The first-ever People Magazine Awards aired tonight on NBC, and it was certainly star-studded (and weird). From Karlie Kloss to Jennifer Lopez, the A-listers showed their beautiful faces in support of People and Entertainment Weekly. However, not everyone was dressed to kill. Did we mention the show was weird?
Aside from being known as the big eye-browed beauty of Victoria’s Secret Angels crew, international supermodel Cara Delevingne is universally loved for her goofy charm. Always taking weird selfies, pulling funny faces, and never taking herself too seriously, Cara is the girl we all want to be BFFs with. Which is probably why it’s so easy for her to steal so many high-profile celebrity girlfriends for herself. Read more…
When Karlie Kloss walks down the street, she probably anticipates the flurry of paparazzi flashes, but what she doesn’t expect is Kara Dudley, an aspiring actress and model. And Dudley probably didn’t expect to be involved in one of the summer’s most talked about photobombs.
I have fond memories of sitting at home in suburbia on a weekend afternoon, as glamazon Cindy Crawford introduced me to the world of fashion on MTV’s House of Style. For some of us, it was a completely new thing to see what went into runway shows and photo shoots and the trends that eventually wound up in the mall. These days, the ins and outs of fashion are part of the fabric of pop culture. It feels like we’re constantly seeing models backstage and hearing designers talk about their inspirations. But that absolutely does not make the revival of HoS redundant. The series premiered online this morning (and will air on TV on December 1). Here’s why you should watch!
1. Hosts Joan Smalls and Karlie Kloss are not just fashion insiders, they’re fans, and their enthusiasm as they get to walk the runways in Paris is infectious.
2. The designers that talk to them — in this episode, Stella McCartney and Jean Paul Gaultier — are the biggest in the biz, and they love Karlie and Joan right back.
3. We also get up close and personal with the models, and learn about their insecurities growing up. Joan revealed that to hide her skinny legs growing up, she used to wear two pairs of sweat socks — even in the heat of Puerto Rico. (Phew! Thank god, I’ve never had that problem.)
4. We see a few fun tricks and secrets of the runway shows — like how hairpieces were attached to hats for the Gaultier show to make their quick changes easy.
5. The preeeettty clothes. I will take one of everything from the Stella show, please. I’m happy to admire the outrageous ’80s pop-inspired fashions from Gaultier from afar, however. Also, Karlie makes an excellent Boy George.
Can’t wait to see episode 2, ladies!
Ashley Greene who? Joe Jonas was spotted with supermodel Karlie Kloss at the Santa Barbara Polo and Racquet Club over the weekend. The pair chatted with pals like Alex Pettyfer and watched Prince William play polo from box seats. Joe didn’t seem to mind being dwarfed by the 18-year-old supermodel, who is the face of Marc Jacob’s perfume Lola and has walked just about every runway possible. What do you think of this maybe love match?
[Photo: Splash News Online]