The point of this post is that, in a nutshell, the President Barack Obama is just plain cool. He’s been named as the Time Person of the Year for 2012 which we can all agree on being a pretty awesome thing. But our attention was diverted by this ridiculously adorable photograph that popped up on the POTUS’ twitter account around the time that the announcement was made which was captioned as, “Photo of the day: President Obama gets caught in Spider-Man’s web.” It’s the photo for a lot of days, as far as we’re concerned! The photograph was taken by the White House photographer Pete Souza and shows the President goofing around the W.H, playing with one of the staffer’s kids. The little tyke’s dressed as Spider-man (good choice, kid) who’s pretending to shoot a spider web at Obama. Obama, of course, pretends to be stuck in Spider-kid’s imaginary web. It looks totally spontaneous and we love the President for being this guy. Souza has been responsible for a lot of awesome photographs of Obama — another favorite being of the Prez, tired and smiling, and pulling off his bowtie as the elevator doors of the private residence in the White House are about to close. Here’s a nice colletion of those photos, in honor of Obama becoming Person of The Year.
[Photo via Twitter]
Every year, Time does a pretty decent job combining pop culture personalities with businesspeople and super important political types for their 100 Most Influential People list, and this year is no exception. We’ll let you read about Hillary Clinton and Anthony Kennedy on your own time. We’re going to recap the people on the list who have some pretty hefty influence on these very blog pages. Here’s how they rank — in our expert opinion of ourselves — and why:
22. Tim Cook: For being Steve Jobs’ successor as CEO of Apple, from whom we will be buying lots of things until the end of time, even though we are still PC people.
21. Marc Andreessen: For being the co-creator of the first widely used web browser (Mosaic), who now owns part of, like every social media platform we use. So, thanks!
20. Walter Isaacson: One more geeky entry here for the Steve Jobs biography, since every other person we know has been reading it.
19. Louis C.K.: For being one of the most consistently funny people on TV and Web ever.
18. Jeremy Lin: Not necessarily for what he’s done for the Knicks as much as for what he’s done for punny headlines and tweets.
17. Raphael Saadiq: For making old-school soul so now.
16. Tim Tebow: For being the suspected football boyfriend of every “good” girl in Hollywood. And maybe now New York, too?
There’s really no arguing with most of the people on Time magazine’s 2011 100 List of the most influential people of the past year. Mark Zuckerberg, President Obama, Oprah Winfrey, even Justin Bieber: They are all easily some of the most recognizable and important people of the past year. But what about some of the other people on the list, do Blake Lively and Sting they really stack up and compare to the founder of Facebook and the president of the U.S.A.? We didn’t think so. But they aren’t the only questionable ones on our list. Here are the five most “WTF are they doing on this list?” people on the list, in our humble opinion.
2. Blake Lively
4. Peter Vesterbacka
5. Mark Wahlberg
[Photos: Getty Images/]