This might be the greatest gimmick blog in the long history of great gimmick blogs.
On this day in 1974, George Lucas was polishing up the first draft of Star Wars (excuse me, Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope), the Ramones were having their first practices, and Joaquin Phoenix (nickname: Kitten) was conceived in Puerto Rico. Happy conception day, Kitten!
Also conceived today: Jonas Salk (1914,) Bill Gates (1955), Julia Roberts (1967), Brooke Burns (1977)
- Christian groups are fuming that Britney Spears will be appearing on Will and Grace. On the flipside, they’re very proud of her marriage to stripper loving babydaddy Kevin Federline and her series of religious hymnals like I’m a Slave 4 U and Breathe on Me.
- Mischa Barton laughs off Nicky Hilton’s insulting ‘fat pig’. She seeks revenge by not eating.
- The drug addicted, sex tape hawker Tom Sizemore, known for bedding and beating Heidi Fleiss, has been accused of failing another drug test and of getting thrown out of a drug treatment program. Now that’s what I call a catch!
- Motown building razed for superbowl parking. Superbowl officials compensate for flub by having British teen star and Gap spokesperson Joss Stone sing the blues at Half Time.
- Bono, quoting from Islamic, Jewish and Christian texts, asked for more money for poor people. Then asked for Nobel Prize please.
- Apple Computer was slapped with a lawsuit charging the company doesn’t adequately warn consumers that its wildly popular iPod can cause hearing damage. Apple cites they were more concerned with alerting the public about the potential to turn into a dancing shadow.
Female First is reporting that a Jennifer Aniston fan attacked Brangelina outside a restaurant in Germany:
The loved-up pair – who are expecting their first child together this year – were dining at Berlin’s Nola restaurant when a woman stormed in and screamed: "Where is that home-wrecking Angelina?" The crazed fan – dressed in a ‘Friends’ T-shirt – spotted the Hollywood couple and attempted to slap Angelina.
The fan gave the name â€œAnnifer Jenistonâ€ to the police, but they think it might be an alias.
Actress Heather Locklear filed for divorce from husband of 11 years, Bon Jovi guitarist Richie Sambora. While Sambora was able to vocally support bandmate John Bon Jovi on such rebel tunes like ‘Have a Nice Day,’ he reportedly couldn’t support his wife with the same conviction.
Sources speculate, that while Sambora remained humble during his stint in Bon Jovi, the success of his 2004 side project Shark Frenzy changed everything.
This is a Pac-Man tattoo on someoneâ€™s posterior. I have to confess I spent a lot of time on my posterior playing Pac-Man, but I never thought to do this. Go to BME to see the whole thing.
(Thanks, I think, to Crystal Tips)
Glitterati Gossip has the list of the top 10 sexiest men according to a poll taken for the British magazine New Woman. It comes as no surprise that Brad Pitt is number one, but there is one name there that you might not expect:
1. Brad Pitt 2. Jake Gyllenhaal 3. Orlando Bloom 4. Johnny Depp 5. Clive Owen 6. Jason Hartley 7. Shayne Ward 8. Daniel Craig 9. Simon Jones 10. Olivier Martinez
According the old grey lady Star Magazine, the Paltrow Martin Spawn has two x’s.
…was BWE panelist/comedy master David Wain. Check out his film "Last Man on Earth" below It’s a joke… see? Well you can see it Friday night at 11 VH1′s Best Week Ever.
Our friend Aquarium Drunkard has kindly posted several mp3′s from Uncut Magazine’s tribute CD covering Bob Dylan’s classic Highway 61 Revisited album. Check them out!