties and it was caught on tape, so the authorities aren’t happy. We don’t think Paris should have to go out alone, so we’ve made a fake ID for Stavros. Have a great time, kids!
I tuned in last night, and I’m not going to lie: Deal or No Deal makes you long for the days of "complex" game shows like Who Wants to Be A Millionaire?, Name That Tune, or That One with Those Creepy ‘Whammy’ Things. Basically, the only things you need to compete on Deal is a pointer finger and the ability to count. Beyond that, it’s all luck of the draw.
Don’t believe me? NBC has a Deal or No Deal game you can play right here. Of course, if you’re playing at home and you decide to make a Deal instead of going for the big (non-existent) prize you really have to question your intestinal fortitude. But still. You can start practicing now. Soon enough you’ll be ready to read number out loud and point at suitcases with the best of them. Deal.
Matthew McConaughay thinks Sarah Jessica Parker is "peculiar." The duo are currently starring in the comantic romedy Failure to Launch. According to MSNBC’s The Scoop, "Matthew gets along with pretty much everyone but he basically couldn’t bear Sarah."
While we think her love of designer clothes is adorable, her yelps are a riot and her hair is lustrous–it appears that she’s a Chicksdigger. A Chicksdigger is a woman who girls and guys just can’t agree on. Women think she’s gorgeous men think she’s gratingly annoying. Chicksdiggers usually have squeaky voices, fabulous clothes, a rotating array of hairstyles and a knack for over-enthusiasm. Found in film, TV and music, these unconventional women seem like the perfect companion for shopping, breaking up with a boyfriend, sharing clothing or enjoying a fruity cocktail. But when it comes to men they signal lots of talking through panic-attacks and waiting outside of dressing rooms. Other possible Chicksdigger candidiates after the jump…
Bob Castrone ponders the existential implications of Wife Swap, Deal or No Deal, 24, The Apprentice and The Bachelor