1. Hollywood tigress Angelina Jolie freaked out the crew of her most recent movie, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, with her extensive knowledge of knives. Asking questions like, “Which particular hook is good for ripping their flesh on the way out?,” Jolie reminded us that although she’s really hot, she’s still pretty damn crazy.
2. With their latest eBay purchase, Internet casino GoldenPalace.com spent $15,000 to name another child Goldenpalace.com. The baby’s parents, Pacmanfever and Where’sTheBeef Silverman are incredibly proud.
3. Australian gazelle Nicole Kidman is reportedly dating a handbag designer. She continues to make her way down the spectrum, planning to woo Harvey Firestein next.
4. Bob Geldof announced the lineup for Live Aid II which will occur around the world on July 2.. With Will Smith’s help, maybe parents will understand that global poverty is a very serious issue.
5. Oliver Stone was arrested over the weekend for a DUI. Stone was subjected to tests and police described his responses as “extremely slow” and “difficult to watch.”
Fans know well what audiences around the world are discovering: you simply cannot take in all the detail of a Star Wars movie in one sitting. So intricate and meticulous is each shot that every image tells a rich story. In some cases, that story is kind of funny — a cleverly placed nod to audience members who know where to look. For eagle eyed viewers, they’re called Easter Eggs. Sometimes they’re inside jokes. Other times, they’re just interesting details that are very easy to overlook.[Continue Reading...]
A few fans leave their dignity behind and watch the film frame by frame. Wow. To those of you who are pretending to not be interested may find this essay on fictional universes and the fans who rationalize them,"The Science of Consistency" worth reading. Or if words are too difficult for you right now, I suggest you go watch the fan film "Imperial Chopper".
Pop stars of the past name game.[play]
Improv Everywhere stirs up trouble again with a fake impromptu U2 concert on a rooftop across the street from Madison Square Garden. Not only do they pull it off but they have a heap of pictures to prove to the world that people will believe just about anything when they see a television camera and some old dude who still wears sunglasses at night.
Direct Photo set links 1 and 2 for your quick viewing pleasure and be sure to get the whole event recap here.
and there was much rejoicing.
Hey guys… guys… Hello??? Are you paying any attention at all to what you’re supposed to be doing? Guys? Gah, nevermind.
CBS is replacing "Joan of Arcadia" with "Ghost Whisperer," featuring Jennifer Love-Hewitt as a young wife who communicates with the dead. A much-publicized quip by CBS Chairman Leslie Moonves — "I think talking to ghosts may skew younger than talking to God" — really riled the "Joan of Arcadia" fans. Liana Hix, 36, of Antioch, Calif., called it blasphemy and "really, really thoughtless." [continue reading...]
Jesus 0, Boobies 1.
A track based on a cell-phone ringtone famed for its ability to infuriate listeners topped Britain’s singles charts on Sunday, beating the new track from the band Coldplay to the No. 1 spot.
"Crazy Frog Axel F," inspired by a ringtone based on the sound of a man imitating revving mo-peds, was the highest-selling single in the list compiled by The Official UK Charts Company. The chart takes into account sales of CD singles and downloads.[continue reading...]
Further proof that hell hath frozen over.
Curious are we? Download the ringtone here. I highly suggest you don’t though…
Former US National Basketball Association star Dennis Rodman will take part in the 2005 Wife-Carrying World Championships in Finland in July, organisers said on Monday. The whimsical annual event resembles a 250-metre steeplechase in which the "wife" rides upside down on the runner’s back with her legs slung over his shoulders for maximum speed…Women must be at least 17 years old and weigh at least 49 kilograms (108 pounds) in order to qualify. [continue reading...]
No word yet on whether he will be the carry-er or carry-ee…
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – Ubiquitous socialite Paris Hilton is engaged to marry her boyfriend of five months, Greek shipping heir Paris Latsis, People magazine reported on its Web site on Monday…[continue reading]
You got it…Paris² makes their wedding engagement official and while the wedding date has yet to be determined, a few other wedding details have been leaked:
1) Nicole Richie is *SO* not invited.
2) The wedding will take place in Paris where they will, for the first time ever, start working on Paris III.
3) For Paris to appear at her own wedding reception, it will cost Paris Lastis $200,000 per 20 minute photo-op.
What do these two guys have in common? They’ll both be on Best Week Ever tonight at 11.
If you missed them once you don’t want to miss them again.