Last night was Grammy night, so let’s see what everyone’s talking about:
- Terry Hatcher caused a stir with her sheer dress that showed her man-panties (okay, boy briefs). What a transparent effort to get attention. (AP)
- U2 got won five Grammy awards for How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb, including album of the year. It’s about time they got a little attention. (AP)
- Kelly Clarkson thanked Jesus, God, the radio, her fans and her mother but not American Idol. Why should she? It’s not like they plucked her from obscurity and made her a star. (Yahoo!)
- The fire marshal showed up at G.O.O.D Music’s "Heavenly" themed Grammy after party. But that didn’t stop Kanye West: His gloves were made of asbestos. (AP)
- Sly Stone showed up with a blond Mohawk and white jacket to sing "I Want to Take You Higher," but he didn’t stick around for the whole song. He had to work on the sequels to Rocky and Rambo. (Yahoo!)
- Get the round up for the "Worst Dressed of the Day" at PopSugar. (PopSugar)
- The AP has the quotes of the night, including Tim McGraw‘s: "I called up Kanye and said, `Dude what are you wearing?’" (AP)
Matthew convinces Oprah to do a shot of tequilla.
Go to our YouTube
Group to see more from this interview. Matthew also convinces her
that he doesnâ€™t need deodorant and that he has the best ice. While youâ€™re
there, you can sign up to get notifications every time we post
QUOTE: I’ve always had a problem with judgment, particularly when it comes to women." – John Bobbitt (CNN)
HEADLINE: Teen Using Restroom Falls Out Bus Window (Brocktown News)
PROOF THAT TOM CRUISE IS NUTS: â€œ[Katie’s] life from now on [is] going to be about being
a mother. Iâ€™m not giving her the chance to turn into another Nicole.
Iâ€™ve got Katie tucked away, so no one will get to us until my child is
born â€” and until I want them to.â€ (The Bosh)
REASON NOT TO DRINK PEPSI: First it was "brown & bubbly," now it’s Jimmy Fallon. (Just Jared)
GRAMMY DRINKING GAME: Take a drink everytime Kanye thanks himself in an acceptance speech. (Stereogum)
MYSPACE ADD: Us! (BWE)
WORST WAY TO PROMOTE A NEW ANIMATED CHILDREN’S MOVIE: ‘Curious George’ Collaborator Found Dead (MSNBC)
If you haven’t yet, you should join our YouTube Group to get notifications every time we post videos
BWE panelist Paul Scheer has his come to Jesus moment here.
(Thanks to Goldenfiddle.)
For me, the most interesting part about the Oscars is the self-satisfied feeling I get from predicting the outcome of the various categories – my superior ability to anticipate the fickle nature of The Academy, and the undeserving recipients of their awards, brings me tremendous amounts of satisfaction.
If you would like to challenge my supreme Oscar wisdom, take a moment and join our Best Oscar Pool Ever. And when you’re done with that, you can even create your own (which might make you feel better after I CRUSH YOU!)
You are not going to believe the "mature" version of the game on the website for the new Paul Walker movie, Running Scared. Here are the instructions from Ain’t It Cool News:
Click on the game thing, choose mature content… enter that info so they know you’re at least claiming to be an adult… then your cheat code to get to Paul Walker’s wife is "yugorsky"…
The rest is up to you and your virtual tongue. This is not office nor kid nor decent-people friendly.
This is the most awesome celebration of coffee, power tools, British pop-ska, and family fun Iâ€™ve ever seen. Oh, and the new lyrics are brilliant too. From start to end, this commercial rules.
If you haven’t yet, you should join our YouTube Group to get notifications every time we post videos.