The great Field Maloney has come to the rescue of Bob Marley‘s reputation. He feels that his "musical legacy has been hijacked and simplified by his cheesier [whiter] fans" and that the greatest hits collection Legend was "a defanged and overproduced selection of Marley’s music." So all of you millions of people who have enjoyed that album over the years, you should be ashamed of yourselves. You should also immediately run right out and get the three albums from Marley’s Fieldian "Golden Age," then throw away Legend! Thank you, Field Maloney, for telling us how stupid we are compared to you.
It’s official. The leather biker’s jacket is the new symbol of a mid-life crisis. Back in the day a brand new Porsche and a pony tail were surefire signs that a guy approaching 50 was grappling with getting older.
These days it’s all about the leather jacket. More specifically, the mock-turtleneck-collared, form-fitting Ducati-inspired biker’s jacket. More and more male celebrities are sporting this look all over Hollywood. The aerodynamic collar and sharp darted shoulders are designed to give the impression that these aging celebs can rock climb, drag race or leap from explosions at a moment’s notice–cause their lives are just that crazy. Lets take a look at the men who have made this fashion trend a mid-life staple.
Topic: Trump vs. Stewart- Who Screwed Up The Apprentice?
"Do we have to wait for Bolton to get here, or can we just start ordering appetizers now?"
This terrifying photograph of Steven Seagal and Carrot Top is courtesy of The Superficial. Now it’s your turn.
[removed by youtube! thanks, fellas.]
Trya Banks is a thoughtful interviewer who is not afraid to ask the tough questions, no matter how many times she has to say "check" or "genital."
If you’re looking for a roundup of pop-culture news, you’ve hit the jackpot!
- Eight workers at a Nebraska meat processing plant claimed the record $365 million Powerball jackpot today. Sometimes knowing nothing about math pays off. But only once in several million.
- Morgan Freeman will be honored with UCLA’s Spencer Tracy Award, which recognizes outstanding screen performances as a semimystical grizzled best friend.
- Brian Dunkleman is maybe just a bit jealous of Ryan Seacrest, but who isn’t?
- NBC releases Dick Wolf‘s latest, Conviction, on iTunes. My dream of living in a Dick Wolf World 24 hours a day is just that closer to coming true! Now all I have to do is get him to start producing my dreams…
- The Last Temptation of James Bond: These morons threaten to boycott Casino Royale (even though they haven’t seen it) because they don’t like Daniel Craig as 007.
- Robert DeNiro‘s maid to serve hard time; judge can’t help making the "you were supposed to clean up for your employers, not clean them out" joke.
Tony keeps his audience in stitches. By the way, have you signed our Save Tony petition?
This week it seems that with the help of the best deprogrammer money can buy, the Patriarch of the Holmes family just might get his daughter back. In this upcoming litigious edition of Life and Style , the tabloid reports that a) Tom and Katie’s made it seem like they were buying a house in Ohio for the benefit of the paparazzi b)Katie hates Tom’s obsession with his own image c)Katie’s dad hopes the two are over for good and he plans to make sure she gets custody of the kid and the cash.
While we’re happy that Katie will be returning home soon, we think think this kind of behavior merits a grounding for at least two weeks.
There have been whispers of a 24 movie for quite some time now. But today, Moviehole has some gossip that could indicate it’s a done deal.
Kiefer has inked a 3 movie deal for a series of ’24’ movies at Fox. Yep, three. Chances are, you’ll see the first one going before-the-cameras as early as ’07. [continue reading]
Yes! I can’t wait.
Of course, now comes the question: do they do it in real time and call it 100 Minutes (plus credits) or do they stick with the 24-hour theme? Or do they abandon it completely and produce some sort of epic action movie that spans weeks– if not months. Gah! This is making my head hurt. All I know is that whatever they decide to do, I’ll be there opening night. It’s what Jack Bauer would want.