We hadn’t hear any untoward accusations about why John Travolta‘s second accuser dropped his case today. Looks like his lawyer is just hoping to beat everyone to the punch! “Not one penny has been paid nor do we have any intention to pay any money for these ridiculous and false claims,” Travolta’s lawyer Marty Singer told TMZ, after the unnamed masseur asked that his charges against the actor be dismissed. Well, thanks for pointing out what definitely didn’t happen, sir! If you have any ideas about what actually did happen, or why this insane parade of cringe-worthy accusations seems to be without end, please let us know!
Besides, it’s not as if either of Travolta’s alleged victims are giving up on their claims entirely, a move which might have suggested some shady under-the-massage-table dealings. Two days after the actor’s first accuser dropped his case and hired attorney Gloria Allred, the second has done exactly the same thing. “I’m looking forward to trying the case against Gloria Allred in a court of law, not in the media,” Singer said of the unnamed man’s decision.
Meanwhile there are at least two other accusers floating around, as well as an extremely questionable story out of the National Enquirer from a massage therapist alleging that he had a sexual encounter with Travolta in 1997. “We got into the bed that was right next to the massage table and had a really good time,” Luis Gozalez claimed to the magazine. Wow, hard to head off out-of-the-blue accusations like that! There has to be some evidence that Travolta didn’t spend the last 25 years exclusively getting massaged, right? Marty? Anyone? Hello?
[Photo: Getty Images]
Looks like John Travolta will be returning to a life of seemingly non-stop massages soon enough! According to E! News, the first masseur to accuse the Savages actor of sexual harassment last week has officially moved to dismiss the case. No word on what caused the still-unnamed claimant to submit the notice of dismissal, but it might have something to do with the apparently dependencies in his story. Soon after the masseur claimed Travolta manhandled his manhood on January 16, photos of the actor in New York taken that exact same day cropped up, forcing the claimant to admit that he might have been confused about the date and time. We completely understand how that could happen though! It’s hard to remember all the A-list stars we rub down with fragrant oils too, let alone recall the dates and times they made an appointment. What are we supposed to do? Put it in an appointment book?
However, John shouldn’t slip back into that pillowy soft towel just yet. While lawyer Okorie Okorocha dismissed the first masseur as this client, he still represents the other masseur alleging sexual harassment at Travolta’s hand, a man who is currently seeking $2 million as recompense for Travolta’s alleged inappropriate touching. And that’s not even counting the cruise ship accuser! Since it’s only Tuesday, maybe you should go ahead and avoid all spa-related activities for the rest of the week, John. Or, you know, hire a female masseur. Might be worth a try!
[Photo: Getty Images]
In addition to a spa rub-down and “glutes” work, John Travolta also allegedly enjoys a nice neck massage. A nice, gross neck massage. According to former Royal Caribbean cruise steward Fabian Zanzi, the Old Dogs actor allegedly asked for and received a very special, very inappropriate neck massage from him in 2009, when Zanzi stopped by to deliver something to Travolta’s stateroom. While TMZ located an official incident report about the encounter and it doesn’t mention any sexual harassment, Zanzi is now adding some previously undisclosed details to his story, allegations like “Travolta opened his robe and gave him a big hug while his penis was erect … and offered him $12,000 for sex and silence.” Fanzi was allegedly punished for giving the neck massage, even though giving the neck massage seems like it would itself be a form of punishment. In fact, it’s a Catch-22! It’s a vicious cycle of open robes and bear hugs!
Since he’s had to deal with so many similar claims over the past week, John Travolta’s lawyer Marty Singer was quick to deny the charges, claiming, “The incident report now confirms Mr. Zanzi fabricated his story about my client. He never stated that my client did anything wrong. Obviously, if he had engaged in any inappropriate conduct he would have reported it to his supervisors.” This story begs a lot of questions, most importantly: John Travolta takes cruises alone? How is that even possible? You’d think someone would notice a solitary Tony Manero hanging out near the seafood buffet, right?
[Photo: Getty Images]
Okay, before we say anything else, can we please get this out of the way: Ew. Eww. EWWW. We just wrote about how David Boreanaz was being sued for sexual harassment by a “mystery actress,” after his whole adulterous turn with Rachel Uchitel. Turns out the actress is Kristina Hagen, and she revealed herself alongside Allred at – where else – a press conference. All Hagen said was, “I’m very happy that Ms. Allred has agreed to represent me in this matter. I have confidence in the justice system and that is why I have decided to file this case.”
The suit claims that the Bones actor sent “sexually inappropriate text messages” to Hagan, who happened to be an extra on the show. It goes on to say that David was driving with Kristina in the car (umm why, exactly?) in September last year and told her he was “the boss” and that he could “make things happen for her.” He then parked his car and “attempted to kiss her and touch her breasts but she pushed him away.” Boreanaz then allegedly, “unzipped his pants, pulled out his penis and began stroking it until he ejaculated.”
Hagan also claims that he grabbed, kissed and fondled her and then “masturbated in front of her.” The very detailed suit reveals that David told Hagan that, “he and his wife had argued because there were reports of his infidelity” coming out — and that he and Hagan would have to “cool it.” Right. So, we’re confused? They were involved? How’s this sexual harassment, then?
Apparently Boreanaz kept telling Hagan that he would find her an acting job. He didn’t, and now we have a suit. She’s not focusing her angry attention just on him though, she’s suing Fox and the Bones production houses as well for not taking care of the situation with the actor. He’s denying everything, as expected. His rep has spoken up stating, “The allegations concerning any alleged inappropriate conduct by David Boreanaz are totally fabricated and absurd. There is no validity to this lawsuit.” Sigh. Stay tuned.
[Photo: Getty Images and Radar Online]