Since it’s Oscar week, I thought you might like to learn a few things about the nominees for each category that they might not be so proud of. Today the category is Best Supporting Actor:
- Turned down the role of Richard in The Blue Lagoon.
- Failed to catch or even see a tarpon when he went tarpon fishing in Costa Rica.
- Patrick Swayze was unimpressed with him while they filmed The Outsiders.
Antonio Banderas has a new move coming out called Take the Lead. Based on the trailer, Banderas takes a challenging job as a dance teacher at a tough ‘urban’ school. While Banderas tries to keep the kids off the street with ballroom dancing lessons, it just doesn’t fly for these hiphop-loving kids. But I have a hunch he’ll get through to them, and he may even learn a thing or two about hip hop in the process. But that description barely scrapes the surface of this movie. So we had out statisticians breakdown of the elements in the trailer, to provide us with a better sense of what it’s really about. (watch trailer here)
Statistics on the Trailer for Take The Lead:
- Teens holding basketballs/footballs: 2
- Students referring to Banderas as Mr. (first initial): 1
- Teens using colloquial language that real kids don’t use (ex: "getting your flirt on"): 3
The website for Dave Chappelle’s Block Party has lots of good stuff: clips, trailers, photos, downloads (including IM buddy icons, music, wallpaper), and a poster contest. But a lot of them say "Coming Soon" when you scroll over them. How can we be sure he won’t bounce before he updates the website?
Don’t break my heart again, Dave.
This morning on The Howard Stern Show, Joan Rivers announced that when she looks at her crotch she sees Willie Nelson. I’ll give you a second to digest that (not literally.)
Cityrag provides us with a disturbing image of what that might be like for Joan.
Of course, Joan’s statement got me thinking… if Joan’s crotch looks like Willie Nelson, does WIlie Nelson’s crotch look like Joan Rivers? And if so, do other celebrities have a similar problem? Like, for example, does Star Jones’ look like… say… Don King? Or does Nicole Kidman’s look like Tom Cruise? Or does Madonna’s look like Don Knotts? (too soon?)
I’m putting way too much thought into this. I need to stop. Now it’s your turn: what do you think of this possible phenomenon?
Celebrities are just like us. Especially the ones arrested for arson, adultery and indecent exposure. Match your favorite stars with the crimes they committed with the Celebrity Mug Shot Match Game. You’ll be surprised at how much you have in common. We sure were.
Here are the top 5 films Americans spent their hard-earned dollars on this week:
1. Young black male comedians dressed as cranky old black women seem to pretty much guarantee a large opening weekend, no matter how many times it has been done before – $30.25 million (yes, you read that correctly)
2. Paul Walker sleds around Antartica and forms a touching bond with the dogs who pull him – $15.7 million
3. Steve Martin desperately clenching on to his own relevancy – $11.3 million
4. Not another stupid spoof movie – $9.2
5. No one seems to be very curious about seeing George – $7 million
By now everybody knows that Nick Lachey’s brother Drew won ABC’s Dancing With The Stars competition last night. The former 98 Degrees-er proved what I’ve been saying for years: Ex-Boy Band Members are much better dancers than professional wrestlers and aging retired football players. Finally, I have the proof I’ve been searching for.
The craziest moment of last night’s finale wasn’t Drew’s perfect freestyle, complete with a Dirty Dancing-esque leapfrog maneuver. Instead, it was his Brokeback Mountain joke… a joke that was deemed so "controversial" it was edited out of the West Coast feed. Want to see what all the fuss was about? Watch it here:
Scandalous! Check out some of Piper’s favorite Dancing With The Stars moments from this season after the jump.